Recruiting Football Talk VII

Some of you baffle me! I’ve only been an equine vet for 23 years, and you are still trying to tell me that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Dude, I’ve worked on racehorses and had many of them on the most potent anabolic steroids (back when it was legal). The horses were better, but it did not make them dominant. They weren’t destroying fields by 31 lengths. Like I have said over and over, if anabolic steroids were even available during Secretariat’s years and his connections used them, then every other horse in those fields of the Triple Crown were on them, which levels the playing field. He was dominant because he was and is the GOAT.
You must be really looking for an argument if you think I'm giving you one lol.

While the turf was the likely factor in the glioblastoma out, one has to ask “what if it wasn’t”? Multiple teams had artificial turf. Was the Phillies turf different from others? Did players on other teams suffer the same fate? Those answers I don’t know.

Three of the affected players were pitchers and two were catchers. Only Vukovich was neither. He was a utility infielder…but later a manager/coach. What IF the cause was a foreign substance used by some of the pitchers on the team? Just a thought.

As stated, the turf was the likely cause…but inquiring minds……

Regardless, what a strange set of circumstances.
Baseball was meant to be played on natural grass, I know the turf is faster and teams like St. Louis and Kansas City who played a lot of small ball years ago benefits from it.

Star Wars and horse racing...

View attachment 638823
horse racing...will be neigh-ry a discussion about it henceforth.

Horse racing is a okay topic but the Sci-Fi Stars Wars stuff lol..
Horse racing is a okay topic but the Sci-Fi Stars Wars stuff lol..
You see the Kurosawan influences of landscapes, architecture, and 1st person story telling, as well as camera ang...

wait, no one gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Happy Sunday

May 5, 2024: Deliberately come into peace as you release yourself from stress. Step on to the firm foundation of faith in My word, in My kingdom, and in relationship with Me, says the Lord. When your foundation is solid everything that you build will reflect that same fundamental power. Your position in Me will bring you to a position of life and strength. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Team wide "slumps" where it seems like nobody can buy a clutch hit, or many hits at all from anybody for that matter...happen to the greatest hitting teams of all time....conversely, so do team wide hitting barrages where EVERYBODY tees off on every pitcher thrown at them..

We have seen a LOT of the latter this season, so it stands to reason that we will see at least some of the former.
Let’s get those “can’t hit “ games out of their system now. Then wear teams out in the tournament and CWS.

VN Store

Back