Reality:

But that's the same damn thing as you and Boro telling me not to get my hopes up and I'm just setting myself up for disappointment and all that crap. Blows my mind.
It's really a big circle jerk at this point.

Pruitt has a lot to learn and a long way to go to be a good head coach. And he may or may not ever get there. But after watching the Admin and AD carousel over the last decade plus I d be hard pressed not to take the green HC and time over them getting his replacement or the next one right or the one after that.

I didn’t know how to put my post in blue. I really want us to sign the player our coaches think are the best for Tennessee. I think Pruitt did a very good job of recruiting very good players last year. I have heard some say that there was not a dud in the class. Two more years of that quality of recruits and Tennessee will be competing for SEC championships. Er would then have talent and depth at all positions. Then the fair-weather fans will be screaming for tickets and VOL stuff. Stay the course.

To me the only disappointment so far is JJ Peterson and Bryce getting into trouble.

BTW, to change text colors click on the ink teardrop at the top of the text box.

I agree with this. I have no idea what's really happening, but I suspect that, rightly or wrongly, Pruitt has given up on most of the upper-classmen. He's going to live or die (mostly) with the players he recruited.
I hope he remembers that there are several who do come to play each Saturday, notably Jauan Jennings! Sure would like to see more passes to him. (maybe even not via the tips of a defender's fingers)

The reality of the current situation is- A. Coach is here unless a major scandal. B-. The quarterback, barring injury, will start. Under this scenario, if the young men keep playing hard and improving then a solid foundation will be set. Then the team can grow because of this basic foundation. If not, then coaching changes every 2 years. Only to never reach those heights again .
I see logic here

I was just being honest. I don't know what the answer is. My whole point is Firing Pruitt and letting our administration hire another coach, is just as big of a gamble is giving him 3 years.

Im just astonished this has to be said.
When one is a hole, quit digging it deeper. Some posters want to change coaches as soon as a problem arises. We tried and suck at that approach. Give him 3 years then evaluate. Or be non-competitive for the foreseeable future by having 5 coaches per decade. May be the best play under the circumstances.

Reactions: VolNExile
The reality of the current situation is- A. Coach is here unless a major scandal. B-. The quarterback, barring injury, will start. Under this scenario, if the young men keep playing hard and improving then a solid foundation will be set. Then the team can grow because of this basic foundation. If not, then coaching changes every 2 years. Only to never reach those heights again .

Reality

Team/Coach needs a QB.

That will help with everything else.

VN Store

Back