Ramon Foster didn’t say UT, says high school

I guess not.
Why can’t they say both high school and college.
I just like UT getting good national publicity.

Or why can't they live in a free country and say what they want to say. Do you list your high, junior high, elementary schools on your résumé?

If not, why aren't you practicing what you are criticizing a guy for?

I have no idea why people get upset about players saying their high school. These players earned the right to be in the NFL and can say whatever they choose.

A player that says their high school team name isn't necessarily disrespecting the college they played for....maybe they are just honoring their high school because it was an important step in their journey as a pro athlete.

Reactions: tbh
Pretty sure Arian Foster and others have done that as well.

Wanna say Eric Berry did it a couple times too.

No big deal IMO. Maybe trying to get their high school some recognition for fund raising or something.

Ripley, TN provides NBC with a season long supply of bright, red, yummy tomatoes certified as best in the world.

During Sunday night football, during the intros when all of the Steelers said their college, Foster said his high school instead of Tennessee.
Did he have a negative experience at UT?
Foster was only player on Steelers or Chargers not to say their college.

*** I am aware that some NFL players do say their high schools.just don’t think I remember a Vol ever doing it before.
OP your getting your feelings hurt for no reason, this isn't the players choice. My oldest son has done sports production work for ESPN in the past 4 years, its a network deal.. NBC copied this from ESPN who started this on MNF. Their production crews record every player saying their college school and HS. The network producers decide which version is aired as they splice the player profile reels together. The players aren't told which recording is put on the reel. The actual taping is done a day or two before the game. Former players aren't embarrassed to say their schools name.

Last edited:
OP your getting your feelings hurt for no reason, this isn't the players choice. My oldest son has done sports production work for ESPN in the past 4 years, its a network deal.. NBC copied this from ESPN who started this on MNF. Their production crews record every player saying their college school and HS. The network producers decide which version is aired as they splice the player profile reels together. The players aren't told which recording is put on the reel. The actual taping is done a day or two before the game. Former players aren't embarrassed to say their schools name.

Feelings not hurt.
Thanks for the info.

During Sunday night football, during the intros when all of the Steelers said their college, Foster said his high school instead of Tennessee.

*** I am aware that some NFL players do say their high schools.just don’t think I remember a Vol ever doing it before.
This has got to be the most petty and immature post in the history of recorded sports. Good golly son, find more to do.

Who cared

VN Store

Back