Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

Zero points on only two shots in her minutes makes it seem that she doesn’t want to shoot. I don’t think she was blanketed by defense every time she touched the ball. Also maybe her reticence to shoot has something to do with players triple teamed in the lane not throwing her the ball when she’s all alone at the three point line which has happened several times in games this year. If you are a shooter,then shoot the ball. Can’t score unless you do.
What I been saying we either have to run plays so she can get a shot or go with someone else that create a shot without help. She doesn't add much defensively or on the boards. She has to be effective with some offense and that hasn't happened in a lot of the games. She did score in a couple of game quite well. She is also only shooting 30 percent from the field that has to be higher.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
As a lawyer, I could simply file a freedom of information request and get all the info I need on burrell’s injury. There are no Hipaa issues here because Rae waived her rights to hipaa once she set foot on campus and utilized the university’s facilities. All you experts have no clue about hippa and how it pertains to student athletes. What’s more concerning is the coaching staffs unwillingness to keep the fans in the loop concerning Rae’s recovery. They came right out and told us Wynn had a broken nose. Burrell has NO say in the matter because once again, she waived those rights to privacy concerning any injuries that occur on tax payer and state funded institutions.

If the player requests silence on the matter, the coach CAN comply if she chooses. Correct? Or is there a law saying Kellie SHALL disclose? Not everything is a legal matter. Sometimes it's just human decency and treating people the way you want them to treat you.

Maybe. But Coach Harper is very fond of her so it may be Walker and Puckett that may sit more.
If Walker and Puckett sit more, instead of Darby, then Coach Harper has been brainwashed by aliens. And I really hoped Darby could be successful at UT. I went to college at UTM and root for teams in that area. I coach at a "small community single-A school" similar to Greenfield. But at the end of the day she isn't a good enough player to overcome her physical limitations AT THIS LEVEL. Most people don't realize how big of a difference it is playing at this level. It is not some kind of insult to say someone is not cut out to be a contributor at this level. She could possibly be a strong player at a lower level.

It was curious and confusing that Dearstone said in the pregame radio broadcast that they were hopeful to have Rae back by the end of the holidays and referred to the Meniscus as the injury. I don't recall hearing any official info that said the nature of the injury. Perhaps it was a slip on his part in letting out the secret. Any way, I do think he has inside info and am encouraged by the prognosis he mentioned. In contrast, the SEC+ broadcasters said thing that it would be great to get her back by February and also made a "late in the SEC schedule" comment. I know they were speculating, but the discrepant reports is NOT helping matters.

It was curious and confusing that Dearstone said in the pregame radio broadcast that they were hopeful to have Rae back by the end of the holidays and referred to the Meniscus as the injury. I don't recall hearing any official info that said the nature of the injury. Perhaps it was a slip on his part in letting out the secret. Any way, I do think he has inside info and am encouraged by the prognosis he mentioned. In contrast, the SEC+ broadcasters said thing that it would be great to get her back by February and also made a "late in the SEC schedule" comment. I know they were speculating, but the discrepant reports is helping matters.

On the ESPN broadcast Mowens said she was expected back after the Holidays. Hard to tell if she knew that or was just talking out her hind end as usual.

As a lawyer, I could simply file a freedom of information request and get all the info I need on burrell’s injury. There are no Hipaa issues here because Rae waived her rights to hipaa once she set foot on campus and utilized the university’s facilities. All you experts have no clue about hippa and how it pertains to student athletes. What’s more concerning is the coaching staffs unwillingness to keep the fans in the loop concerning Rae’s recovery. They came right out and told us Wynn had a broken nose. Burrell has NO say in the matter because once again, she waived those rights to privacy concerning any injuries that occur on tax payer and state funded institutions.
What an ignorant post! First off, you don’t have to be a lawyer to submit a FOI request. Second of all, if you are a lawyer, which I doubt, you’d know that personal medical records are part of the nine exclusions of the FOIA!
Keep spewing your nonsense!

What an ignorant post! First off, you don’t have to be a lawyer to submit a FOI request. Second of all, if you are a lawyer, which I doubt, you’d know that personal medical records are part of the nine exclusions of the FOIA!

Preach!

That poster sure is giving off Tonyc vibes, isn't he?!

One Darth on this board is already one too many!

Darth, I said early I thought it was a bad knee sprain, from what I could gather on the situation. A hammy is possible also. You may need to reevaluate your gloomy projections if Rae comes back this year and esp next year. This current Lady Vol roster is full of fighters that don’t go down easy. I love watching the team play, grit is so underrated
We have to ignore the naysayers because they will find something bad to say even if we made to the final four. These ladies did not have the same number of McDonald All Americans as Stanford but take out the 2nd quarter and our ladies played Stanford toe to toe. I am proud that they did not give in or give up.

Just read this headline and thought of Rae...

Los Angeles Lakers' Anthony Davis says he feared major injury after hearing 'something pop' in knee

... AD ended up being diagnosed with a knee sprain, 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Also, Burrell is a student. And while I don’t know (and shouldn’t), it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s seeing UT sports medicine staff. In that case, HIPAA’s not even the right tree to be barking up and it’d be FERPA-protected data. Student medical records are considered part of the educational record.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
If Walker and Puckett sit more, instead of Darby, then Coach Harper has been brainwashed by aliens. And I really hoped Darby could be successful at UT. I went to college at UTM and root for teams in that area. I coach at a "small community single-A school" similar to Greenfield. But at the end of the day she isn't a good enough player to overcome her physical limitations AT THIS LEVEL. Most people don't realize how big of a difference it is playing at this level. It is not some kind of insult to say someone is not cut out to be a contributor at this level. She could possibly be a strong player at a lower level.
Yet she is a starter for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: Ovol
👍Exemption Six: Personnel, medical, financial, and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.”
FOIA Exemptions and Exclusions | FinCEN.gov

Wow. You must lead an exciting life.

VN Store

Back