R.Davis / MeMe !

Her vision was to schedule a bunch of cupcakes to give her a nice, bloated W/L record.

This team was always a stretch to make the E8, and now they are a stretch just to make the NCAAT.

They need to clean house.

Possibly, but not this moment.

right now we need to get on one page and stay focused on one thing...Finishing stronger with each outing.

Forget the drama, forget the past...use your selective basketball memory and forget the last 30 days even happened.

Get one focus and move on it.
It can be done

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Possibly, but not this moment.

right now we need to get on one page and stay focused on one thing...Finishing stronger with each outing.

Forget the drama, forget the past...use your selective basketball memory and forget the last 30 days even happened.

Get one focus and move on it.
It can be done

This Circuitous talking is nonsense

Shoulda pulled the starters earlier so they had an ounce of discipline.

Holly is the bath water, the players are the baby

Holly’s vision has been idiocy. Every year: we are gonna get up in your face and press. Seriously? Works in preseason only, maybe against cupcakes. A confident ball handler on a mediocre team and ur screwed

Time to send a message. These kids are hurting, they need to know that the incompetence is not on them

18-20 y/o’s are practically children and need guidance and a push. “Can’t coach effort.” BS, I say. Kids need a fire lit under their ass.

Fire her. Coaches are fired all the time mid season. Look what happened to the Seattle Storm. All are obviously checked out at this point. Let them know the blame is not there’s. Holly is 61. Put her out to pasture. Salvage a career for these kids. How many more pro basketball dreams does she get to quash before people feel remorse for Bashara, Jordan, tucker, nared, Russell and others.

Any of these kids that want to transfer after Holly gets the axe is fine. They’ve suffered enough. Let them salvage a career for themselves.

This Circuitous talking is nonsense

Shoulda pulled the starters earlier so they had an ounce of discipline.

Holly is the bath water, the players are the baby

Holly’s vision has been idiocy. Every year: we are gonna get up in your face and press. Seriously? Works in preseason only, maybe against cupcakes. A confident ball handler on a mediocre team and ur screwed

Time to send a message. These kids are hurting, they need to know that the incompetence is not on them

18-20 y/o’s are practically children and need guidance and a push. “Can’t coach effort.” BS, I say. Kids need a fire lit under their ass.

Fire her. Coaches are fired all the time mid season. Look what happened to the Seattle Storm. All are obviously checked out at this point. Let them know the blame is not there’s. Holly is 61. Put her out to pasture. Salvage a career for these kids. How many more pro basketball dreams does she get to quash before people feel remorse for Bashara, Jordan, tucker, nared, Russell and others.

Any of these kids that want to transfer after Holly gets the axe is fine. They’ve suffered enough. Let them salvage a career for themselves.

or, work to make their decision the right one while they are still invested and figure a way that will make them want to stay and continue what they started.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
or, work to make their decision the right one while they are still invested and figure a way that will make them want to stay and continue what they started.

Interesting point. But, according to Holly these kids were an amazing group of self-motivated STUDENTS getting in the gym on their own this summer. Maybe, she oughta teach them.

I agree these kids are hurting, but I also think that more is needed from the staff. What I don't know, based on my history is, are they asked and listened to. A staff, like in any business, will give you what you expect from it. (not what you want from it)...So, if I expect nothing I get nothing...If I expect the best, I get their best.

No, Tex, I don't begin to put this on these girls. I put it squarely on the shoulders that it goes on, the coach. I am a coach and on my own level, I know the final product of any team is the product the HC orchestrates. If it were me in CHW's place, I'd take the responsibility becuase it is my product.

"Can't coach effort"...CPS is often misquoted on this. . . At the SEC women's tourney in Chattanooga, 1996, I heard her say, on the McKenzie Arena floor..." I will coach anything but passion...If I have to teach you to love my game, it ain't worth it"... Effort...

You dam well coach effort. It is not, however something you ask for, unless it is readily given. If it is not readily given, those athletes have to be handled differently. Find that button and push it. If they're not internally driven, they are externally driven...Find out what their reason for being there is and push that goal for those type. And yes, sometimes you do have to tough-love them. But not often. If you gain their respect and don't lose it, they will follow you into battle willingly.

Firing a coach mid-season without first a show of concern for CPF, would be stupid of him. He has to first make a visible showing for the program before he ever does something so rash or he would get run out of town for not interceding before he extradites

Last edited:
Interesting point. But, according to Holly these kids were an amazing group of self-motivated STUDENTS getting in the gym on their own this summer. Maybe, she oughta teach them.

They're still in that summer gym...playing pickup basketball...No defense, no "team stuff'",,,just doing their thang.

Teaching time IS in the summer.
Product on the floor is now.

Get them out of the mindset of pick-up basketball and get them back into working as a unit, not as units.

Let's get real. MeMe is exactly who we thought she was. Good kid, hard worker, defensive stopper, offensively average at best. Possibly could have been decent offensively with good coaching, but that's a mute point now. Streaky shooter occasionally capable of going off in a couple of those can't miss games, but never anything approaching consistent. WNBA "stock"? Please! Like others have said, when HW proclaimed this season dependent on MeMe, I knew we were in trouble. I don't think she needs to be as bad as she is right now; in fact, she's case in point for HW's total inability to keep the slightest spit of snow from becoming a mental avalanche.

Davis on the other hand is another story. Hard to think about now, but the first time I saw her play in person I thought she resembled a young Holdsclaw. Same long, slender build, same smooth movement, tons and tons of potential. Her devolution is so obviously mental and the fact that not one of the dozen or so paid staff on that sideline can help her is stunning. Unlike with MeMe though, there's still time and Davis has way more native talent.

IMO, the major factor in the next staff is player development and handling of the kids from the shoulders up. Please, please find help for these kids!

Let's get real. MeMe is exactly who we thought she was. Good kid, hard worker, defensive stopper, offensively average at best. Possibly could have been decent offensively with good coaching, but that's a mute point now. Streaky shooter occasionally capable of going off in a couple of those can't miss games, but never anything approaching consistent. WNBA "stock"? Please! Like others have said, when HW proclaimed this season dependent on MeMe, I knew we were in trouble. I don't think she needs to be as bad as she is right now; in fact, she's case in point for HW's total inability to keep the slightest spit of snow from becoming a mental avalanche.

Davis on the other hand is another story. Hard to think about now, but the first time I saw her play in person I thought she resembled a young Holdsclaw. Same long, slender build, same smooth movement, tons and tons of potential. Her devolution is so obviously mental and the fact that not one of the dozen or so paid staff on that sideline can help her is stunning. Unlike with MeMe though, there's still time and Davis has way more native talent.

IMO, the major factor in the next staff is player development and handling of the kids from the shoulders up. Please, please find help for these kids!

I agree with you 100% on Meme and that was a big mistake by Holly as for Davis to me she want no part of the 4 spot likes the 3 spot.

Let's get real. MeMe is exactly who we thought she was. Good kid, hard worker, defensive stopper, offensively average at best. Possibly could have been decent offensively with good coaching, but that's a mute point now. Streaky shooter occasionally capable of going off in a couple of those can't miss games, but never anything approaching consistent. WNBA "stock"? Please! Like others have said, when HW proclaimed this season dependent on MeMe, I knew we were in trouble. I don't think she needs to be as bad as she is right now; in fact, she's case in point for HW's total inability to keep the slightest spit of snow from becoming a mental avalanche....

we'll see.

You don't know what goes on in these kids lives or in their minds with regards to runs and situations like these...They devastate their young lives.

She was on a trail and got knocked off of it somehow.
She will upright herself.
She has been consistent in her rise up until the end of December until now.
When she gets it to click again, she will stay the course.

You are correct I don't know beans about these kids lives, minds, etc. The difference is I don't want to, don't pretend to, find it a little icky to think about. Doesn't really relate to my assessment of them as a player, though I don't doubt its quite painful and quite stressful to live through.

I'd love for any of the struggling players to turn it around somehow. Tribute to MeMe's toughness if she does. All the various downward spiraling is tough to watch.

Reactions: T_Vol376
That was my take coming into this season as well. Russell and Nared would be missed because you can't easily replace Russell's size down low nor Nared's versatility. I didn't think Rennia would be sturdy enough to play inside. Nared was physical and seemed to thrive on rough play; Rennia is more of a finesse player. She needs to be at the 3.

I think the ideal starting five is PG Evina SG Jackson SF Davis PF Burrell C Cheridene. If Jackson's stinking it up, sub her quickly for Zaay. Let Collins back up both posts, but mainly the 4. Evina is not an ideal PG but Masssengill is more of a liability than an asset at this point if they need to manufacture points.
I've been saying 'stop moving players from their positions' for the longest time. Also excellent post and reply.
Move Davis back or she will be gone next year. And move Zay back to the bench. Too many shot attempts, low shooting percentage.
Again , move Rennie back to her original position or she will transfer. She's not a happy camper.

I can't believe there are still people willing to die on the Holly Warlick hill but whatever. Maybe when Holly is gone she can take her Hollyannas with her.

No one is accusing you of anything let alone no longer supporting the program. Don’t worry, I am leaving effective immediately.
Where are you,Rickster? Are you still a supporter of Holly Warlick after last night's loss to Vanderbilt?

Where are you,Rickster? Are you still a supporter of Holly Warlick after last night's loss to Vanderbilt?

Holly just needs to go someone posted it in another thread did anyone see Meme blow a layup and then tuned around laughing. And Holly just looked and said not one word not one.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Holly just needs to go someone posted it in another thread did anyone see Meme blow a layup and then tuned around laughing. And Holly just looked and said not one word not one.
I think Holly is planning to retire so as to not force her friend Phil Fulmer to fire her

VN Store

Back