Recruiting Football Talk VII

Just ignore me. I did read and YOU WROTE HE DID NOT ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Just because he spoke with another player to perhaps not call him by his first name is not a coach fighting with a player. Read slowly, I do not know what he said and neither do you. So you do not know if he’s out of line or not and neither do I. You would think a professor could think logically but then we see them in real life.
Clearly you still can't read. I didn't say he didn't act ike an adult, I said he needed to be the adult. That shouldn't be a controversial statement. All coaches need to be the adult. The Miss State coach should be the adult and tell his boys to stop. Tony should be the adult and ignore the chirping. At the end of the day NOTHING HAPPENED and we are arguing about something that got de-escalated simply because you can't be objective.

You also somehow think I'm a college professor? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

You and 1 other person didn't appreciate that I gave all parties blame for the altercation because you cannot comprehend the actual criticism I'm providing. I gave Tony the least criticism of the entire bunch. I even spelled out for you what my point is and you are continuing to make it about WHAT he said when I have continued to emphasize it has nothing to do with what was said. So, I'll happily do as you ask and ignore you since you have informed me of your refusal to be objective.

Didn't Burke send one into the trees in 2022? The "wake up squirrels!" call because it was at like 2am?

Edit: I found it. Burke's moonshot into the Alabama night to kill Kentucky's hopes and dreams was 401 feet to the right field trees.

Christian Moore's batter's eye ball went 441 🤯

Last edited:
That’s not exactly it.

In 2021, MSU got run ruled in 2 games in the SECT and won the national title. Arkansas won the SECT and lost in the supers. In 2022, OM lost their opener in the SECT and won the national title. UT won the SECT and lost in the supers. In 2023, Vandy won the SECT and lost in the regionals. UT lost their opener in the SECT (and out) and went to the CWS. Before Covid, there are examples of teams winning in both, but there is definitely recent evidence that winning the SECT really does not do anything for you. You use a bunch of arms. It’s the long game.
It is all rust vs. rest, and TV is playing it right.

When you have the opportunity to win another trophy and be the #1 overall seed you go try to win it and secure the seed (probably already locked up). Superstitious people will say its a curse or something. Screw that, win what's in front of you and hang a banner.

If we win the title only Bama, Miss State, LSU, and Florida will have more SEC tournament titles than the Vols iirc
It’s not superstition…. Just don’t want to hurt yourself in the tournament that matters… It sounds like Tony is trying to prevent that from happening.

VN Store

Back