Recruiting Football Talk VII

I suppose you have in mind things like this joke.

I tried not to laugh.

I'm trying to stay neutral in that one between you and some others and on the other hand Butchna and Cosmo.
Tbf, I've been impressed with his performances. He's still done boneheaded stuff that he did at UK that lost them games. So we will see.

Reactions: Orange.
Both things can be true.

Anecdotal evidence <> large scale evidence.

That said, soft *** Clemson crowd I don't believe 😅 The shiny helmets were just blinding opposing fans. Alabama's students also leave at halftime.

Meanwhile UGA folks are showing up looking like they belong in Mad Max and UT has 102k screaming. This felt like more of a list of teams where it may be harder to play in, but also more successful teams the last 15 years.

The only thing I have on our crowds (which is probably true for many, it's just the team I watch the most ofc, so I notice it more), and this goes for 99% of home fan observations, is that they'll go quiet when the team isn't crushing it. I'm talking sitting on their hands on 3rd downs. Many expect the players to incite the crowd, when it should be the opposite...they are the fans.
You have to consider the level of the team for that given year and what era you talk about also. Just depends.. I guess the better question is…

Which is the best stadium when the team is at its best?

Tried both for first time as an adult. Pals is superior
I wouldn't have even put them in the same category. Pals, mcd, bk, sonic, they're all one type of burger place. Pre pattied, maybe even frozen beef, budget burger places.

Cookout, five guys, Freddy's, steak n shake, Culver's, they're that next tier up where they don't get pre pattied beef.

Pals uses store brand ketchup too, that alone should make any civilized person go elsewhere.

I'm making a list of all you Pal's lovers and never asking you for restaurant recommendations lol

I wouldn't have even put them in the same category. Pals, mcd, bk, sonic, they're all one type of burger place. Pre pattied, maybe even frozen beef, budget burger places.

Cookout, five guys, Freddy's, steak n shake, Culver's, they're that next tier up where they don't get pre pattied beef.

Pals uses store brand ketchup too, that alone should make any civilized person go elsewhere.

I'm making a list of all you Pal's lovers and never asking you for restaurant recommendations lol
pals is overrated, cept the toasted cheese

There is really only one restaurant recommendation....

If it's not Applebee's, why bother?

Explain the "toasted cheese".
its extremely complex. YEARS were soent inside Pal Barger's world famous kitchen testing facility on the Hallowed Grounds of olde Skobys, inventing this masterpiece.

Chef expertly grills two pieces of enriched white hamburger bun - with two pieces of american cheese melted inside, presumably using a process called mee-crowaving.

chef may choose to include bacon, lettuce, or even tomato.

Get back to me when Cookout wins a Malcolm Baldrige award. Lol.

Restaurant awards are pretty LOL. Voted the "best restaurant in America" by the James Beard Foundation 2 years ago was Chai Pani in Asheville, moving onto my block currently. All I can say is, it isn't the best...even in its own city. Awards are bought. I'll leave it there.

its extremely complex. YEARS were soent inside Pal Barger's world famous kitchen testing facility on the Hallowed Grounds of olde Skobys, inventing this masterpiece.

Chef expertly grills two pieces of enriched white hamburger bun - with two pieces of american cheese melted inside, presumably using a process called mee-crowaving.

chef may choose to include bacon, lettuce, or even tomato.
dd0495f8-07a9-4aee-91a9-3cd754ce5eb5_text-851492779.gif

*"like a grilled cheese" would've been fine.

Last edited:
Tbf, I've been impressed with his performances. He's still done boneheaded stuff that he did at UK that lost them games. So we will see.
I get it. That said, those nails would be "fabulous," in more ways than one.

Mostly I was just messing with @mrMet. He's moved me to a mostly neutral position, based on my natural empathy for people on this board, but my resolve still buckles when I'm confronted with a humorous shot at Mayo boy.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back