Rather be a #1 seed in the west? or a #2 anywhere else?

Where would you rather be placed? Which seed?

• Total voters
#1 seed. Don't matter where. If the Vols win tomorrow (hell even if they don't), we should be a 1 seed

How it will end up..

West - Gonzaga 1, UK 2
South - Duke 1, Mich 2
East - UVA 1, Mich St 2
Midwest - UT, UNC Coinflip (With UT win). I will bet Kansas will be the 3 if we are the 2 or the 4 if we are the 1

Gonzaga or UVA don't really deserve a 1
I agree but I suspect the top 8 seeds are ranked like this now..

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Gonzaga
4. UNC
5. UT
6. UK
7. MSU
8. MICH

I think UK gets sent out West for ticket reasons but if we lose tomorrow, I think we will end up out there and UK in Midwest

Erroneous poll...Vols will be a 1 seed in the South or Midwest after we beat Auburn's arse tomorrow 🤘🤘🤘
That is the best answer. For the poll I chose 2 seed but in DC rather than Louisville. The only reason is UVA will likely be the East 1 while Duke is the South 1. I’d rather be in UVA’s bracket and then we can beat Duke at the Final 4.

Jerry Palm doesn't seem to feel strongly about us getting a 1 if we win either.

Bracketology Breakdown: Implications of Tennessee beating Kentucky

Seems pretty ridiculous to me that Gonzaga at 30-3 would be a #1 over a 30-4 Tennessee with a victory against them H2H.
I’m guessing they are thinking we would rather be a 2 close to home than a 1 out West and that it would make sense for Gonzaga also but who knows. There’s a big difference between a 1 and 2 in that as a 2 you will likely play the 3 seed who could be another top 10 team versus a 4 or 5, who are pretty prone to upsets anyway, which could be a team towards the bottom of the top 20. After listening to that video I find it ridiculous that these people are discounting Duke’s losses without Zion but not also putting less weight in the UNC wins over Duke for the same reason. Beating KY twice is better than beating Duke without Zion twice. Gonzaga is a wash. I forgot that UNC beat them as well.

Why not? Duke will be 1 seed in the East... but that's the only guaranteed spot at this point. I see no reason why SEC champion Vols shouldn't be top seed in the south
The reason will be because either Duke or Virginia will get the South. Both will be ahead of Tennessee no matter what Tennessee does against Auburn

I think this team deserves a 1 seed, but if it comes down to a 2 seed in the south with Virginia I’d take it. Think we’d match up well versus them

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Jay Bilas during the duke broadcast just said that Tennessee winning tomorrow doesn't move them up to a 1. What a load of crap!
Can’t we see Tn being a 2 to Gonzaga in the west? It would be a crime but can we see it with the lack of respect?

I would rather be a #2 seed in Gonzaga or Virginia’s bracket...wherever that might be...than a #1 seed in most other brackets.

I’d rather be where Duke is not.
My goal is for us to make our first ever Final Four.
I just don’t think we have an answer for a healthy Zion.

I’d rather be a 1 seed for the first time in school history. Chances of winning the tournament are nearly the same between 1 and 2 seed. Let’s af least make history with a 1 seed.

Gonna keep saying it. We have no shot at a #1 seed unless we beat Auburn and even that might not be enough. Lose to Auburn and none of this talk matters.

That is the best answer. For the poll I chose 2 seed but in DC rather than Louisville. The only reason is UVA will likely be the East 1 while Duke is the South 1. I’d rather be in UVA’s bracket and then we can beat Duke at the Final 4.
We won’t be in UVA’s bracket if we are the #1 2 seed, wouldn’t be balanced to our best 1 and best 2 together.

VN Store

Back