Recruiting Football Talk VII

Listening to the podcast, AP thinks we take 3-4 guys from the portal and sign one HS kid to develop. Also said he hasn't heard much as far as guys from the football team looking to enter the portal when it opens. He seems to think a couple of guys down on the depth chart may look to move on for a better playing opportunity, but most rooms seem pretty content. On whether the BB team is losing guys to the portal due to a lack of NIL money, "there is no way to know for sure who is spending what on NIL". But AP thinks the BB team has a healthy NIL budget. As for the LV's it sounds like they fell behind as far as organizing their NIL collaborative. Sounds like they will be making some changes there. FWIW
Heupel has done a great job managing the portal and NIL imo. Even or perhaps especially when we were disappointed that someone outspent us on someone.

I think Barnes likely was caught off guard by the extent of in-season tampering aimed at our returning lineup, but I expect him to recover, and also to fully incorporate the lessons going forward. No one can claim he hasn't worked portal magic. And I'm not sure he won't come out smelling like a rose this go round.

Last edited:
Truth is the money and the power in the state have never been in East Tennessee. The money and the power decide which side. Personally, me and my kins at the time view was that we were invaded in violation of the Constitution. The first state to vote to secede from the Union was Massachusetts (in the early 1800's) and they were not invaded. I believe that the New Hampshire house recently voted for secession.
The War of Northern Aggression was purely about economics. The industrial north could not allow competition with Europe over the South's agricultural products. Slavery was a wrong and vile just as abortion is today, but is wasn't the root cause of that war.
It is puzzling then that so many states which chose to secede literally said in their declarations of secession that it was about slavery.

VN Store

Back