Realistic seating numbers for LNS.

1. More food options.

2. A bigger merch shop.

3. An outdoor Cameron Indoors...

I spent the whole weekend there, it was ROCKING fun, there’s nothing better, LNS is a great place to see a game, no bad seats...

4. If we gotta build suites to pay for LF, Outfield expansion, okay enjoy the buffet.

5. If I could buy RF2 season tickets in seats 13, 14, and 15 for next year TODAY, I would...that crowd knew how to get it on!!!

6. CTV is not asking for much, all things that should have been done a long time ago AND if UT Admin could manage a budget, they wouldn’t need to beg the donors.

7. Enjoy it!!!

Not move them, Lower them! And lower the stands down to field. The dugouts are field level, which is a stupid design. Then move that dam street and reconfigured the entire field, right is too shallow without a good fence or party deck. Can put the bullpens in outfields behind fence and below decks.
The average stadium in the SEC is 320-325 down the lines. I looked at every stadium during the Arkansas series, after their fans whined about Max’s walkoff only getting out due to the short porch, and it’s factually untrue. Baum-Walker is 320 down both lines, same as LNS, Dudy Noble is 305 to RF, Sewell-Thomas is 320 both lines, Kentucky Proud is 320 and the list goes on. We’re right in line with 50% or more of the stadiums in our league in terms of dimensions.

The average stadium in the SEC is 320-325 down the lines. I looked at every stadium during the Arkansas series, after their fans whined about Max’s walkoff only getting out due to the short porch, and it’s factually untrue.....

And it's complete BS.

Max's walkoff just landed right before the Sunday game started.

They need a design that’s easily expandable as the sport continues to expand nationally.

The coaches office can converted to full suite status, another tower behind LF wall as proposed with suites and deck mix.

The third base side can be completed but without such a large courtyard. Just seating and suites.

And as I’ve said before, tear down the center upper sections and redo completely. With forward facing concourse and concessions; a roof structure and suites
Then they are screwed. The current footprint is trapped by fraternity row and two roads. They really screwed up years ago by not either changing the location of home plate or finding a new piece of property. There is no where or way to have an entrance gate. Look at some of the bluebprints for other SEC stadiums and you’ll see whT I’m going making about.

Since it hasn’t developed like they hoped, I thought They should build a river front stadium on the Cherokee campus.

Reactions: beachvol23
Then they are screwed. The current footprint is trapped by fraternity row and two roads. They really screwed up years ago by not either changing the location of home plate or finding a new piece of property. There is no where or way to have an entrance gate. Look at some of the bluebprints for other SEC stadiums and you’ll see whT I’m going making about.

Since it hasn’t developed like they hoped, I thought They should build a river front stadium on the Cherokee campus.

All for getting rid of fraternity row, let’s use title IX and move that over where the girls are, nothing to do with baseball but they could build yet another parking garage.

Reactions: StarRaider and txbo
The average stadium in the SEC is 320-325 down the lines. I looked at every stadium during the Arkansas series, after their fans whined about Max’s walkoff only getting out due to the short porch, and it’s factually untrue. Baum-Walker is 320 down both lines, same as LNS, Dudy Noble is 305 to RF, Sewell-Thomas is 320 both lines, Kentucky Proud is 320 and the list goes on. We’re right in line with 50% or more of the stadiums in our league in terms of dimensions.
Wow very interesting thanks for sharing your research!

A friend of mine said exact same thing but then it’s “across the river” which creates a psychological barrier with attendance. However it’s the only place with enough space to build, unless they take out one of the roads. LNS is shoehorned in and that’s part of the design deficiencies!

I saw a few posts about Randy Boyd and how much he was into the regional games. Fans witnessed him going nuts. He seems to be really invested in Vitello and what is going on with this program. The way I see it and hear how things are shaping up, they’re gonna do what it takes to keep Vitello. IMO, we’ll see some great things happen in all facets of our baseball program (stadium, Vitello contract, recruiting, etc).

I saw a few posts about Randy Boyd and how much he was into the regional games. Fans witnessed him going nuts. He seems to be really invested in Vitello and what is going on with this program. The way I see it and hear how things are shaping up, they’re gonna do what it takes to keep Vitello. IMO, we’ll see some great things happen in all facets of our baseball program (stadium, Vitello contract, recruiting, etc).

It. Is. A. Business. Decision. He. Is. A Business Man.

I so hope you are correct!!!

Big Jim was in the house Saturday and Sunday and he brought Bill along for Sunday. Wonder if they were being stroked this weekend for some $$.

Big Jim was in the house Saturday and Sunday and he brought Bill along for Sunday. Wonder if they were being stroked this weekend for some $$.
They were probably there because they really do like to invest in the community….
I vote 55-6000 max regular capacity with some flex space. There’s really no need for more than that. At the current site, they’d have to get really creative. There’s just simply not much room to work with there. The quality of the design is more important than total seats.

Reactions: Zues1
A friend of mine said exact same thing but then it’s “across the river” which creates a psychological barrier with attendance. However it’s the only place with enough space to build, unless they take out one of the roads. LNS is shoehorned in and that’s part of the design deficiencies!
They’ve closed roads on campus and I don’t see why they couldn’t close the road that runs between the practice facility and LNS. Any plans need to address the dated facade and press box.

Something on Cherokee wouldn’t deter me in the least, but it isn’t going to happen. The crab apples in Sequoia Hills would squash it.

Wherever you put the Visitors BP, it needs to smell like you know what, be invisible, uninviting and intolerable. 😜
Grounds keeper needs to put about 50 moth balls in there just to keep their minds distracted.

If you are a Southern League fan....Smokies- 8000+, Lookouts- 6000+, Barons- 8000+. Lookouts' dated, Barons' really nice, haven't been in Smokies'. For a more varied food and drink selection why not build a covered plaza with hookups for multiple food trucks? Could have a couple for mid week, 5 or 6 for SEC weekend, and none when we aren't playing.

If you are a Southern League fan....Smokies- 8000+, Lookouts- 6000+, Barons- 8000+. Lookouts' dated, Barons' really nice, haven't been in Smokies'. For a more varied food and drink selection why not build a covered plaza with hookups for multiple food trucks? Could have a couple for mid week, 5 or 6 for SEC weekend, and none when we aren't playing.

Love food trucks, but one of the greatest sources of revenue in athletics is concessions. They’ll never eat into those sales, especially given how unprofitable baseball is.

Reactions: Zues1 and Y9 Vol
8000 seems like a nice round number, especially given the confines of LNS. Several teams in the West have 10k-plus. Arkansas and MSU were really rocking this week. If I was an Architecture student, I would draw up some designs and submit them.

VN Store

Back