Realistically Possible Commitments

Expectations... each week an NFL player goes in front of 80k in the stands and several hundred thousand more on TV... if it isn't a national game.

Expectations... each week an NFL player goes in front of 80k in the stands and several hundred thousand more on TV... if it isn't a national game.
In that case ND stadium holds 80k and the play on national tv almost every week.

ben martin cancelled his in-home visit with Tressel. :rock:

i don't seeing this as a result of a Martin lock... i see it as rejection to OSU.... coaches still should do in-homes even after a kid commits, be it silent or not.

good news for us: OSU possibly out
bad news: apparently ND is becoming a player for him too

ND was always a player. He grew up watching ND, but was turned off by Weis during his official. Things are looking up and up for us with Martin. And btw, he was never a big OSU fan.

Everything I've read says that Tressel cancelled the visit. This may be a ploy to get the last visit(which we were going to get).

Good news on William Brimfield. He is a 3-star DT from South Carolina. He was commited to North Carolina. He has since de-commited. I was not sure how much of a player we would be. But, it seems in his latest interview that he hinted that UT and USC are his leaders at this point. North Carolina is still somewhat in the picture but Butch Davis got rid of the DL coach and Brimfield said that he was real close with the former DL coach. That hurts them. Plus, he was a sleeper who is blowing up and he is now wanting to play at a more "big time" school. Apparently he is a player that has blown up his senior season and is better than his 3-star rating. Auburn and Florida are interested. UT, USC, NC, NC State, and Clemson have offered. He is 6'6, 310 pounds and reports running a 4.9 forty time. He benches 325 and squats 550.

Brimfield would definitely be the yin to Langley and Melancon's yang. He definitely sounds like a Vol lean.

Florida QB Cadet still has UT "pretty far" out in front. He lists Virginia Tech and Florida as the two schools after UT (he does have offers from both). He is a dual-threat QB. It sounds like we are likely to get him. He says he talks to Cutcliffe all the time and he really likes him.

You know Rick this is interesting. I just read that article and if he comes to UT the QB picture is likely to get alittle cloudy below EA after next year.

VN Store

Back