Realistic seating numbers for LNS.

AllVolinGA

VOL by birth
With the idea being out there of enhancing LNS, what do you think is a realistic number of seats we should have? I know right now it holds 4200, do we try and bump that up to 8000? I know the fans have shown they will support this team right now, but is the support there to make such a large investment in LNS coupled with the aesthetics that have to be addressed. What say ye?

With the idea being out there of enhancing LNS, what do you think is a realistic number of seats we should have? I know right now it holds 4200, do we try and bump that up to 8000? I know the fans have shown they will support this team right now, but is the support there to make such a large investment in LNS coupled with the aesthetics that have to be addressed. What say ye?
If the left field side can get the same seating configuration that is currently on the right field side, then I think a little over 6,000, would be possible and feasible...

8000 is way too many seats for 95% of the games played. 5000 is a nice cozy number IMO
Capacity isn’t as much importance as having a quality design! They need to get rid of the field level dugouts and bring the stands down to field level like baseball stadiums are supposed to be, then add amenities, third baseline stands instead of it looking like it was demolished, and change the dimensions of the field!

That s what I wanted to hear. A realistic number we could hit most weekend series. I'm sure I there will others that clamour for more, but it should be easily doable to get to 5k and take care of the outward appearance of the place.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
We don't want a Thompson Boiling Arena situation, black curtains.
They'll be a time again when the program will be down a bit. 10k+ with 1000 in attendance would look horrible.
Keep it in the 7- 8k range and spend the money on making it the best team/fan experience in the conference.

They need a design that’s easily expandable as the sport continues to expand nationally.

The coaches office can converted to full suite status, another tower behind LF wall as proposed with suites and deck mix.

The third base side can be completed but without such a large courtyard. Just seating and suites.

And as I’ve said before, tear down the center upper sections and redo completely. With forward facing concourse and concessions; a roof structure and suites

Capacity isn’t as much importance as having a quality design! They need to get rid of the field level dugouts and bring the stands down to field level like baseball stadiums are supposed to be, then add amenities, third baseline stands instead of it looking like it was demolished, and change the dimensions of the field!
Where do you propose moving the dugouts? I’m genuinely curious.

A packed a 5-6k seat stadium looks and feels better than a 8k stadium 75% full.
Is it about looks, or maximizing revenue and growing the fan base ? I say expand as much as possible. I get what your saying though, the atmosphere is always better when it’s packed. I want us to get more students at the games they do a good job creating a positive atmosphere. At this point though it really should be about what Vitello wants, if we keep him he could be our coach K and make us a power house

Attendance numbers for the first two days.
3,951 and 4,006

And that is curious to me. The stated capacity is 4,200+. And 400 seats were added via bleachers on the third base line. So how come we didn't get 4600+ in there the last two nights? And what about the SRO on the ist base line plaza?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I don't have a feel for how many is too many, i.e. - would destroy aesthetics. But they could extend the line of seats all the way down both base lines and put seats in the left field home run porch and get the seating to get at least 6 thousand (and maybe 8) without an upper deck. If they didn't go that many, I would design it so they can add bleachers quickly and easily to expand capacity to the max whenever we have a series in high demand. I would guess the max the current footprint would allow without an upper deck structure is 8 thousand or so. And someone suggested lowering the dugouts, but I don't think that would work structurally and allow any more seats anyway.

And that is curious to me. The stated capacity is 4,200+. And 400 seats were added via bleachers on the third base line. So how come we didn't get 4600+ in there the last two nights? And what about the SRO on the ist base line plaza?
Stated capacity is wrong

Where do you propose moving the dugouts? I’m genuinely curious.
Not move them, Lower them! And lower the stands down to field. The dugouts are field level, which is a stupid design. Then move that dam street and reconfigured the entire field, right is too shallow without a good fence or party deck. Can put the bullpens in outfields behind fence and below decks.

Not move them, Lower them! And lower the stands down to field. The dugouts are field level, which is a stupid design. Then move that dam street and reconfigured the entire field, right is too shallow without a good fence or party deck. Can put the bullpens in outfields behind fence and below decks.
Makes sense. Good suggestions.

No. Do not move home bullpen. As a pitchers dad, it is horrible on pitchers when they are in the middle of the outfield like USC. Put visitors bullpen behind stands for all I care. Our guys like easy access at any point in the game.

No. Do not move home bullpen. As a pitchers dad, it is horrible on pitchers when they are in the middle of the outfield like USC. Put visitors bullpen behind stands for all I care. Our guys like easy access at any point in the game.

Wherever you put the Visitors BP, it needs to smell like you know what, be invisible, uninviting and intolerable. 😜

Reactions: CAVPUT
Is it about looks, or maximizing revenue and growing the fan base ? I say expand as much as possible. I get what your saying though, the atmosphere is always better when it’s packed. I want us to get more students at the games they do a good job creating a positive atmosphere. At this point though it really should be about what Vitello wants, if we keep him he could be our coach K and make us a power house

I think you can find a nice medium between “wow look how many people fit in here” expansion and something that is still “wow this is a beautiful ballpark” aesthetically unique.

You’re right though. Get Vitello happy and the pieces will fall into place.

I would like to see a taller right field fence. If not even with the fences in left and center, maybe a 15ft fence.

...and I know you guys are talking about seating, I just don't love that chest high fence in right.

VN Store

Back