Recruiting Football Talk VII

This is why we can't lose to vanderbilt, ever. This is why the game tonight mattered. Look at what it's done to the RF. Posters are so mad, they can't even get their words typed out in a way that makes sense. We are at each other's throats. What is wrong with you people?
In my defense… I am never able to type anything that makes sense.

All I know is we better
not ever lose to vanderbilt again!!!!!
Gave a Like for exclamation points, if nothing else. It gave your comment just a little extra...and, with that little extra emotion, I literally felt it right here ❤️. In my heart, man. Thank you.

With that, I now know that you, TRULY, mean business.

Sooo can they continue past investigations? They better not come near Nico again.
idk. This is what it says. The bureaucrats want to hold on to their power to either cover up or attack programs on behalf of their pets at will, it appears.

The settlement-related model is expected to have a new enforcement arm and governance structure for, at least, the power conference schools, allowing them to create and enforce their own rules. Finalization around those details may be months away.

For administrators, the enforcement situation is a key piece. The settlement does not eliminate booster-led collectives, but incentivizes schools to bring them within the university’s athletic department, mostly through a stronger enforcement entity — one that potentially operates outside of the NCAA and gains teeth through the settlement itself.

As part of the settlement, the judge is expected to “reaffirm” existing NCAA compensation rules, specifically those that prohibit booster payments for deals that are not “true NIL,” according to a legal document summarizing the agreement. However, few details on the enforcement entity have been shared.

Didn’t show up🤷🏼‍♂️
Baseball is weird...especially in college baseball postseason play..you can get run by a team that you would beat 80 or 90 out of every 100 games you played them.

We would have beaten that ND team a couple of years ago at least 70 times over a 100 games...but all they needed was 2.

Most people here do not understand that about baseball...they do not understand the game much at all, and even the ones that do still make idiotic remarks sometimes.

All Tony can do is consistently put together good-great teams and play it out...he may never win a title, but the more good-great teams he puts out in the field...the better our chances for a NC.

He is REALLY good at putting good-great teams together..and this year has proven to me that he can even squeeze greatness out of a team that should just be good-really good according to what we expected pre-season.

And yet...he may never win the CWS because...

That's just baseball..🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Gave a Like for exclamation points, if nothing else. It gave your comment just a little extra...and, with that little extra emotion, I literally felt it right here ❤️. In my heart, man. Thank you.

With that, I now know that you, TRULY, mean business.
Thanks bro. I wasn't sure if the exclamation points went at the end or if I needed spaces or if I should have dropped down a couple of lines and then put them in. That vandy loss gave this forum the dumbs, including yours truly.

FTR....... I don't stand on business

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS

idk. This is what it says. The bureaucrats want to hold on to their power to either cover up or attack programs on behalf of their pets at will, it appears.
The amount of lawsuits that would bring about if they tried to enforce any sort of regulation on what they deem illegal NIL payments lol and going to be hard to enforce without a antitrust provision…

Reactions: SweetasSoda
That's a lot of firepower to replace on offense but maybe you're right.
Soooo much lost firepower...there has to be dropoff..but hopefully they are right and newbs step up.

I personally just can't ever have good expectations based on "potential"...it seems like a lot of our always overly optimistic posters have zero trouble with doing that, but that being said...I hope they are right.

I believe Tony will put a good competitive team on the field next year...that is where my expectations for next season are.

Of course they will go higher with some great, proven off-season additions..but you can't COUNT on those until you can.

Who is the bruh here who keeps advocating that we should have broken our contractual obligation with SEC and television and refused to play today when we are SEC champion and pretty much a lock as a host for regional and subregional. Does this person care to inform of what the stipulated penalties and additional repercussions would have been>

I just skimmed it in passing on more than one page. WTF?

Last edited:
Chaz: "Hey coach...who is that dude kissing your wife over there?"

Pope: "Oh. That is her boyfriend. If I behave myself, they let me watch quietly from the corner while they make the beast with two backs."

Chaz: "Uh, ok. Well, I'm gonna head out then."
Uhhhmmm...what the heck is this about? 😳🤔

Tough skin? 😂 Nothing about that is weak. You only get that sort of terror when you also have that level of competitive drive.

If the pitcher has a lot of passion for the sport and a big competitive drive (which he surely does being a D1 pitcher), giving up a walk-off homer to your most hated rival that also ends your season is gonna hurt, for a while.
Only if the guy is mentally weak...relief pitchers can not dwell on these things, they have to snap and clear...I do get what you are saying though, even if he is tough mentally, he will always really regret it to some degree.

VN Store

Back