Recruiting Football Talk VII

Okay but I'm too old to run a Marathon....I could power walk though..is that sufficient enough...
I'm just saying. its a TN DC entitlement.

If you're hired by us, its expected that you take our money - what is also expected is an equal to, most likely less than output.

I still cant believe we paid that stoopid sumbitch to sit on the coach for $900K

Reactions: knoxvol52
When you do get royally screwed by the refs consistently is it complaining or stating facts? Poor man Yao shoved Mashack in the chest, called foul on Mashack, then built a hut in the paint last night, no calls. There were many other things as well.
I watched the game last night. It was called fairly. Volnation posters like to complain that the other team often shoots more free throws than the Vols and argues that is due to ref bias. The real reason that the other team usually shoots more free throws than the Vols is that the Vols don't aggressively attack the basket. Therefore, they draw fewer shooting fouls.

Is the object of the game to force punts, or prevent points? By your logic, it's to force punts. You have claimed that points-allowed is irrelevant, apparently because you enjoy the sight of a nicely punted ball tumbling through the night sky.

Or... Because your heart just can't take this type of play--thus my comment.

Now, I agree with you to the extent that I would much prefer to see UT's defense force nothing but 3-and-outs. But it is absolutely ridiculous--and it undermines you as a poster--to hand-wave the most important defensive stat as unimportant compared to your desire to see a good punt.
Well since your argument is that the defense is on the field too long then I'd say forcing punts would help alleviate that, no?

Look, I get it. You think the guys done great. I know otherwise. I'll be prove correct as usual. And, if he's her next year, I will be insufferable. So if you are not prepared for it, my suggestion is you place me on ignore. Cause I will not refrain from in-game criticism like I have this year.

Tennessee faces another 7foot center today...Hunter Dickinson totally different player..he can play back to basket ...also like to shoot from 3 point range and pick -n- pop....

Better matchup for the 🦒...today..

We have beaten 8 teams, so the above is spoken like someone who's forgotten where we just came from.

Of the four teams we've lost to, three are top-10 (10, 8, 1), and the other is Florida. In those four losses, the Vols offense has averaged a whopping 13 points.

So, what you do is discount the quality of opponents we've actually lost to, discount the purpose of the defense (to prevent points scored), and hold the DC responsible for total team performance while ignoring the weapons he has at his disposal to do his job (as mere "excuses").

Save your receipts. Like I said, you may end up being correct and Banks may get fired. But know this, if you end up correct, it will be happenstance. It'll be in spite of the way you form conclusions; not as the result.
I posted the oponents we beat win/loss record. It's abysmal. Keep on keeping on though, you only make yourself look silly.

Blow out losses to Alabama, FL (for God's sake), Mizzou, GA. Beat a TAMU team that fired their coach and paid 80Mil. Beat AP, a bad Virginia Team, and Uconn. A terrible SC team and a bad KY team. Keep making that case though :)

My guess is that Nico goes in middle of the 3rd Quarter and starts the bowl game.
Nico will play if/once we're up 35+ in the 2nd half. Then Moore will play some. Then sit the bowl game.

Or not play Vandy and do the above in the bowl game.

Iirc he can play 1 more game without burning his RS.

Well since your argument is that the defense is on the field too long then I'd say forcing punts would help alleviate that, no?

Look, I get it. You think the guys done great. I know otherwise. I'll be prove correct as usual. And, if he's her next year, I will be insufferable. So if you are not prepared for it, my suggestion is you place me on ignore. Cause I will not refrain from in-game criticism like I have this year.
My argument hasn't centered on them being on the field too long. It's been that we were a crater three seasons ago, and there not having been enough time to build a roster of athletes that can consistently beat our SEC schedule (much less with the injuries we've had, and much less with little help from the offense).

Why would I ignore you? I like you and the majority of your posts. I'd miss out on a lot by doing that.

Besides, I'm not emotionally invested either way. If your posts make sense next season, I'll like them. If they are similar to your most recent posts, I may feel inclined to call them out as dumbassery. Neither possibility calls for the ignore button.

Reactions: FollowTheLeader
Purdue shot the last 19 FT’s in the game. As someone who has officiated before, it drives me crazy how they are officiating games. So inconsistent, and they missed 2 clear out of bounds violations. It’s officiating 101.

I think there are two issues at play: the game is getting too fast for some of them and there are fundamental tools/rules that aren’t being used.

Regardless of outcome last night, it was kind of an embarrassment to the sport.
The game is 100% too fast and close for humans to call at all. It's just become much faster and athletic the last 30-40 years and it's been exacerbated. Same as football.

Fans will come around eventually...or just keep complaining incessantly. Can't imagine being in the latter ("it adds character to the sport to miss calls!")

I watched the game last night. It was called fairly. Volnation posters like to complain that the other team often shoots more free throws than the Vols and argues that is due to ref bias. The real reason that the other team usually shoots more free throws than the Vols is that the Vols don't aggressively attack the basket. Therefore, they draw fewer shooting fouls.
UT was absolutely in the wrong side of the whistle. It was not called fairly. Rewatch the game and pay attention to nothing else except for Edey on his post-ups and every time a shot goes up. Hooks all game on his post-ups and shoves people out of the way to get better position on every rebound.

Volnation has many posters that complain that the Vols are getting royally screwed by all refs regardless of sport and regardless of whether we lost a game by 35 points or won by 50.
When you've gotten as many fouls as against you in a tourney...yet one game was stolen and the other was fairly won...tells you all you need to know.

Meanwhile the Cuse fan page was livid at our game and the fouls (shocking). It's all so shocking. Part of fandom/tribalism is victimhood and lack of objectivity.

I posted the oponents we beat win/loss record. It's abysmal. Keep on keeping on though, you only make yourself look silly.

Blow out losses to Alabama, FL (for God's sake), Mizzou, GA. Beat a TAMU team that fired their coach and paid 80Mil. Beat AP, a bad Virginia Team, and Uconn. A terrible SC team and a bad KY team. Keep making that case though :)
according to team rankings….. we have the 8th toughest schedule in the country….. You act like everyone else plays alabama and Georgia every single week.

The game is 100% too fast and close for humans to call at all. It's just become much faster and athletic the last 30-40 years and it's been exacerbated. Same as football.

Fans will come around eventually...or just keep complaining incessantly. Can't imagine being in the latter ("it adds character to the sport to miss calls!")
You could call a foul or penalty almost every play....I just go with it ...

Unless I've dropped a little cash on it , then I get upset..😏😏

UT was absolutely in the wrong side of the whistle. It was not called fairly. Rewatch the game and pay attention to nothing else except for Edey on his post-ups and every time a shot goes up. Hooks all game on his post-ups and shoves people out of the way to get better position on every rebound.
it’s bc he is huge…. those guys get away with more than the guys defending him bc the smaller guys have to put so much effort into physically trying to handle him.

Nico will play if/once we're up 35+ in the 2nd half. Then Moore will play some. Then sit the bowl game.

Or not play Vandy and do the above in the bowl game.

Iirc he can play 1 more game without burning his RS.
the bowl game doesn’t count in that equation….. just regular season games… he will be redshirted no matter how much he plays from here on out.

Then we host those Vandy turkeys for Thanksgiving weekend. Good Vols week!

I'll looking foward to kicking Vandy's azz and enjoying every minute of. I'm not going to worry about what happened this year or what might have been in the game thread.

I hope somehow Joe has a great day and gets a lot of love from the fans on Senior Day. And then takes that as his swan song and gets ready for the draft and hands the keys to Nico.
Getting his draft stock up prolly requires a good bowl showing.

it’s bc he is huge…. those guys get away with more than the guys defending him bc the smaller guys have to put so much effort into physically trying to handle him.
I have been coaching basketball for 20 years and this is the first time that I was made aware of that astrek in the rule book. Guys that are really big are not to have all the rules applied to them. Interesting. They can hook smaller defenders so they can't properly defend them. They can also shove smaller players out of the way when they go after rebounds. Sounds legit.

VN Store

Back