Rebs Look Good

We aren’t beating Ole Miss or Kentucky however I think we def beat Vandy and have a decent shot at South Carolina and Mizzou so 6-6 is possible but think it is the ceiling for this team.

Based on week 1, we aren't winning this game or keeping it within a possession; however, there are several weeks between now and then. Things can and do change.

Reactions: BUBear and shmashed
Tennessee will have to outscore Ole Miss to win - I don't mean the John Madden "the team with the most points wins" outscore, I mean the "Ole Miss is going to put up a lot of points" outscore. Tennessee better be ready to swing for the fences in that game. Kiffin is one of the best offensive-minded coaches in college football. One cannot help but wonder where he'd be by now if he could have better channeled his habits over the years.

There defense needs work. They gave up over 350 yards to Louisville. They gonna score some points snd they will beat most teams on offense alone. But there defense will give up some points and yards also.

220 yards was given up on three late garbage time TD drives once the game was well out of hand.

It's not UGA's defense for sure but throwing out a yardage number with no context is a little misleading.

There defense needs work. They gave up over 350 yards to Louisville. They gonna score some points snd they will beat most teams on offense alone. But there defense will give up some points and yards also.
Our defense needs work too. "Bend, but don't break" gets hammered by a team like Ole Miss.

Luckily they have the same defense, so......
we're talking Gene Simmons scoring numbers potentially.

Too early for these kind of proclamations. Yes they looked pretty good, but hard to judge how much their defense has actually improved given the opponent that they played tonight.

True. People rush to judgement far too soon. It's just the first game, and there’s plenty of time for teams to improve.

Reactions: feathersax
220 yards was given up on three late garbage time TD drives once the game was well out of hand.

It's not UGA's defense for sure but throwing out a yardage number with no context is a little misleading.
Still against Ole Miss starters. I believe Ole Miss played starters entire game. Also what makes UGA defense so great? All we know is that Clemson QB is not Trevor Lawrence. Before we crown UGA with best defense let’s see them play a team that has a veteran offense. Clemson lost a ton of talent last year. I also think it’s possible that Clemson changes QB’s before week 4. This Clemson team isn’t the Clemson of old and I think they will lose 4 games total this year. I’m not saying UGA isn’t good, I’m just simply saying it’s possible that Clemson wasn’t as good as everyone though they was gonna be.

Tennessee will have to outscore Ole Miss to win - I don't mean the John Madden "the team with the most points wins" outscore, I mean the "Ole Miss is going to put up a lot of points" outscore. Tennessee better be ready to swing for the fences in that game. Kiffin is one of the best offensive-minded coaches in college football. One cannot help but wonder where he'd be by now if he could have better channeled his habits over the years.
I think Lebby is contributing more than Kiffin. Ole Miss's offense looks more Heupel/Briles than it does Kiffin.

Based on the Louisville game, keep your eyes peeled for at least a couple of targeting fouls from 0l' Miss when they come to play the Vols.

Impressed. Very physical. Great QB play. Look as good as anyone I saw in the SEC outside of AL.

We shall see but I bet our DBs are in camera range of their receivers unlike UL. On run plays UL backs had lots of tough after contact yards and Evans will eat them up if they tackle like that. I will wait and see how we both progress before I make any declarative statements.

Reactions: LittleVol
Based on the Louisville game, keep your eyes peeled for at least a couple of targeting fouls from 0l' Miss when they come to play the Vols.
I think that had more to do with the Big10 officiating crew than anything else. I doubt an SEC crew makes that first call against OM where there was no helmet to helmet and no launch.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
@VolunteerHillbilly That could be...

But, watch what happens if you go after alabama's qb lol. That's why everyone is scared shitless to go after him. Disney wll eject the whole damn team. It will be a win by forfeit.

VN Store

Back