Rank Your Realistic Possible New Coaches

Well as long as we are making a coaching wish list:

1. John Calipari
2. Mike Krzyzewski
3. Rick Barnes

I really have my doubts that Holly gets fired anytime soon, and lets face it, it is highly doubtful she will quit. She will win enough games to receive an invite to the big dance, go out in the first or second round and promise, once again, that things will be better next year with the new recruits. We will all get excited and all lathered up and have dreams of a final four. We will start off great, beating a bunch of cupcakes and beating Texas for the third time in a row. We will be ranked in the top ten. Excitement will abound at TBA and then, the bottom will fall out. SEC teams, with lesser talent, will beat us into a coma. In Holly's pressers she will look like a deer looking into headlights. We will start to drop like a 2 ton rock as we drop out of the top ten and then the top 20. We Negators will ask for Holly's head while the Holly Hucksters talk about how wonderful she is and hope she stays forever. Administration and the AD will sat on their butts and do absolutely zip. In reality, it is a vicious circle.

Why is Cal #1?

LSU has had success in WBB, so yes.

So you think if Holly was the coach at LSU, she would still be able to sign a multitude of McD AA and get them to the E8 on multiple occasions? My belief is that Holly benefitted greatly from the Tennessee brand, and would have a much worse record someplace that didn't recruit for itself.

Reactions: ksl415 and Ratvol
So you think if Holly was the coach at LSU, she would still be able to sign a multitude of McD AA and get them to the E8 on multiple occasions? My belief is that Holly benefitted greatly from the Tennessee brand, and would have a much worse record someplace that didn't recruit for itself.

LSU Coaches:

Sue Gunter .667 winning percentage
Pokey Chapman .865
Van Chancellor .692
Nilli Fargas .579

Holly Warlick .737

Last edited:

Holly would have a hard time having a winning record at LSU, she would have been lucky to get 3-4 years there!

It only means that there is no one better out there that would come here to take over this program at this point. There are probably 95%, my guess, of women's basketball coaches out there in D1 who would love to come close to the accomplishments she has here. She has not accomplished what many of us want to the point, but look at her overall records. Who is willing to come here that is nowhere near as accomplished and put up with some, minor though it be, hatred that she, a UT player, assistant coach with her life blood invested in the program, VFL, second to Pat, etc. has endured the past few seasons?
What has she accomplished.

Tyler or Chapman, no way. Too much baggage. I do however think if a change is made we will not get a big name coach mainly for monetary reasons.

It only means that there is no one better out there that would come here to take over this program at this point. There are probably 95%, my guess, of women's basketball coaches out there in D1 who would love to come close to the accomplishments she has here. She has not accomplished what many of us want to the point, but look at her overall records. Who is willing to come here that is nowhere near as accomplished and put up with some, minor though it be, hatred that she, a UT player, assistant coach with her life blood invested in the program, VFL, second to Pat, etc. has endured the past few seasons?

She was pretty much born on home and you are stating she hit a homerun! Her accomplishments at most schools might mean something, but at UT the Godmother of womens basketball her accomplishments are a joke! I understand there will never be another Pat, however what if Bama states there is never another Bear! They give up and never get Saban and never get a bunch more NC!

What has she accomplished.
You might want to find that out for yourself. I'll not bother. It's all out there recorded. All I'm saying is that UT doesn't pull another firing like they did with Coach Fulmer. But, UT isn't the smartest on hiring most of the time.

She was pretty much born on home and you are stating she hit a homerun! Her accomplishments at most schools might mean something, but at UT the Godmother of womens basketball her accomplishments are a joke! I understand there will never be another Pat, however what if Bama states there is never another Bear! They give up and never get Saban and never get a bunch more NC!
Born on home by being in the UT system for over 40 years. Keep the hate, if you want, but acknowledge the accomplishments. Or, not.

LSU Coaches:

Sue Gunter .667 winning percentage
Pokey Chapman .865
Van Chancellor .692
Nilli Fargas .579

Holly Warlick .737

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe that if Holly was the coach at LSU that she would have a winning percentage of .737?

We have an incredible assistant coach in Sherrona Reaves. She has been a life saver with excellent recruiting following two years of very lean recruiting. Those two years are showing up know. I say give Reaves a chance. In any event we need to keep her talent.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
My favorite would be a woman with Tennessee Orange blood
Nikki Caldwell Fargas with Kara Lawson on staff with Tasha Butts - a break from traditional staffing to a coaching team with strengths learned from Pat.
Some combination of Caldwell, Jolly, Lawson, Parker, Butts, and Catchings coming together to rescue Tennessee for their mentor and coach.
Caldwell Butts & Harper have the experience - Lawson, Parker, or Catchings the professional connections and Tennessee spirit.
It seems that women might have the capacity to pull this off without the ego driven - 'I'm the boss" thing.
Make decisions based on strengths - Administrative, public -relations, practice, recruiting and in-game decision making
One final 'decider' with collective input.
Can you imagine a recruit with Candace, Kara, and Tamika in her living-room?
This type of thing would be the one way a star like these three could move to coach because the 'no coaching experience' thing is a deal killer.
If Teamwork is the goal a team of coaches makes sense. TOO BAD IT'S IMPOSSIBLE in the set pattern of athletic department cement.
It's somewhat silly - these women like Candace Kara and Tamika have been schooled on coaching their entire lives. They have seen it all.
common wisdom says go hire someone with a record somewhere else - Tennessee isn't somewhere else.

No former vol. if they fail you are 5/6 years getting rid of them. See present situation.

Reactions: TN1111

VN Store

Back