Recruiting Football Talk VII

You cant go wrong with any of the original trilogy, I love em all. But I prefer return of the jedi over the other 2. I wish we could have had George Lucas’ idea for the sequel instead of Disney’s botched sequel
We did, and we saw it in the Prequels.

At the point Prequels were made, ILM was worth 1B. He'd made his money. By his own admission he made them spp for his Grandkids. Best part about the OG's were that different directors were used.

Lucas should have absolutely been involved and had last say. But creative control should be give over to someone who can be, somewhat, unbiased.

Look at what Dave Filioni & John Favreau did for ESWU. There are so many great ideas. Prequels were chock full of them. And also, chock full of crap. The dialogue, pure crap. Fight scenes, were best of any films. Last part of 3rd prequel, on Hell Planet. Pure crap. Child genius Anakin dating an 18 yo Natalie Portman, crap. Jar Jar, pure crap. CG everything, pure crap.

The new trilogy should have NEVER been made. Plain and simple. Pure crap.

Disney shouldve waited to see how Rogue One, Mando, and Ahsoka did. Having their hand on pulse of fans, they'd have known the Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy, and others have fantastic source material to be Canon. Worse yet, the Company is facing downturn in revenue. Its theme parks accounted for one of few green revenue makers during Pandemic. As a SW fan, i'm frankly pissed at how they deployed SW World. Same for Marvel & Universal. Crap.

Anyway, got off topic with my rant. Point is that Lucas shouldve NEVER sold. It became about the $. Now that its Disney. Dave Filioni and Jon Favreau should be given full creative control.

The Ahsoka storyline is finally grabbing at the storyline from Rebels that true fans, and THEIR KIDS have been reading and watching for 2 decades. Interest is at an all time high. What they deliver next will determine future.

And we dont need another Darth Vader series. Obi Wan needs to retire.

Fair enough, Question as a Braves fan does it irritate you when Glavine and the announcers are slobbering over another teams player? Bryce Harper for Example.
Trick question. I dont get to watch Braves baseball due to MLB blackouts, and Charter (business daddy) not giving me access to Bally, Turner Sports South, or MLB. In fact, I have to use my in laws logins on their Charter Account to get ESPN access😏

Tricker question. I refuse to pay for TV.

Brightridge doesnt offer it anyway.

Reactions: knoxvol52

At the point Prequels were made, ILM was worth 1B. He'd made his money. By his own admission he made them spp for his Grandkids. Best part about the OG's were that different directors were used.

Lucas should have absolutely been involved and had last say. But creative control should be give over to someone who can be, somewhat, unbiased.

Look at what Dave Filioni & John Favreau did for ESWU. There are so many great ideas. Prequels were chock full of them. And also, chock full of crap. The dialogue, pure crap. Fight scenes, were best of any films. Last part of 3rd prequel, on Hell Planet. Pure crap. Child genius Anakin dating an 18 yo Natalie Portman, crap. Jar Jar, pure crap. CG everything, pure crap.

Disney shouldve waited to see how Rogue One, Mando, and Ahsoka did. Having their hand on pulse of fans, they'd have known the Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy, and others have fantastic source material to be Canon. Worse yet, the Company is facing downturn in revenue. Its theme parks accounted for one of few green revenue makers during Pandemic. As a SW fan, i'm frankly pissed at how they deployed SW World. Same for Marvel & Universal. Crap.

Anyway, got off topic with my rant. Point is that Lucas shouldve NEVER sold. It became about the $. Now that its Disney. Dave Filioni and Jon Favreau should be given full creative control.

The Ahsoka storyline is finally grabbing at the storyline from Rebels that true fans, and THEIR KIDS have been reading and watching for 2 decades. Interest is at an all time high. What they deliver next will determine future.

George Lucas’ idea for the sequel was to have Darth Maul be the main villain and he have an apprentice and have his own criminal ring, while Leia forms the new republic and Luke trains the new group of Jedi. I think the Clone Wars tv series was setting that up too, for the most part, with returning Maul. And I think it would have been a lot better than the Rey trilogy

George Lucas’ idea for the sequel was to have Darth Maul be the main villain and he have an apprentice and have his own criminal ring, while Leia forms the new republic and Luke trains the new group of Jedi. I think the Clone Wars tv series was setting that up too, for the most part, with returning Maul. And I think it would have been a lot better than the Rey trilogy
Yup. Can confirm that as truth.

Clone Wars generated a very very loyal following. Think there was a good 15 years span of nothingness. An empty void.

It took live action Ahsoka to bring Thrawn in. And we're pumped.

a8bd3ea2-817d-4ab4-a1da-72fd41308c0a_text.gif

Before some nerd heads explode up in hur.

Yup. Can confirm that as truth.

Clone Wars generated a very very loyal following. Think there was a good 15 years span of nothingness. An empty void.

It took live action Ahsoka to bring Thrawn in. And we're pumped.
There are only 2 things disney got right with star wars: rogue one and the Ahsoka series. I really liked the Ahsoka series because it opened the door for a lot more star wars content that has potential. Whether or not Disney will take advantage of that, I doubt it, but the door is open at least

Reactions: Jackcrevol
There are only 2 things disney got right with star wars: rogue one and the Ahsoka series. I really liked the Ahsoka series because it opened the door for a lot more star wars content that has potential. Whether or not Disney will take advantage of that, I doubt it, but the door is open at least
Mando is a fantastic series.

Lucas said he drew inspiration from Akira Kurosawa's Spaghetti Westerns. This is an absolute nod to that. Any Star Wars fan that doesn't see this series as an absolute fantastic piece of original fiction, needs to turn in their nerd badge.

**** man, just the art work alone at end is enough 👍🏻

Now, on a separate note. The fact that we, the lay consumers stupidly paid $1000's of dollars to go see Star Wars world. And the fact my 7, and 9 year old not only didnt see a single Grogu doll, or Mando character or anything even remotely associated with it. Was re ****ing diculous.

They did get a photo with Rey, which was cool.

Lucas said he drew inspiration from Akira Kurosawa's Spaghetti Westerns. This is an absolute nod to that. Any Star Wars fan that doesn't see this series as an absolute fantastic piece of original fiction, needs to turn in their nerd badge.

Yeah, Mandolorian is the other thing Disney got right. S1 is especially good imo.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

This is crazy

While the turf was the likely factor in the glioblastoma out, one has to ask “what if it wasn’t”? Multiple teams had artificial turf. Was the Phillies turf different from others? Did players on other teams suffer the same fate? Those answers I don’t know.

Three of the affected players were pitchers and two were catchers. Only Vukovich was neither. He was a utility infielder…but later a manager/coach. What IF the cause was a foreign substance used by some of the pitchers on the team? Just a thought.

As stated, the turf was the likely cause…but inquiring minds……

Regardless, what a strange set of circumstances.

Edit: Veterans Stadium was home to the Phillies from 1971 - 2003 and home to the Eagles from 1971 - 2002. Did any Eagles players develop glioblastoma? Just curious.

Last edited:

Now, on a separate note. The fact that we, the lay consumers stupidly paid $1000's of dollars to go see Star Wars world. And the fact my 7, and 9 year old not only didnt see a single Grogu doll, or Mando character or anything even remotely associated with it. Was re ****ing diculous.

They did get a photo with Rey, which was cool.
I like Mando. I personally thought bringing back Grogu was a mistake. It just seemed forced. No pun intended.

And I noticed nobody mentioned Boba Fett. Brightly colored space Vespas? Umm, yeah, good call.

VN Store

Back