Recruiting Football Talk VII

You mean to tell me it would be easier to compete for championships if our players were on the same level as Bama and Jawja? I can't even....I mean....I just can't believe that.

Would like to know what Captain Obvious' solution is to that problem?

The only solution is exactly what the staff is already doing. The roster is getting better and better. I personally am happy with the current trajectory! Only a fool expects to be recruiting at that level right now.

Edit: I've got an even hotter take.......... Water is wet!

Two things can be true at the same time. A fan may see one as being more important than the other and that will color their opinion on the matter and likely make them stress that side more than the other.

1) We’re recruiting better than we have in a long time. True.

2) We’re not recruiting better than the elite programs we face each year. True.

So both can be true at the same time and discussing both is valid.

That’s the thing. Florida is notoriously cheap on buyouts. They scheduled a home and home to help buy out McElwain’s Colorado State contract and invented a scandal a few years later to get out his contract on the cheap. This ain’t FSU or A&M.
For sure. Was really just making the point that, while I agreed with the rest of the commentary of why he shouldn’t leave Ole Miss, a new contract won’t be the reason he stays. If a team wants to buy him out and Kiffin wants to go there though, he gone. JMO, but I just don’t think he’s a person that learns their lesson that the grass isn’t always greener the first time around.

Now, if UF thought Shark humper and Mullens buyout were too much to fire without finding a way to get around it, wait until we see what they do with Napiers $25.5M buyout + if they have to buy out another coach’s program to hire him. That’s almost more than Muschamp, McElwain, and Mullen combined. $$$$. Here comes another scandal.

Can we all just agree that "staff can't close" is a tired, worn out statement? I am not just talking about the nega vols, I am also talking about my fellow sunshine pumpers who post it every time we get a commit. So, we have the "realists" posting it when we miss and the "orange glasses wearers" posting it when we hit. How about we just quit posting it? TIA.

Can we all just agree that "staff can't close" is a tired, worn out statement? I am not just talking about the nega vols, I am also talking about my fellow sunshine pumpers who post it every time we get a commit. So, we have the "realists" posting it when we miss and the "orange glasses wearers" posting it when we hit. How about we just quit posting it? TIA.
Staff can’t close

Two things can be true at the same time. A fan may see one as being more important than the other and that will color their opinion on the matter and likely make them stress that side more than the other.

1) We’re recruiting better than we have in a long time. True.

2) We’re not recruiting better than the elite programs we face each year. True.

So both can be true at the same time and discussing both is valid.
Wasting your time trying to use intelligence and reason with an agenda driven poster. All of our additions could exceed their ranking, or all of our additions could fall short. Odds are it will fall somewhere in the middle collectively, but EACH player gets a shot at both ends. Beat the odds and we can close ground on those ahead of us with those higher rated classes. Reality TBD, and projections are worthless. HOPE by a fan is acceptable, the opposite not so much. Sports consumers are free of constraint.

Last edited:
Nah edececko put me on ignore when he was ADAMANT about our avg recruit ranking dropping more than it has and I disagreed with him
Ecko (formerly Hole In The Roof) to errybody he’s put on ignore demanding they put him on ignore knowing he creates 97% of player threads. 😏
ccb9fede180183af4d04a6f4809cce1a.gif

Has to rest on its own momentum. The jerk store called…

Reactions: drvenner
Prefacing this with a I am not calling for CJH’s head nor am I wishing Kiffin to come here, but that said, I think you’re correct with the exception of TN. I do think he’d leave to come back here if there were interest on our end. He’s made it clear that leaving us was a bad move on his end and I would be interested to see where he would have taken us. So I think he’d like to come back and have a shot at redemption.
Eff him.

VN Store

Back