Recruiting Football Talk VII

Been doing some SEC prognosticating. UGA, Texas, Tenn, LSU, and Bama make the playoff. 3 9-3 teams barely miss it because someone has to, though might venture to say some sec will be ranked higher than teams that did make the playoff (big 12 winner, acc winner, at large). Tell me where I’m getting it wrong

View attachment 640978

Edit: thanks to @Vfl2407 for pointing out the clerical error
I have us at 8.9 wins. You're not wrong, I hope not, but we disagree just a bit.

Our schedule is just north of nuts. I also think one has to look at the cumulative odds of sweeping the likes of NC St, UF, Arky, Miss St, and UK. It's often the 1 unknown out of a grabbag that gets ya (see: Mizzou '23 and USCjr '22).

Just glad we don't have UF's schedule. They'll be a coinflip to even make a bowl game lol.

So you're predicting Caleb out duels Levis👀👀👀
At worst hold serve. It's his first game and he's a rookie. The next week against a proven CJ Stroud, who was pretty mouthy during draft coverage over how dirty the Bears did his Buckeye homie is more top of mind worrisome. First, I don't pair the words "duel" and "Will Levis" just yet. Second, I don't see what the Titans ADDED to a squad that wasn't even as good as the Justin Fields helmed Bears that would lead to bluster and bravado from Oilers fans...CALVIN RIDLEY? ;)

At worst hold serve. It's his first game and he's a rookie. The next week against a proven CJ Stroud, who was pretty mouthy during draft coverage over how dirty the Bears did his Buckeye homie is more top of mind worrisome. First, I don't pair the words "duel" and "Will Levis" just yet. Second, I don't see what the Titans ADDED to a squad that wasn't even as good as the Justin Fields helmed Bears that would lead to bluster and bravado from Oilers fans...CALVIN RIDLEY? ;)
I just hope DeShaun Watson doesn't try to take Micah to the massage parlor .

Reactions: butchna
What game do you think we wear the dark mode unis for this year? My son has that jersey so i think it'd be cool to take him to a game while they were wearing them. I'm thinking Kentucky since it's right after Halloween and i don't think they would do it against Florida or Bama
That's sounds right.

The policy is always to wear our classic uniforms against traditional rivals to assert and emphasize our classic brand. That rules out Bama for sure and Florida imo.

The double fun of wearing dark mode against KY is (1) it's fun because the unis are awesome, and (2) the implication is that KenSucky kensucks too much to qualify as a "traditional rival." 😂 Especially funny since it is their Super Bowl.

As a side note, beating LSU in Baton Rouge is one of my favorite games of the new era. The only regret I have ever had about it (and I've watched multiple times) is that we were not in our classic uniforms. The orange jerseys and white pants just immediately pop off the screen as Tennessee. I wish LSU hadn't been in white helmets for the same reason. I want even the most causal viewer of the highlights to immediately recognize that the Vols are whooping LSU. I do like our alts, too, though. Especially dark mode.

Last edited:
This guy seems to be the NBA’s lone chance to save it from the awful culture it has become
Is there some recent cultural shift in the NBA?

In the 80s it was rough and tumble...Pistons...then came Barkely...then Rodman with painted nails and elbows swinging, boy those folks set others off. 90s more of the same. Then came the 2000s "thugs" with guns in locker rooms and brawls and Iverson with long shorts! oh lord the culturrrre

And now...it's about as buttoned up and professional as it's been in my lifetime 😅 If anything is at its peak worse rn it's the entitled fans acting awful (such as Nikola's brothers).

Nor was the Jokic video real. Jokic fan here btw

Is there some recent cultural shift in the NBA?

In the 80s it was rough and tumble...Pistons...then came Barkely...then Rodman with painted nails and elbows swinging, boy those folks set others off. 90s more of the same. Then came the 2000s "thugs" with guns in locker rooms and brawls and Iverson with long shorts! oh lord the culturrrre

And now...it's about as buttoned up and professional as it's been in my lifetime 😅 If anything is at its peak worse rn it's the entitled fans acting awful (such as Nikola's brothers).

Nor was the Jokic video real. Jokic fan here btw
I would give anything for the rough and tumble days.

Reactions: Glitch
I was laughing at ole miss for not having a mascot. Colonel Reb not PC anymore. Guess this hasn't caught on yet
View attachment 640964
This is a short, funny summary of the many different mascots and proposed mascots Ole Miss has gone through since 2010.

I refer to them as the Black Bears in the presence of Ole Miss fans because it seems to irritate them. I could almost see how Land Sharks would work if they were located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. But the nearest city to Oxford is Memphis. Also isn't Land Shark a reference to a comic sketch? They're literally named after a joke.

They talked about it with Dobbs @ Minnesota. I guess someone in the booth monitors every play.
the ole dual band receiving helmet may work. Opposing teams with electronic countermeasures to interfer with opposing teams headset signals…Evesdropping the broadcast signal to steal the call..we call that Harbaughing. AI..Sally, mimicking coaches voices and play calls to the opposing team QB.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
McElroy is my choice as well to win the tournament.

Now since I said that he will miss the cut.🤪
Within 4 of the lead after round 1, and I'll make the same comment after round 1 that I made after round 1 last week. Schauffele will never hold up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back