Recruiting Football Talk VII

Is that bottom left picture (mobile) the one that famous rock climber did without safety lines? I think it was called free solo.
Yes it is...if you look at the pics I posted in an earlier post last from Taft Point, you can see El Capitan from a angle you don't see very often in many popular pics...we are looking across the valley and down at it. I'll post one from there so you don't have to go figure out which one I'm talking about..
20210930_101022.jpg

I think the new system opens doors for schools and players that are beneficial for those willing to be open minded.

Portal season is bad timing sure, but young guys all over are getting chances to play which is exciting for them and for fans. Look no further than QB, RB, and DB for UT as an example.

The parity is obvious, and was needed.

If you hate the Bama's of the world then you should prefer this.

My only wish is they could limit one year transfers just to slow things down some. There would always be exceptions though, and the NCAA is chicken to oppose any. Courts love to uphold player rights, which they should.

Capitalism dictates that the market will eventually reign in the dumbest moves. Players that hop a lot will either prove their value (unlikely) or start earning less and creating natural deterrents.

I think one things NIL's should include are clawbacks. Pay them more, but have more bargaining to retain.

In less than five years, I envision somewhere between 60-80 schools will have separation from the NCAA into
4-5 football only divisions. That will lead to expanded playoffs somewhere between 16-24 teams. That will bring in huge new tv contracts.
32 team "Premier League" in 10 years.............Brought to you by, Amazon Prime.

OSU was also nearly at full strength. Not on offense bc MHJ and QB situation, but the only other guys who missed the game were a couple defensive players who were injured.

Not sure how that narrative got spread that OSU was missing a lot of players.
You can't say a team without their starting qb and a top 5 nfl draft pick is nearly at full strength. That's nuts. Those two being in the game would have changed everything.

Their defense played great. Their offense looked like they were missing their 2 best players.

Acadia is at the top for me now.

What are some of your favorite state parks?
Custer in SD and Dead Horse Point, Goblin Valley and Kodachrome Basin in Utah, Calaveras Big Trees in California are my faves so far, bit there are a ton of state parks in the Midwest and NE that are on my bucket list that I haven't been to yet.

Last edited:
You can't say a team without their starting qb and a top 5 nfl draft pick is nearly at full strength. That's nuts. Those two being in the game would have changed everything.

Their defense played great. Their offense looked like they were missing their 2 best players.
😆 I can still enjoy them losing and their fans melting

Nearly at full strength = missing like 2-3 starters total.

I even said except on offense where they were missing MHJ and their starting QB. Did you only read my first sentence?

Reactions: GoBears
Iowa has a good defense but if you can score like 14-17 on them that’s prob gonna do it. That’s one dogsh*t offense they have. And of course their defensive numbers were inflated bc they played people like Rutgers, Illinois, Nebraska and Northwestern all yr.
Maybe a dogsh*t offense but they haven’t played against the fighting Willie’s yet!

I think the new system opens doors for schools and players that are beneficial for those willing to be open minded.

Portal season is bad timing sure, but young guys all over are getting chances to play which is exciting for them and for fans. Look no further than QB, RB, and DB for UT as an example.

The parity is obvious, and was needed.

If you hate the Bama's of the world then you should prefer this.

My only wish is they could limit one year transfers just to slow things down some. There would always be exceptions though, and the NCAA is chicken to oppose any. Courts love to uphold player rights, which they should.

Capitalism dictates that the market will eventually reign in the dumbest moves. Players that hop a lot will either prove their value (unlikely) or start earning less and creating natural deterrents.

I think one things NIL's should include are clawbacks. Pay them more, but have more bargaining to retain.
Saw somewhere that the top ten incoming freshmen are going to ten different schools. That's the benefit of NIL. How many top ten players were going to Bama UGA OSU Clemson 5 years ago?

Parity is coming. College football will be much more fun to watch with more schools in contention and more weeks where top teams can actually lose a game if they have a bad week.

Yes it'll be only the top 20 richest collectives (and I think we'll be among them), but that's better than the same 4 schools always being at the top.

Nearly at full strength = missing like 2-3 starters total.

I even said except on offense where they were missing MHJ and their starting QB. Did you only read my first sentence?
2-3 starters makes it seem random and not a big deal. Saying the 2 best players, including the starting QB, paints a more accurate picture.

Saw somewhere that the top ten incoming freshmen are going to ten different schools. That's the benefit of NIL. How many top ten players were going to Bama UGA OSU Clemson 5 years ago?

Parity is coming. College football will be much more fun to watch with more schools in contention and more weeks where top teams can actually lose a game if they have a bad week.

Yes it'll be only the top 20 richest collectives (and I think we'll be among them), but that's better than the same 4 schools always being at the top.

Toss in a playoff and the small potential that guys could transfer and play for the playoff team...

Reactions: InVOLuntary
2-3 starters makes it seem random and not a big deal. Saying the 2 best players, including the starting QB, paints a more accurate picture.

For the #3 team in talent composite rankings (10 5*, 63 4*), missing 2-3 players shouldn’t be *that* big of a deal.

Especially playing a team at #25 (two 5*, 20 4*).

But still, I said they were missing MHJ and a QB. If people reading my post don’t know who MHJ is that’s on them.

I post a lot of shenanigans, but we all have a serious side too. Here is a devotional in case anyone who needs it.

December 30, 2023: Keep pushing on regardless of the difficulties you face at this moment. Stay strong in spirit, and the rest will follow. Your prayers will be answered in due season, says the Lord. Be patient and hold on to hope and faith, says the Lord. You are precious in My sight. 1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Yosemite and Glacier are my top two bucket list national parks to go to.

Cool thing is that I get to go to Portland, Maine for a work conference in June. Gonna take a few extra days and hit up Acadia and some other places near there, so I get to cross that NP off the list.
It's been 20 years or so, but we loved Acadia.

We've been to Glacier each of the past 2 years; it's our favorite. Probably will go again at some point. We love scenery, wildlife, and hikes; it's great for all 3.

Been to Yosemite twice, so obviously we like it, but to us it doesn't compare to Glacier.

VN Store

Back