Recruiting Football Talk VII

He desperately needs a big year or else that fanbase may not tolerate the cringe much longer. They'll roast him for not taking some good portal players when some of the players they have perform poorly.
Sadly, the autobids in the new system give him a relatively easy path to the playoffs.

As I noted, he admitted yesterday that he failed on everyone he tried to get in the portal. That "against my principles" malarky is as big a lie as Saban's, who one of the biggest players in the portal and NIL.

Like Saban, Dabo was throwing giant bags with impunity. They don't like other teams being able to counter that with NIL.

#162,887, #162,901. Bonus Dabo quote: #162,906. And also in the clip Butch posted, Dabo saying, well, technically high school recruits are transfers, so we have a whole class of transfers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't be the only person that you've ever heard trash Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. They're closing in on 30 years since their last Super Bowl appearance. I know it irks you that I don't have a favorite team that you can disparage. I haven't had a favorite NFL team since Peyton retired. The Vols are my favorite football team.
That book years back about the 90s Cowboys team was WIIIIIIILD.

Any book of Jerry Jones should be equally spectacular, if the truth is told. I'm fully expecting some Donald Sterling popoffs 😄

Reactions: knoxvol52
What made Dabo was the void in our recruiting when UT went in to tailspin, plus the NCAA not minding how many bags from collection plates that Dabo threw.

That we beat Clemson decisively in that Orange Bowl left a mark. He is still recruiting pretty well, but we are doing well getting back into the Carolinas. I think we are the better choice for anyone who doesn't fall for Dabo's "Mr. Holiness" act.

I think the biggest recruiting advantage Dabo has right now is that he doesn't have to win or place high in the SEC to go to the big show.

Last edited:
@knoxvol52 , the 3 NFL teams that I criticize the most are 1) the Cowboys (I used to live there and went to several games in the 80's), 2) the Titans (I didn't like them in Houston and that didn't change when they moved to TN. I don't think they're a well run organization), and the AZ Cardinals (where I currently live). The Cardinals have proved to be a poor organization from the owner down.

Last edited:
Reactions: jave36
@knoxvol52 , the 3 NFL teams that I criticize the most are 1) the Cowboys (I used to live there and went to several games in the 80's, 2) the Titans (I didn't like them in Houston and that didn't change when they moved to TN. I don't think thy're a well run organization), and the AZ Cardinals (where I currently live). The Cardinals have proved to be a poor organization from the owner down.
Cowboys and Browns are my usual ones. Used to be Patriots, but now that Mayo is there and Brady isn't, I don't mind them.

Then it depends which players or coaches are bothering me at the time. I hated the Chiefs this year because of Kelce and Swift, but usually I like them.

Reactions: UTJoe and Orange.
Cowboys and Browns are my usual ones. Used to be Patriots, but now that Mayo is there and Brady isn't, I don't mind them.

Then it depends which players or coaches are bothering me at the time. I hated the Chiefs this year because of Kelce and Swift, but usually I like them.
I'm kinda rooting for VFL Mayo, too. Ditto on that KC sideshow. I also try to root for some teams just because some people here like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glitch
Recently jail broke my Firestick and downloaded Kodi for streaming and I have to say, not bad. It’s a little clunky, I don’t think I’d want it for my only access to shows, movies, sports, etc., but it’s solid as a supplemental option at a fraction of the cost. Not something I’d get rid of YTTV for at this point, but definitely something I’m going to use to cut out other streaming options in the future.

I bought 6 months of Real-Debrid too, for only $18, which gives you paid links on top of free links in the video add ons on Kodi. Only sports I’ve watched on it so far was for soccer and it was games and leagues I normally wouldn’t get to watch as I don’t have those channels on YTTV. Quality was good and no buffering issues at all. Before I bought Real-Debrid and was using the free links I did have some slight buffering issues and a lot less link options at less quality. With Real-Debrid I was getting 4k/HD link options.

Highly recommend using a VPN if you decide to try it out and also recommend signing up for a month of Real-Debrid for $3. Depending on what you watch Real-Debrid may not be needed but it’s so cheap that I did and got better quality options.

Congrats for discovering Real Debrid, I've been using the service for 4 years now and have replaced all the Primes/Netflix etc with Kodi exclusively. Just wanted to mention a VPN is not necessary if you have a RD subscription, Debrid acts as its own VPN for movies/TV, if your stream is coming from one of their servers your ISP will never complain. Same for any sports/PPV stream on Kodi, a VPN is not needed.

BTW for sports the DaddyLive and Crew addons have been solid for over 12 months now....all 1080/720p streams with no buffering and no ads.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97

VN Store

Back