Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
The CDC reported in August that a study it supported showed flu shots lessened the risk of severe influenza among adults, including hospitalizations and admissions to the ICU.

Did not say it prevented it 100%

I know that, but the flu vaccine doesn't just "help reduce symptom severity and duration" as you posted. If the flu vaccine is successful, then those inoculated, never get the flu, as their body produces antibodies that destroy the virus; not just a lower grade infection with reduced symptoms.

I know that, but the flu vaccine doesn't just "help reduce symptom severity and duration" as you posted. If the flu vaccine is successful, then those inoculated, never get the flu, as their body produces antibodies that destroy the virus; not just a lower grade infection with reduced symptoms.

Fair enough

I LOVE what the Arkansas AD is saying here:

Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek tells Board of Trustees, Razorbacks will start football practice mid-July & begin season Sept. 5, @SusanElKhoury reports

Reactions: 508mikey
Feint of heart, hand wringers, and knee clackers begone! There will be a 2020 college football season.

Reactions: bullet20
This is a good sign right @BeardedVol ? And its not even a conservative source I cited....???

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/new-mutation-indicates-that-coronavirus-might-be-weakening-study/

Do you actually even read the articles before you post them, or does finding something that you believe agrees with you, send you into a such a fervor, that you have to jump on here and post it immediately?

However, it’s too soon to say whether the novel coronavirus is beginning to lose its potency, according to the researchers.
“The takeaway is that one virus had a large deletion which demonstrates that it is possible for the virus to transmit without having complete portions of its genetic material,” study co-author Matthew Scotch said in an email. “This was one virus and we do not suggest that this means a ‘weakening’ of any kind.”

Keep trying though, hopefully at some point you'll actually be correct in your misinterpretations.

I hope there will be a football season but i doubt we will see 100,000 people in the stands 4 months from now. Hope i am wrong but it could be a season with limited or no fans in the stands or even cancelled.

Do you actually even read the articles before you post them, or does finding something that you believe agrees with you, send you into a such a fervor, that you have to jump on here and post it immediately?

However, it’s too soon to say whether the novel coronavirus is beginning to lose its potency, according to the researchers.
“The takeaway is that one virus had a large deletion which demonstrates that it is possible for the virus to transmit without having complete portions of its genetic material,” study co-author Matthew Scotch said in an email. “This was one virus and we do not suggest that this means a ‘weakening’ of any kind.”

Keep trying though, hopefully at some point you'll actually be correct in your misinterpretations.
Researcher 'on verge of making very significant' coronavirus findings shot to death

Explain this one

I quite enjoy you picking portions of the article to post here to push your liberal agenda. I read and re read the article before posting. But here's the thing the first part of your quoted portion proves my point.

This simply means there needs to be more studies to make a determination. That is good news no matter how you want to slice it..... i truly am beginning to feel sorry for you. Someone who never has a positive outlook on life, must be a hoot to be around. Of course I'd be miserable too if I was still living in my mother's basement angry typing on Volnation.

Reactions: JacketVol
I quite enjoy you picking portions of the article to post here to push your liberal agenda. I read and re read the article before posting. But here's the thing the first part of your quoted portion proves my point.

This simply means there needs to be more studies to make a determination. That is good news no matter how you want to slice it..... i truly am beginning to feel sorry for you. Someone who never has a positive outlook on life, must be a hoot to be around. Of course I'd be miserable too if I was still living in my mother's basement angry typing on Volnation.

Lol "liberal agenda? So posting factual evidence, and not intentionally misrepresenting information, is part of a "liberal agenda"? You'd be the first person I've ever encountered to call me "liberal" in that sense, but if adhering to the fundamentals of scientific methodology is "liberal", then ok.

I get it, that you really want this to end on its on, that you are so bent on hoping that the President is correct in his thinking that this will just 'burn itself out', that you are willing to grasp anything that you believe supports that idea. This article, the research cited in it, doesn't state that though, which is why in the end you resort to an 'ad hominem' attack because, once again, you've made yourself look foolish by reading a headline and then finding out that what you though was contained in the article, was not actually present. Might want to step away from the keyboard for a bit, the level of stress you seem to be putting yourself though over this isn't healthy.

Reactions: ohhbother

VN Store

Back