Recruiting Football Talk VII

The quality of classes can basically be grouped like this (with total scores):
1. The best by a mile.
2. The second best by a good margin.
3 - 6. Top notch, but not different from each other.
7 - 12. Next tier. Not different from each other.
13 - 16. Next tier. Etc. Then there's a drop off.

It's a little muddy in the 11-14 range, and you could bin those together. We're 13th in total (7th SEC) on 247, 11th in average (7th SEC).

Our class is virtually no different than Florida, LSU, OU, A&M. I'd argue it could be better than LSU and Oklahoma's because they have 27 and 28 commits with lower averages like a Butch class. A&M could pass us as they back-fill their class. Auburn, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are the ones with clearly better classes regardless of how you slice it.

Really hope they teach some of these big NIL earning kids financial management skills.....................................I am not going to hold my breath lol
I wonder about the tax man. Are they withholding income tax and self employment tax for them? There are some huge tax liabilities accumulating.

Are we still going by avg star rating since every team ahead of us and at least 5 behind us have higher avg star rating, or have we decided we like our point-based #14 ranking better?
We are a lot better than your boy Chip. Who, by the way is 34-34 in 6 scintillating years as head coach there. 11 commits. Nine 3* and two 4*.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220-222142.png
    Screenshot_20231220-222142.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 11
1. The best by a mile.

It's a little muddy in the 11-14 range, and you could bin those together. We're 13th in total (7th SEC) on 247, 11th in average (7th SEC).

Our class is virtually no different than Florida, LSU, OU, A&M. I'd argue it could be better than LSU and Oklahoma's because they have 27 and 28 commits with lower averages like a Butch class. A&M could pass us as they back-fill their class. Auburn, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are the ones with clearly better classes regardless of how you slice it.
The best measure of a class isn't your recruiting ranking or average player ranking, IMO. It's whether or not you met your needs. I think we met our needs on offense. Didn't quite meet our needs on defense. Still possibly could by February.

1. The best by a mile.

One of those teams is not like the others, Auburn. Wild to see them do that well.

Nice car, must've worked hard for it....
These younger generations don’t know what “work” is…. I got grads working for me that think should be promoted 2-3 levels because they happened to “learn” a skill in 6 months, regardless of mastery. We are (as a society) raising the laziest, “I want it before I earn it” generations that I didn’t even think was possible.

These younger generations don’t know what “work” is…. I got grads working for me that think should be promoted 2-3 levels because they happened to “learn” a skill in 6 months, regardless of mastery. We are (as a society) raising the laziest, “I want it before I earn it” generations that I didn’t even think was possible.
Funny that your dad's generation thought the same of you.

VN Store

Back