Recruiting Football Talk VII

Truth is the money and the power in the state have never been in East Tennessee. The money and the power decide which side. Personally, me and my kins at the time view was that we were invaded in violation of the Constitution. The first state to vote to secede from the Union was Massachusetts (in the early 1800's) and they were not invaded. I believe that the New Hampshire house recently voted for secession.
The War of Northern Aggression was purely about economics. The industrial north could not allow competition with Europe over the South's agricultural products. Slavery was a wrong and vile just as abortion is today, but is wasn't the root cause of that war.
IMG_5894.jpeg

Truth is the money and the power in the state have never been in East Tennessee. The money and the power decide which side. Personally, me and my kins at the time view was that we were invaded in violation of the Constitution. The first state to vote to secede from the Union was Massachusetts (in the early 1800's) and they were not invaded. I believe that the New Hampshire house recently voted for secession.
The War of Northern Aggression was purely about economics. The industrial north could not allow competition with Europe over the South's agricultural products. Slavery was a wrong and vile just as abortion is today, but is wasn't the root cause of that war.
Amazes me how many people do not know this.

Listening to the podcast, AP thinks we take 3-4 guys from the portal and sign one HS kid to develop. Also said he hasn't heard much as far as guys from the football team looking to enter the portal when it opens. He seems to think a couple of guys down on the depth chart may look to move on for a better playing opportunity, but most rooms seem pretty content. On whether the BB team is losing guys to the portal due to a lack of NIL money, "there is no way to know for sure who is spending what on NIL". But AP thinks the BB team has a healthy NIL budget. As for the LV's it sounds like they fell behind as far as organizing their NIL collaborative. Sounds like they will be making some changes there. FWIW

😂 I encountered an alligator kayaking in a bayou inside New Orleans city limits. Wifey and I spotted 3 or 4, actually, but only one surprised me at close range! She took this photo: I was busy back-peddling for all I was worth! 😂
View attachment 633599

The guy who made that video you responded to, btw, has another post that goes to the heart of the matter.
View attachment 633601
Doesn't appear to be kayaking. I think you were mistaken.

Fans don’t have the power to push someone out unless the coach lets them get to him.

He wanted out.
Because he got tired of listening to the noise from the ignorant fan base.

Everyone says players know what's said about them by fans, well the coaches also know.

Don't blame him for one second for getting the hell out if Lexington, Kentucky.

Listening to the podcast, AP thinks we take 3-4 guys from the portal and sign one HS kid to develop. Also said he hasn't heard much as far as guys from the football team looking to enter the portal when it opens. He seems to think a couple of guys down on the depth chart may look to move on for a better playing opportunity, but most rooms seem pretty content. On whether the BB team is losing guys to the portal due to a lack of NIL money, "there is no way to know for sure who is spending what on NIL". But AP thinks the BB team has a healthy NIL budget. As for the LV's it sounds like they fell behind as far as organizing their NIL collaborative. Sounds like they will be making some changes there. FWIW
If we hope to add anyone from the portal for football, we'll have to lose some guys. At last count, including the summer enrollees, I believe we were at 84 scholarships. I was under the impression we wanted to get down to at least 83 because we still have the scholarship reduction punishment because of Pruitt. Guess we'll see what happens. For football players, the Spring portal opens on the 15th IIRC.

Yes, a individual can only eat so many **** sandwiches before saying that's enough. I'm outta here is what coach Cal said.
Yep. If they have options.

I did enjoy every minute of it. 🍿 Beginning with Calipari's feud with Stoops.😆 But most of all, all the Father's Day cards Cal sent to Barnes.

Last edited:
😂 I encountered an alligator while we were kayaking in a bayou inside New Orleans city limits. Wifey and I spotted 3 or 4, actually, but only one surprised me at close range! She took this photo: I was busy back-peddling for all I was worth! 😂
View attachment 633599

The guy who made that video you responded to, btw, has another post that goes to the heart of the matter.
View attachment 633601
Sauvage?

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back