Rank Your Top 5 Breakfast Cereals

Oh, and my whole childhood my Mom bought corn flakes for us because she thought "sugar" cereal was bad for us. Come to find out that corn flakes are extremely high on the glycemic index...higher than most sugar cereals. WTF

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
Also, invest in baseball helmet cereal bowls. I sti have 4 from ordering off the cereal box and I'll use them forever. Being able to hold the bowl by the bill of the helmet is convenient.

s-l400.jpg
We used to have a few of those, loved them,especially for ice cream.

Reactions: DT420 and MAD
1 (homemade) muesli w/ apples, cinnamon, etc
2 Grape Nuts
3 Life
4 Frosted Mini Wheats
5 Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Reactions: MAD
Homemade muesli sounds really good.

It's nice because you can tweak the dried fruits/ingredients added to a base mix and not get burned out eating the same thing every day. I recommend throwing about a cup or so with a cup of milk in a sealed jar, and letting it sit overnight in the fridge. Good stuff, especially in the hotter parts of the year.

Reactions: MAD
It's nice because you can tweak the dried fruits/ingredients added to a base mix and not get burned out eating the same thing every day. I recommend throwing about a cup or so with a cup of milk in a sealed jar, and letting it sit overnight in the fridge. Good stuff, especially in the hotter parts of the year.
Started looking up some recipes, looks like something even I could do.

Reactions: tbh
Started looking up some recipes, looks like something even I could do.

Yup, if it was crazy difficult I wouldn't bother. The overnight fridge thing is kinda like a cold version of the set-and-forget crockpot type stuff...definitely my speed. Then again, sometimes I emphasize the 'forget' part and forget the 'set' part, but then I throw some milk on it for breakfast and eat it like regular cereal.

VN Store

Back