Recruiting Football Talk VII

The wildcat baseball team had all the chants of a middle school girls softball team.

Not ever seen that from a collegiate baseball team.

Has anyone seen the kentucky baseball and softball teams in the same location? Maybe they learned how to cheer from the softball team?

Not always..see the 77th ID...those "Old Bastards" kicked the 💩 out of the Japanese.

Also the "Old Contemptibles" the British Expeditionary Force which was the small but absolutely deadly professional British Army that they started WW1 with...those particular guys are the biggest reason why..in my opinion..the Germans Schlieffen plan ultimately failed.

It is true that war mostly fought by very young men for a lot of obvious reasons...but SOMETIMES..the old guys make the biggest difference.

Not arguing with you...your post just made me think about those "old" guys.
Yup, if VN was attacked in an act of war by another SEC team site, it would be the old guys and gals who turned back the attackers and won the day.

The youngsters would be too busy posting selfies and trying to get viral videos to even realize that there was a war. By the time they figured out that a war was started, @BaldBiker would already be eating his victory crayons! 😂

We need some super rich Vols to go A&M fans and make some stupid huge donations if we are going to do better than just compete for elite players in this no holds barred landscape going forward.
I still think that except for a few times, the coaches are getting the players that they want out of the portal.

I think that they back off when they find that a player is looking for the highest bidder rather than a place to join a team and be coached up.

I was/am being serious. I was talking about her style of basketball. She runs a high octane, "EXCITING" style of basketball. There was nothing demeaning or sexual intended. I look forward to seeing the lady Vols. First time in a while.
My okay wasn’t sarcastic.

Great weekend for Tennessee sports!

Been watching some of the softball games recently and it amazes me how the pitchers and especially Pickens throws that ball so hard.

Looks totally unnatural but man she can generate so much speed..
Softball pitching is actually the natural movement and baseball pitching is not

I agree with your overall point, but the education standards back then were more rigorous. Laura Ingles Wilder taught poor farmer kids who could do things only really really smart kids can do today.

Intelligence and smart need to be defined.

Intelligence is capacity/abiloty to learn and apply.
Smart is intelligence + education/experience.

People are not more or less intelligent I'd think. The average smartness probably has gone up simply due to more widely available education.

But there is some truth in what he's saying that the top kids back then could do what we would consider advanced calculus and had the periodic table memorized in high school. But that's because they viewed it as higher education and by then filtered out anyone without the foundational learning required.
The exact opposite is true. Just in the past thirty years I have witnessed the average American get dumber and dumber. They think they are smarter because of technology. Younger people do not think any more, they google. Doing any kind of the simplest mental math is wizardry to them. Eighty percent what is taught in public secondary schools is at best a waste of time, and much of the time propaganda.
It was a scandalous when when Florida State graduated Antonio Cromartie and he couldn't read. That is regular fare for today's high schools.

Alright...need opinions.

Have the Disney + bundle that includes ESPN+ and Hulu, Have Netflix and Paramount+

Those we watch and are keeping, but looking to add the best value for live sports (College Football & College Basketball being most important). What's the best option?

Alright...need opinions.

Have the Disney + bundle that includes ESPN+ and Hulu, Have Netflix and Paramount+

Those we watch and are keeping, but looking to add the best value for live sports (College Football & College Basketball being most important). What's the best option?
I got all the games with HULU, but it ain't cheap. In fact, I cut it off after football season! Take it back up in late August!

Great weekend for Tennessee sports!

Been watching some of the softball games recently and it amazes me how the pitchers and especially Pickens throws that ball so hard.

Looks totally unnatural but man she can generate so much speed..
It is actually a more unnatural and stressful on the arm to throw a ball overhand . That's why softball pitchers can often pitch multiple games in the same day and baseball pitchers are a orthopedic surgeon's dream.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Alright...need opinions.

FUBO

VN Store

Back