Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

I am starting to understand this lingo.

A degree in mudcat-ese isn't easy to come by...

thinking-calculations.gif

That would explain the unpredictable timeline...
Darth, I said early I thought it was a bad knee sprain, from what I could gather on the situation. A hammy is possible also. You may need to reevaluate your gloomy projections if Rae comes back this year and esp next year. This current Lady Vol roster is full of fighters that don’t go down easy. I love watching the team play, grit is so underrated

Last edited:
Darth, I said early I thought it was a bad knee sprain, from what I could gather on the situation. A hammy is possible also. You may need to reevaluate your gloomy projections if Rae comes back this year and esp next year. This current Lady Vol roster is full of fighters that don’t go down easy.

If it is a hamstring, or a bad knee sprain, it could very well limit her the rest of the season even when she does return. And I think the chances of her returning next season are slim to none.

But even with a completely healthy Burrell in the lineup, this is the worst offensive team I've ever seen at Tennessee with a pretty low ceiling for improvement given the personnel IMO -- which is a damn shame with what looks like could be an elite defense. Defense and rebounds won championships in Pat's time, but in the modern game you aren't going to make a deep run if you can't score -- and Pat's teams (or Holly's teams for that matter) were never this inept offensively...

If it is a hamstring, or a bad knee sprain, it could very well limit her the rest of the season even when she does return. And I think the chances of her returning next season are slim to none.

But even with a completely healthy Burrell in the lineup, this is the worst offensive team I've ever seen at Tennessee with a pretty low ceiling for improvement given the personnel IMO -- which is a damn shame with what looks like could be an elite defense. Defense and rebounds won championships in Pat's time, but in the modern game you aren't going to make a deep run if you can't score -- and Pat's teams (or Holly's teams for that matter) were never this inept offensively...
Well hopefully Darth your observations can be
Overcome during the season.

Darth can't agree with that 2nd paragraph totally. LV's had some bad offenses under Holly. They looked liked a pickup game at the Y at times. But agree they have an elite D and you can win with that. O will improve a lot when RB gets back, even if she is not 100%. You can't have everything all the time on a sports team. A good coach strategizes and wins with what they have.

It is what happens when no real information is released. The kid's name becomes associated with every disease or injury known to man. Easiest way to prevent that is to just release the actual injury information. Otherwise you can't complain about the speculation. It is what you chose to have happen in lieu of providing accurate information.
Exactly.

Yes I know HIPAA. No Rae does not owe us a dang morsel of info. But this is the most secretive major injury I remember in a long, long time. Not sure why they won't just name the injury and reduce the speculation. Never remember this before with an on court injury, especially to the team's best player! Seems weird to me, and please don't start with the "keeping injury from the WNBA draft" nonsense.

Whatever the injury, I want Rae back as soon as its safely possible. Not only would it be a great boost to our surprising 6-0 team, but you hate for a senior to miss games. That last season goes by so fast and she's already missed playing in the hometown. Name it, fix it, and come back to us!

Exactly.

Yes I know HIPAA. No Rae does not owe us a dang morsel of info. But this is the most secretive major injury I remember in a long, long time. Not sure why they won't just name the injury and reduce the speculation. Never remember this before with an on court injury, especially to the team's best player! Seems weird to me, and please don't start with the "keeping injury from the WNBA draft" nonsense.

Whatever the injury, I want Rae back as soon as its safely possible. Not only would it be a great boost to our surprising 6-0 team, but you hate for a senior to miss games. That last season goes by so fast and she's already missed playing in the hometown. Name it, fix it, and come back to us!

Rae was dancing on both feet on the sidelines tonite, placing equal weight on both legs as she moved.

You can never just say job well done can you? Why do you still come here? Nothing the team does satisfy you. We are 7-0. Damn give it a rest already!

maybe stanford or a game or two later rae be back for rure start of sec play if danceing means anything . it look like she was puting full wight on one then other on her dance last night!
I’m new to but have been studying the dialect so u can c I now my way arond this and can c same so that is it was not hard.

I have gone through the tape of Rae's injury several hundred times, frame by frame in slow motion. For research purposes, i had the digital video converted to a grainy B&W 8mm format.

I have not been able to conclusively rule out a shot from the grassy knoll of Thompson-Boling arena. (What, you say, there is no grassy knoll in TBA; well that shows you how deep this conspiracy runs)

I also noticed that Rae's knee first buckled forward and then back to the right, even though she junped from the left. Also, she mysteriously had no teammates in the immediate area to protect her.

This evidence suggest that Rae's injury was not the act of a lone knee.

I have gone through the tape of Rae's injury several hundred times, frame by frame in slow motion. For research purposes, i had the digital video converted to a grainy B&W 8mm format.

I have not been able to conclusively rule out a shot from the grassy knoll of Thompson-Boling arena. (What, you say, there is no grassy knoll in TBA; well that shows you how deep this conspiracy runs)

I also noticed that Rae's knee first buckled forward and then back to the right, even though she junped from the left. Also, she mysteriously had no teammates in the immediate area to protect her.

This evidence suggest that Rae's injury was not the act of a lone knee.
Jesus that was alot to write for that not to even be funny! 😩

You’re usually better than that Mad! 😂

You can never just say job well done can you? Why do you still come here? Nothing the team does satisfy you. We are 7-0. Damn give it a rest already!

Let's be fair Mikey, Tennessee was 6-0 when that was posted -- before the 76 point offensive explosion against Tennessee Tech...

VN Store

Back