Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

i can appreciate that and i think the team will be better when she comes back. I think the team is growing but i want Rae back because she will only make the game easier for her teammates.

Absolutely. As I watch South Carolina playing right now, I don't think it would be out of line to suggest we would have a much better chance of beating USC with Rae than we would without her. Even WITH Rae and everyone else perfectly healthy, it would take a near flawless performance by Tennessee. Without Rae? Whew -- it would be tough!

Absolutely. As I watch South Carolina playing right now, I don't think it would be out of line to suggest we would have a much better chance of beating USC with Rae than we would without her. Even WITH Rae and everyone else perfectly healthy, it would take a near flawless performance by Tennessee. Without Rae? Whew -- it would be tough!
Anybody that wins on their home court will have to play an amazing game. They have Uconn, Stanford, Maryland, and Tennessee all at home.

PCL Sprain | Middle Georgia Orthopaedics, Warner Robins, GA.

"Injury to the PCL is much less common than injury to the ACL, the anterior cruciate ligament. The PCL is usually torn by a direct blow to the front of the upper part of the tibia with the knee in a bent position.

Patients will often have discomfort, especially in the back of the knee."
This could also be it Rae went in the air for a layup her knee was bent and she hit/bumped into a SIU player and came down saying something popped

• Grade I: The PCL has a partial tear
  • Grade II: The ligament is partially torn and is looser than in Grade I
  • Grade III: The ligament is completely torn, and the knee becomes unstable
  • Grade IV: The PCL is damaged along with another ligament in the knee
Anything but a one or two would mean no return this season. The one is two weeks and that doesn't seem to be it and the two is four weeks a possibility or it is not a PCL at all since only 20 percent of knee injuries are PCL. Hopefully not a PCL and we know it is not an ACL which leaves the MCL and that would be month to 6 weeks for a severe case. I will think it is something where she will not return this season if she is not back by January.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
the news that I am awaiting to shows progress is her known to be shooting free throws and shown on the exercise bike. The individuals interviewing coach harper need to be more precise in their questions.

Most of the injuries that she could have that would allow her to play this year would be healed by January. I think anything that goes beyond that is long term months. When I see her when were playing she is fairly active and moving quite well. I hope she can return and if not we should see her next season. I don't think she would enter the draft if she can't come back and play extended games this season.

after tenn ok state game on maria & buck show maria said some guy reporter talk to rae about her knee maria told him if rae told him anything do not say respect rae pritacy. maria said his name on the show. maria also say ut did not report on injurys. sounds like we hear day to day till she plays. rae will tell us if she wants to know about her knee
I am starting to understand this lingo.

We want know until we see her back in the lineup or Coach announces she is back. I don't expect her to ever tell us back in a couple weeks or whenever. Right now I am almost certain it was some kind of tear that will heal without surgery. Now just waiting to see how bad the tear was. If she isn't back by January it is the worst kind which can still heal without surgery, but was bad enough to take months to do so.

Is a PCL Sprain confirmed or is this more irresponsible posting to upset the fan base?

It is what happens when no real information is released. The kid's name becomes associated with every disease or injury known to man. Easiest way to prevent that is to just release the actual injury information. Otherwise you can't complain about the speculation. It is what you chose to have happen in lieu of providing accurate information.

I have never understood why anyone would choose this, but I guess maybe some of them get a kick out of watching everyone guess. I would just put a picture of my x-ray and medical records up on a billboard and be done with it. There would be no downside, and the upside is that a different doctor might notice something that mine didn't. The more diagnoses the better.

I am starting to understand this lingo.

It's very simple dialectics; one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't go into space, you know, without like, you know, with fractions! What are you gonna land on? One-quarter? Three-eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectics, physics, okay?

Most of the injuries that she could have that would allow her to play this year would be healed by January. I think anything that goes beyond that is long term months. When I see her when were playing she is fairly active and moving quite well. I hope she can return and if not we should see her next season. I don't think she would enter the draft if she can't come back and play extended games this season.
If we don’t see her this season and she stays for a 5th year we might as well hang the Natty banner lol we got Justine coming in an all American in Rae + a Jordan Horston and Tamari Key core who are playing the best basketball of their career and the freshmen having a year under their belt AND we get Marta back whewwww😅😅😅

It's very simple dialectics; one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't go into space, you know, without like, you know, with fractions! What are you gonna land on? One-quarter? Three-eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectics, physics, okay?
Apocalypse Now.

If we don’t see her this season and she stays for a 5th year we might as well hang the Natty banner lol we got Justine coming in an all American in Rae + a Jordan Horston and Tamari Key core who are playing the best basketball of their career and the freshmen having a year under their belt AND we get Marta back whewwww😅😅😅
no doubt Lady Vols are building a strong future again, as LadyVols-WBK pointed out, the roster is getting elite again. It’s not fast enough for some but you can see it happening right before our eyes. If Rae stays and plays next year the UT team will be a challenger. The development of some players in RB absence has been eye opening. I never saw it coming, esp Horston who will be a lead dog with RB when she returns.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back