• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Rashida Tlaib’s THOBE, and Ilhan Omar’s HIJAB, are making congressional history

Does it turn on that? I think she would say the touchstone is whether the interests are aligned or at least not antithetical

It’s just another strike against her. If she only opposes foreign aid to Israel, accuses them of hypnotizing the world, and questions their allegiance to our country, that’s a lot of strikes.

You’re not seeing a pattern?

I think that would be a fair question to ask people like you and the others that are attacking her.

Do you support ending all foreign aid or would you make an exception for Israel?

I suppprt ending it all. The problem is, she doesn’t. She just wants to end foreign aid to those hypnotizing Jews who can’t be trusted and who keep trying to make her pledge allegiance to their nation

Reactions: davethevol
That isn't the point. The point is why are you questioning allegiance. Are you questioning allegiance purely because someone is Jewish, and based on absolutely nothing else?

If you're questioning allegiance purely because of the fact someone is Jewish and absolutely nothing else, that's pretty suspect.
Which is why I went to the dual-citizenship point. Having dual-citenship opens the door to being asked these questions.

If you and Bama can't see that, you all are either dense (which I don't believe) or practicing selective outrage (most likely).

Reactions: Pacer92
I suppprt ending it all. The problem is, she doesn’t. She just wants to end foreign aid to those hypnotizing Jews who can’t be trusted and who keep trying to make her pledge allegiance to their nation
How do you know that? When has that topic even come up for her to even take a position on?

Or are you just assuming?

What? Weird? I was mainly responding to your "but my god he will be so much better off" comment.

What is weird about that?[/QUOTEi didnt
What? Weird? I was mainly responding to your "but my god he will be so much better off" comment.

What is weird about that?
I didn’t say that was all of his problems.

Don’t be weird.

Which is why I went to the dual-citizenship point. Having dual-citenship opens the door to being asked these questions.

If you and Bama can't see that, you all are either dense (which I don't believe) or practicing selective outrage (most likely).
You keep coming back to this, but dual citizenship is a separate topic and something Omar didn't mention. It's irrelevant to this discussion.

She'd be on sturdier ground if she was specifically talking about the loyalties of dual citizens of the United States and Israel, although she's still take heat for bringing it up.

I'm not sure anybody here is outraged at all, especially on the level of an SJW. All I'm saying is that Omar should change her approach for her own good.
Her approach is not the problem.

I'm beginning to think the subject matter is the real problem most people have. If that is the case, then no way she presents the subject will be acceptable for them. They don't want the matter discussed at all. Period.

Reactions: Pacer92
That isn't the point. The point is why are you questioning allegiance. Are you questioning allegiance purely because someone is Jewish, and based on absolutely nothing else?

If you're questioning allegiance purely because of the fact someone is Jewish and absolutely nothing else, that's pretty suspect.

It’s not because they are simply Jewish. It’s the fact that most all of the the duel citizens in US government are Israeli Jews...and there is a ton of them...

Here’s a list from 2014...
http://american3rdposition.com/us-politics-hold-ual-usisraeli-citizenship/

You went there. She did not.

It is all well and good to ask that I take her words at face value. But you can't ask me to take what you think she meant at face value.

You went there. She did not.

It is all well and good to ask that I take her words at face value. But you can't ask me to take what you think she meant at face value.
And again, most people, esp. knowing the situation with Israeli-American citizenship, would have used the terms interchangeably.

Her approach is not the problem.

I'm beginning to think the subject matter is the real problem most people have. If that is the case, then no way she presents the subject will be acceptable for them. They don't want the matter discussed at all. Period.
I can't speak for most people, but I can speak for me.

If she wants to critique Israel by talking about specific actions they've taken, how they respond/retaliate, etc., and got charged with anti-Semitism (which she would), I'd be the first person to defend her. I agree that there are elements out there that if you say one critique of something Israel has done, you get called an anti-Semite.

There is a difference between that approach I describe above and the one Omar appears to be taking.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
And again, most people, esp. knowing the situation with Israeli-American citizenship, would have used the terms interchangeably.
So you're just reading into this in such a way to make it a tautology, so that it fits your narrative. You're claiming to know what she actually meant. Got it.

It’s just another strike against her. If she only opposes foreign aid to Israel, accuses them of hypnotizing the world, and questions their allegiance to our country, that’s a lot of strikes.

You’re not seeing a pattern?

I can’t believe that people can’t see the real pattern. The pattern is you can’t question anything Israel...or you come under pressure..

You're choosing to believe something that is not demonstrably true. You are choosing to believe that two terms are synonymous when they absolutely are not.

Evil actually posted some comments from Ben Shapiro where he advocates that all "real Jews" should have allegiance to Israel. Shapiro is not a dual-citizen. He was born here, he has always lived here, he has no connection to Israel aside from being Jewish. He is not a dual-citizen, but proudly carries dual-allegiance.

There is a difference between that approach I describe above and the one Omar appears to be taking.
I haven't seen anything yet that suggests she hasn'y done anything but what you spelled out as acceptable.

I just think that most of you don't want the conversation to be had at all, so you find the least bit from a tweet or quote and extrapolate (or create) anti-Semitic triggers.

Truth is, you all have no problem having a discussion about Russian or Chinese govt influence in the US with the conversation not devolving into charges of racism. But when it comes to Israel, these same conversations can never be allowed to occur.

VN Store

Back