Recruiting Football Talk VII

A little over halfway through my bottle. I was fortunate that both my wife and mother won bottles in the lottery. Definitely a top three finished bourbon/whiskey for me. Though a different finish, I'd put it in the realm of Master's Keep Revival.
Wow, that's a lot to drink by 8:49 in the morning.

Incredible if you can find it. Only reason I know about it is a friend of mine helped financially to start the company

View attachment 642758
i got a bottle of this for my mothers memorial. we had it during the the 2022 TN/KY game and did shots of good bourbon with family and friends, just like she would have liked it. good stuff.

Not necessarily. Join mailing list, most of us build relationships with our local stores too.

The thing I enjoy the most is when I’m traveling, I’m always looking for liquor stores to stop at. Me and my lady will actually road trip and go “hunting”.

Recently I’ve been way more into the Craft stuff anyways. If you get into Ga, Fl, Miss, keep an eye out for crafts such as Crittentons, Ben Holladay bottles. Those are some of the best craft pours out there rite now. If you can get to KY or Ohio be on the look out for OCD 5 bottles.

Most of those range from $45-75 and I’d put them up against probably any other bottle in that price range. That OCD is like drinking Chocolate covered Raisins, simply delicious
been doing that for years......great way to find new stuff, and sometimes harder to find bottles.

i've pretty much settled on a few staples....Jeffersons Reserve, Basil, blade and bow, and Elijah Craig are all solid and pretty affordable. the one i will always pick up when i see it is Eagle Rare.

i keep some other stuff for friends/family...i've got a bottle Angels, Old Forester, Buffalo Trace.....i had a bottle of blantons i got for my birthday...and i drank it. it was good, but i'm not sure it's all that? i still have a little of the Joseph Magnus and some Sweetens' Cove...but they're on E.....

Reactions: MetalVolunteer
I thought our plan was to rest. It’s why we lost the opener.

We should have lost yesterday too and gone home.
Yep, not sure what's going on ... some fans that traveled to watch the candy game spoke out as disappointed that they traveled and spent the money only to see us seemingly take that game as a scrimmage... and then we go and "try" yesterday with TAMU and win... Wonder what the plan is here?

A great outcome of the settlement:

The settlement-related model is expected to have a new enforcement arm and governance structure for, at least, the power conference schools, allowing them to create and enforce their own rules. Finalization around those details may be months away.

For administrators, the enforcement situation is a key piece. The settlement does not eliminate booster-led collectives, but incentivizes schools to bring them within the university’s athletic department, mostly through a stronger enforcement entity — one that potentially operates outside of the NCAA and gains teeth through the settlement itself.

If this wasn't the case, I think the NCAA would continue to target Tennessee and be quite vindictive about it. Retaliation should not be possible under the new model.

Not necessarily. Join mailing list, most of us build relationships with our local stores too.

The thing I enjoy the most is when I’m traveling, I’m always looking for liquor stores to stop at. Me and my lady will actually road trip and go “hunting”.

Recently I’ve been way more into the Craft stuff anyways. If you get into Ga, Fl, Miss, keep an eye out for crafts such as Crittentons, Ben Holladay bottles. Those are some of the best craft pours out there rite now. If you can get to KY or Ohio be on the look out for OCD 5 bottles.

Most of those range from $45-75 and I’d put them up against probably any other bottle in that price range. That OCD is like drinking Chocolate covered Raisins, simply delicious
I do the same thing. Especially outside the south. You can find amazing bottles of bourbon for low prices in Michigan, new york, and California. Highly populated states with people who don't care anything about bourbon. I've found blanton's for $60, BT for $20, eagle rare for $30, stuff like that. Multiple bottles, owners say they've sat on the shelf forever because nobody will buy them.

Even the allocated stuff is cheap and just sits there forever, it's amazing.

Reactions: MetalVolunteer
A great outcome of the settlement:

The settlement-related model is expected to have a new enforcement arm and governance structure for, at least, the power conference schools, allowing them to create and enforce their own rules. Finalization around those details may be months away.

For administrators, the enforcement situation is a key piece. The settlement does not eliminate booster-led collectives, but incentivizes schools to bring them within the university’s athletic department, mostly through a stronger enforcement entity — one that potentially operates outside of the NCAA and gains teeth through the settlement itself.

If this wasn't the case, I think the NCAA would continue to target Tennessee and be quite vindictive about it. Retaliation should not be possible under the new model.
What exactly are they hoping to accomplish with this?

I do the same thing. Especially outside the south. You can find amazing bottles of bourbon for low prices in Michigan, new york, and California. Highly populated states with people who don't care anything about bourbon. I've found blanton's for $60, BT for $20, eagle rare for $30, stuff like that. Multiple bottles, owners say they've sat on the shelf forever because nobody will buy them.

Even the allocated stuff is cheap and just sits there forever, it's amazing.
It's crazy the amount of great bourbon that can be found on grocery store shelves throughout Cali.

Reactions: jave36

Some other notable features:

- Dixieland Delight will play automatically after every home victory for Tennessee over Alabama.

- Players that lead Kentucky to a national title in Dynasty Mode will receive a QR code to claim a coupon for 2x Fuel Points at participating Kroger stores.

- The Dynasty Mode offseason schedule for Georgia will include a kart-racer style mini-game.

- When playing as Michigan, the opposing team’s play selections will be displayed before you select your own plays.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back