Realistically Possible Commitments

What do you think our chances are with Rae Sykes? You think he will stupid like Warren and go to FSU or stay at home? Or what is the latest anyone has heard?

Latest I heard was that he was going to visit FSU, and that him and Warren had talked about playing college ball together. Regardless, he hasn't named a leader.

Why would you want to go to ND when the women are BIG BONED. And when I say BIG BONED, I mean Tony Saragusa big.

why would he want to play in a thousand year old rinky dink stadium in front of a handful of fans. if you really want to get prepared for the NFl, run out an perform in front of 100,000+ every Sat.

why would he want to play in a thousand year old rinky dink stadium in front of a handful of fans. if you really want to get prepared for the NFl, run out an perform in front of 100,000+ every Sat.

because, even though they are in an old, small stadium, they have their own television network deal and are seen by millions more across America every day?

Yeah, Neyland is great and all, but the Vols get much less publicity and exposure to the nation. The Vols will get on national television approximately 4 or 5 times over the course of the season... you can't compete with a team that gets national coverage EVERY SINGLE game. small stadium or not, they have that advantage =/

Florida QB Cadet still has UT "pretty far" out in front. He lists Virginia Tech and Florida as the two schools after UT (he does have offers from both). He is a dual-threat QB. It sounds like we are likely to get him. He says he talks to Cutcliffe all the time and he really likes him.

because, even though they are in an old, small stadium, they have their own television network deal and are seen by millions more across America every day?

Yeah, Neyland is great and all, but the Vols get much less publicity and exposure to the nation. The Vols will get on national television approximately 4 or 5 times over the course of the season... you can't compete with a team that gets national coverage EVERY SINGLE game. small stadium or not, they have that advantage =/

Notre Dame doesn't actually have all 12 games on TV.

yeah it does. I read on ESPN that this year's match vs. Air Force (USAFA) was the first Notre Dame football game that was NOT televised nationally (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, or ESPN) in 16 (i think) years.

I could be wrong, buyt the last two years, I think that I have had to pay for two games, and only had to listen to two on the radio.

I beleive we get a few more than 4 or 5 nationally televised games a year. They could be regional, but last year I was living in Loisiana and I seen 9 or 10 vol games.

I could be wrong, buyt the last two years, I think that I have had to pay for two games, and only had to listen to two on the radio.

I beleive we get a few more than 4 or 5 nationally televised games a year. They could be regional, but last year I was living in Loisiana and I seen 9 or 10 vol games.

thats regional coverage since LSU is SEC country. i'm talking about national exposure -- all the way up north to Maine... all the way to the left coast... all in the midwest... all the way down to florida. that is national coverage. i live in florida, and notre dame was on every weekend (except USAFA b/c i don't have CSTV), but i only got to see a handful of UT games b/c Florida took precedence over UT on tv down here. noone fights for airtime on NBC like the SEC fights for CBS

edit: when i say major national coverage... i listed the channels included. ESPN2/ESPNU and all other "2nd tier" networks dont count as they arent included in most basic tv packages

lol... true. but this year was the first time in over a decade and a half that they haven't had all games on national t.v. we can't compete with that kind of exposure. it's one of the reasons ESPN SEEMS to hates on UT... we almost no outsider interest outside the state of TN

Don't worry about VolinArizona. He likes to try and argue with almost every post. You are right ESPN did say that it was the first game that wasn't televised nationally. So ignore anything he writes. thats the advice that was given to me by many on this board.

To illustrate NJ's point, when is the last time a UT commit was filmed getting out of his limo to announce his decision? Had Clausen the third chosen UT, I doubt the camera's would have been in Knoxvegas.

There is no question about the exposure the Golden Domers are getting these days.

Don't worry about VolinArizona. He likes to try and argue with almost every post. You are right ESPN did say that it was the first game that wasn't televised nationally. So ignore anything he writes. thats the advice that was given to me by many on this board.

edit: lol, i read that wrong and thought you were talking about me. nevermind =)

Yup, I'm soooooo wrong when I post facts.

EDIT: When I posted my thing about ND, I was specifically talking about 2006, because I work at an NBC station and knew the USAFA game wasn't on.

Then my thing about "See I wasn't wrong" was obviously a joke.

yeah, sorry, you answered your "joke" before i got my thread in. but all other games were nationally televised.

OK, let just all agree the ND sucks, why would any kid want to play there even if they are on TV all the time, let's not lose sight of their ugly women, their coach who's a** has it's own senator, and their beat down rinky dink stadium.

How does playing in front of 100,000+ prepare someone for the NFL? When no stadium in the leagues seats that many.

VN Store

Back