Recruiting Football Talk VII

Last night's results have given me some pause. I have definitely been on the "recruiting rankings matter more than coaching train" and while I still believe recruiting is a massive factor maybe it is not as important as I thought.

Per the 247 talent composite: The #14 Michigan took down #1 Alabama and #26 Washington beat #6 Texas. Last year, #32 TCU won over #13 Michigan. Obviously, more data is needed, but it will be interesting to see if this trend continues.
In one single game with a month to prepare, this can happen. It is not common during a season. It’s why you also witness major upsets on the first game of a season.

Do you think we take a wr if the right person comes or do you think we are set at that position
Think they'll make the numbers work for the right guy-- but they trust their valuations and generally don't chase players with a wildly inflated ask. Everybody likes the guys coming in so it would be opportunistic, not essential.

I'd like to say it was a pleasure meeting @Outofmyvolcanmind and his boys. Good luck to them in their soccer aspirations.

Met Mama Keyton, she was an absolute treat.

What a game. Got a lot to improve on but curious to see how the WR room looks later this month. Need some OL kids.

Nico made some mistakes that are outrageously fixable. Looked great overall.

Pearce. HOW BOUT IT BOYS?!? Great game for him.

Absolutely can heal. Takes a while. It has the ability to heal.

Factors associated with not healing or prolonged healing:
Uncontrolled diabetes.
Alcoholism
Tobacco use in any form
Poor nutrition

Consider taking supplements to aid in healing: zinc, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C. Make sure she has adequate protein intake as inadequate protein intake is also a cause of slowed healing. Particularly in women and vegans.
You’re the best! Thanks!

Think they'll make the numbers work for the right guy-- but they trust their valuations and generally don't chase players with a wildly inflated ask. Everybody likes the guys coming in so it would be opportunistic, not essential.
I don't really see the need for another Portal WR..

Got the Tulane kid, Thornton and White most likely starting then you have RS Freshmen Leacock , incoming Freshmen Staley and Matthews plus Webb and Nimrod..

You only have one Football to pass around.

I believe Davis at TE will be a break out guy this fall in this offense...

I'd like to say it was a pleasure meeting @Outofmyvolcanmind and his boys. Good luck to them in their soccer aspirations.

What a game. Got a lot to improve on but curious to see how the WR room looks later this month. Need some OL kids.

that first line read like there was a big, giant "but, it turns out he sucks".........lol.

They were good games, but I would hardly call them Elite.

Definetly a drop in the level of play from past title games.
1 OT and the other a chance to win at the close. Neither played the most dominant ball we have ever seen, but that made for elite engaging games.

One unsung game changer is the MI d line. Bama had a tough time with that unit.

1 OT and the other a chance to win at the close. Neither played the most dominant ball we have ever seen, but that made for elite engaging games.

One unsung game changer is the MI d line. Bama had a tough time with that unit.
That's what I'm saying. They were good games, but personally at no time did I go damn that team deserves to be champion, or that's a good team. Championship teams usually have a certain look or feel to them and I dont get that from any of the teams I watched yesterday.

In fairness to Milroe, Bama's O-line was embarassing themselves all night. He had no confidence in his center's snap, chased it all night. The O-line was clueless on who to block in pass pro. All of that messed up his confidence. But it also appeared the game was way too big for him, he was really tentative at times.

100% agree on our style of play and the players. I love where all this is headed.
Bama couldn't block our front at all either until they flagrantly held every down with impunity. Same thing in the second half of their fraudulent "win" against TAMU. Saban also needed rigged calls ("holding") and no-calls (defensive holding) to turn our first-half (otherwise) TD drives into FGs. Rigging from the start but it got so desperate in the second-half that it was impossible to deny.

Bad snaps: "Why didn't the officials just blow the bad snap dead like they did against Tennessee?" -- Saban

Bama was "socially oligarchically promoted" to the playoffs by the corrupt Birmingham Office. Glad Birmingham's crooked scheming worked out so well.
😂😂😂

Saban has the highest blue-chip ratio ever measured at his disposal, but he still can't win without rigged officiating.

we need some stud lineman….. the staff has done a great job utilizing the ones they had but a stud line would really push us over the top.

My last comment before focusing on my day. Nico is a world class talent and the sky is the limit for him. He played much better than Joe would have IMO, but his play also showcased that Joe took way too much heat for inconsistencies this season. The supporting cast did not live up at times to Nico's play. Keyton giving up on what easily would have been a TD is one prime example. I think Joe was a victim of these lapses also as well and not all were his fault or doing.

Nico looks like a championship QB on his 1st start against a top 5 defense. Future is bright, if the rest of the team can rise to the occasion.

Man the luckiest outcome for all of CFB was Saban not landing the Washington OC he tried to recruit last year. I'd hate to imagine Bama with him.
Saban would have taken all the credit if he did well, and scapegoated him if he lost: same as he always does. The guy was smart to stay away from the egomaniac and long-time line cheater.

I don't really see the need for another Portal WR..

Got the Tulane kid, Thornton and White most likely starting then you have RS Freshmen Leacock , incoming Freshmen Staley and Matthews plus Webb and Nimrod..

You only have one Football to pass around.

I believe Davis at TE will be a break out guy this fall in this offense...
i don’t think they feel that Nimrod/Webb are explosive enough…. we definitely need some of the young guys to step up.

i don’t think they feel that Nimrod/Webb are explosive enough…. we definitely need some of the young guys to step up.
agreed

i dont see how ppl watched these receivers this yr after Bru got hurt and really think we dont need more upgrades there. Put the best around Nico in 2024 that you possibly can should always be the plan.

agreed

i dont see how ppl watched these receivers this yr after Bru got hurt and really think we dont need more upgrades there. Put the best around Nico in 2024 that you possibly can should always be the plan.
This off season is a big spot for Heupel.
How ruthless will he be? Will he stick to guys that have been loyal or upgrade in clear areas of need?

VN Store

Back