Recruiting Football Talk VII

Waffle House.

And I have no idea how long it’s been this way, but they’ve talked a lot about the bracket rules on the radio, lately.
Don't threaten me with a good time!

I've had to work outside of WNML's broadcast area a few days this week. I missed it. I know the bracket regional games have over lapped for a while but I didn't realize they quit seeding according to "rankings".....

"snake the brackets". They must be why I didn't notice when they stopped. I never say it coming.
Sneaky 🐍 🐍

Last edited:
On Tennessee's quick exit. Again, lack of a bona fide PF or size underneath gets us beat. It was so evident all season. SC and KY had lots of success underneath.

Team has to regroup. Shake it off. SEC Tourney was not the goal.

Reactions: knoxvol52
On Tennessee's quick exit. Again, lack of a bona fide PF or size underneath gets us beat. It was so evident all season. SC and KY had lots of success underneath.

Agree we’re thin in the front court, buuuuutt UK did not have a single point from a post player. They beat us because four guards combined to go 15-24 from three.

Not only SC and KY have tall athletic power forwards - also Miss State and Auburn. Our bigs generally stay in the lane. Other teams bigs are shooting 3 pointers or driving to the basket. I think we need to adjust our recruiting a little.

8e1d2a2b15f2bcb4e1e8cd6e623c6ed9446ea653.gif
Richard Dawson wouldn’t have just been standing there watching them play slappy hands, he would’ve been smooching on her

Reactions: hooter vol
I want to win it all because I always want Tennessee to win it all in every sport. But barring us winning it all, I don't want to see any other SEC team win it all. I want them all to fall, preferably in the most humiliating way possible.
I don't see any of them doing it honestly. We seem to be the only one capable of even beating 3 of the others in a row and have a winning record against the group easily (4-1)

You have to play consistent defense over a 6 game stretch and they seem incapable of doing it more than 30 minutes.

I love coach Barnes. Wouldn't trade him for any other coach. Having said that, I have zero expectations for this team. I wouldn't be surprised at anything, first or second round loss would not shock me. I think a sweet sixteen loss is where I'm at right now. I think their best basketball is behind them. Something is up with this team. I can't quite put a finger on it. It is what it is.

And before anyone mentions playing consistent offense over 6 games, we are more than capable of that too.

Before yesterday, we had scored 66+ in the prior ELEVEN games.

And 8 of those 11 were 81 or more points.

We have the capability, just have to avoid the mines...

I love coach Barnes. Wouldn't trade him for any other coach. Having said that, I have zero expectations for this team. I wouldn't be surprised at anything, first or second round loss would not shock me. I think a sweet sixteen loss is where I'm at right now. I think their best basketball is behind them. Something is up with this team. I can't quite put a finger on it. It is what it is.
Unless JJJ or Santi show an offensive pulse, sweet 16 is the ceiling. Remarkable how poor their seasons have been.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Didn't get to watch the game, but I think Barnes found an effective strategy vs these types in the 2nd game vs TAMU:

Biggest difference from 1st game vs TAMU:

Aidoo: 20 mins -> 31 mins

Awaka 12 mins -> 17 mins

Then yesterday

Aidoo: 26 mins
Awaka: only 9 mins

Maybe because we were playing catch up. Vs teams like this we need to come out strong so we can play our preferred style.

VN Store

Back