Rather be a #1 seed in the west? or a #2 anywhere else?

Where would you rather be placed? Which seed?

• Total voters

ltw

If you were personally given the option (knowing nothing of opponents) of playing in these 4 venues at these 4 seed options, what would you choose?

It's a weird quirk that 5 of the top 6 teams this year (UK, TN, Duke, UNC, VA) are all clustered together so closely. A circle with a 150mile radius could encircle all 5 of those schools. Which is unfortunate since the locations of the venues include a spot 2000 miles from them.

I'm curious how much the committee considers limiting travel distances in assigning locations and seeds, or home much schools would actually prefer a higher seed if it means closer games For reference, I think Gonzaga "deserves" a #2 seed (5th/6th overall) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them given the last #1 seed out west if none of the top 4-5 teams wants to play 2000+ miles from home.

Last edited:
If you were personally given the option (knowing nothing of opponents) of playing in these 4 venues at these 4 seed options, what would you choose?

I'm curious how much the committee considers limiting travel distances in assigning locations and seeds. For reference, I think Gonzaga "deserves" a #2 seed (5th/6th overall) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them given the last #1 seed out west if none of the top 4-5 teams wants to play 2000+ miles from home.
Gonzaga will just get the #1 2 seed (#5 overall) if they miss a 1 seed, and stay out west. They aren't leaving the west coast.

I'm curious how much the committee considers limiting travel distances in assigning locations and seeds. For reference, I think Gonzaga "deserves" a #2 seed (5th/6th overall) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them given the last #1 seed out west if none of the top 4-5 teams wants to play 2000+ miles from home.

It’s not gonna matter much for Zags, even if they’re a 2 seed they likely will get placed out West.

Erroneous poll...Vols will be a 1 seed in the South or Midwest after we beat Auburn's arse tomorrow 🤘🤘🤘
Definitely don’t see it being the south, either the Midwest or West is most likely...and given how they try to balance even if we are a 2 seed we likely are Midwest or west.

The poll isn't predictive. It's not saying what will happen. It's asking a question based upon hypotheticals so it can't be erroneous, the hypothetical situation certainly may never develop.

Definitely don’t see it being the south, either the Midwest or West is most likely...and given how they try to balance even if we are a 2 seed we likely are Midwest or west.
Why not? Duke will be 1 seed in the East... but that's the only guaranteed spot at this point. I see no reason why SEC champion Vols shouldn't be top seed in the south

With that said...I take the 1, I’ve read lots about regional location being an advantage as overrated, first off you have to make it there, and then 2nd how well will your fans travel compared to the others?

I rather take the higher probability of winning at each round as a 1 verse being a 2.

The poll isn't predictive. It's not saying what will happen. It's asking a question based upon hypotheticals so it can't be erroneous, the hypothetical situation certainly may never develop.
Son of a....why bring reason to this board!!?

Reactions: VolNExile
I want to win The SEC Tournament. This team wants to win The SEC Tournament. Where we end up, as a result of winning..........that is where I want to be.

Reactions: FlVols
Jay Bilas during the duke broadcast just said that Tennessee winning tomorrow doesn't move them up to a 1. What a load of crap!
This isn’t meant towards you, but who cares what he says? He doesn’t have a say so, people freaking out about lunardi, he isn’t accurate at all...chill out.

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
One seeds make the championship game 24% of the time..... you start the tourney as a 1 with a 24% chance you start as a 2 with right at 8%....,. Huge difference.

Reactions: white65 and Jonboy

VN Store

Back