Recruiting Football Talk VII

This appears to show the entire interaction between the cop and Scottie Scheffler.

And unless I'm missing something here, the cop and all the corroborating witness cops should be fired.

One of these days the technology will be so advanced we can have body cams that can't simply be switched off. Crazy I know...

Happens all the damn time in the USA. It just usually happens to poor and working class folks without the fame, money, or lawyers to fight back.

I love good Bourbon, unfortunately my finances don't afford us luxuries like in the past. Stick to my budget bourbons. You have any suggestions about any less known inexpensive options?
Green river 34.99
Old granddad bonded 26.99 or so
Granddad 114 30.99 or so

And hell, I LOVE rebel 100’ at 19.99 and Evan Williams bottled in bond (white label) at 17.99

Ok, guys that played baseball at a high level...... Is it harder to hit a guy that pitches from that downward sidearm angle? I've seen it before but never at that extreme angle. He's almost inverted his head lining that pitch up.
Yes….beacuse you’re not used to seeing that arm slot with that type movement. As a batter, your tendency is to bail-out (as a right handed batter) and you lunge at the ball resulting in rolling the ball over or hitting a weak pop fly to the outfield.

Ok, guys that played baseball at a high level...... Is it harder to hit a guy that pitches from that downward sidearm angle? I've seen it before but never at that extreme angle. He's almost inverted his head lining that pitch up.
not a high level guy... but know guys that played college, and minor league. they say the ball is easier to see.

back in 1800's, we had a guy that would drop down, occasionally. was more effective, like smoltz'. yes of course im talking about whiffle ball.

Last edited:
France dog! I just realize that I ate one of those long ago in France when I had missed lunch and all the restaurants are closed between lunch and dinner. Finally, saw a food truck open with a huge picture of that "France dog" on the side, but they called it "The American!" A real French baguette. I think it was Brie (not Gruyere) layered over a smear of butter, sliced tomato, real French mustard. French fries, of course.
A Surrender Dog? No thank you.
white-flag-gif-21.gif

Happy Friday

MAY 2024 May 24, 2024: Even when life is difficult to navigate and it seems like you cannot make sense of what is happening around you, I am still with you, says the Lord. Stay the course, and continue to do your best; I will take care of the rest. You can trust Me to do what you cannot do and take you where you cannot go on your own. Maintain an unrelenting faith. Mark 11:22-24 So Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them

I totally get that BUT for guys like myself, who enjoy a good pour (but not enough to warrant the ability to purchase it), we are left out unless we ”know somebody” (an owner). Then I hate to ask because it puts them in a somewhat awkward position.
Do you have a store that you solely shop at?

Yes….beacuse you’re not used to seeing that arm slot with that type movement. As a batter, your tendency is to bail-out (as a right handed batter) and you lunge at the ball resulting in rolling the ball over or hitting a weak pop fly to the outfield.
^^^ This right here. Good post.

It takes going against it several times to find the release point and not instinctively bail out. That pitching style is more effective with a same side pitcher/hitter (RHP/RH, LHP/LH).

We've got a few guys lunging no matter the pitcher currently, Amick as an example. That style would drive them crazy. They drop the back shoulder and pop up or K, they roll over and hit the weak grounders - just as you stated.

Do you have a store that you solely shop at?
Yes, but I also drop in a couple of other stores. All are locally owned, I do not go into Total Wine but have thought about it because others tell me they have “better luck” finding what they want. I am a “support local” guy but maybe it hurts me here.

Yes, but I also drop in a couple of other stores. All are locally owned, I do not go into Total Wine but have thought about it because others tell me they have “better luck” finding what they want. I am a “support local” guy but maybe it hurts me here.
Are you in middle tn or east?

I totally get that BUT for guys like myself, who enjoy a good pour (but not enough to warrant the ability to purchase it), we are left out unless we ”know somebody” (an owner). Then I hate to ask because it puts them in a somewhat awkward position.
Not necessarily. Join mailing list, most of us build relationships with our local stores too.

The thing I enjoy the most is when I’m traveling, I’m always looking for liquor stores to stop at. Me and my lady will actually road trip and go “hunting”.

Recently I’ve been way more into the Craft stuff anyways. If you get into Ga, Fl, Miss, keep an eye out for crafts such as Crittentons, Ben Holladay bottles. Those are some of the best craft pours out there rite now. If you can get to KY or Ohio be on the look out for OCD 5 bottles.

Most of those range from $45-75 and I’d put them up against probably any other bottle in that price range. That OCD is like drinking Chocolate covered Raisins, simply delicious

VN Store

Back