Quotes, Tributes, Tweets, etc for Coach Pat Summit

i have many lady vol games n best part when she would lay into them wth that stare.she walked the walk n talked the talk.she was old school which way i was coached n it is lacking in players today.you seem not be able lay into them cause they more spoiled now.ir didnt matter player she layed in them--1998 championship watch her lay into randalln even holdsclaw.they willl only be 1 coach summit in history basketball.my aunt played for her 1st 2 teams n she still remembers how many times she threw up ahha.old school when you came to play n coach always says she doesn't coach effortt!!!!i coach my nephews aau team n i get pissed when i see them walk on floor n not play hard can,dive after ball be extremely physical.i have admitt im tearing up typing this cause ONLY 1 N NEVER BE ANOTHER COACH PAT HEAD SUMMKIT!!!1MISS YOU PLENTY COACH!Q!

i have many lady vol games n best part when she would lay into them wth that stare.she walked the walk n talked the talk.she was old school which way i was coached n it is lacking in players today.you seem not be able lay into them cause they more spoiled now.ir didnt matter player she layed in them--1998 championship watch her lay into randalln even holdsclaw.they willl only be 1 coach summit in history basketball.my aunt played for her 1st 2 teams n she still remembers how many times she threw up ahha.old school when you came to play n coach always says she doesn't coach effortt!!!!i coach my nephews aau team n i get pissed when i see them walk on floor n not play hard can,dive after ball be extremely physical.i have admitt im tearing up typing this cause ONLY 1 N NEVER BE ANOTHER COACH PAT HEAD SUMMKIT!!!1MISS YOU PLENTY COACH!Q!

great talk

Reactions: 1 person
I'm enjoying reading what others have been saying about our Vol hero. Post your favorites here.

"She outworked her rivals ... and became a role model to millions of Americansincluding our two daughters." President Obama on Pat Summitt

"Coach @patsummitt was an all time great w/ a brilliant mind, a love of basketball and a deep loyalty to all around her. She will be missed." - Billie Jean King

She can never be replaced. She was a class act on and off the court.

From Coach Kellie Jolly Harper:

"Everybody knows Pat as this fiery, icy-glared woman. That's 100 percent true, but she also had this caring, loving, genuine side that not everybody got see."

Harper experienced great highs as a player, winning three national championships from 1996-1998. Her senior year, she was an All-American honorable mention, but the Lady Vols' bid for a four-peat was stopped in the Elite Eight.

"I was leaving the locker room, I saw her cry for the first time in my life and the only time. She didn't know I saw her, and I was 100 percent confident she was crying because of her players.

"She wasn't crying for herself or the program, but for me. It takes your admiration [to] another level."

Last edited:
Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back