Quote from the coach

orangetaz

Being a great football coach is in Heupel's blood. He was raised around football, I believe his dad was a coach. He's a fighter and competitor. Not being originally recruited by Oklahoma, he fought to get that opportunity there.

He's a winner all the way through. He has a national title and nearly won the Heisman. He's the 1st "real" coach we've had in a while. He's an innovator.

What I like most is that he just seems like a grounded person, like an easy going neighbor who is easy to talk to. We're lucky to have him here.

6squi8.jpg

Being a great football coach is in Heupel's blood. He was raised around football, I believe his dad was a coach. He's a fighter and competitor. Not being originally recruited by Oklahoma, he fought to get that opportunity there.

He's a winner all the way through. He has a national title and nearly won the Heisman. He's the 1st "real" coach we've had in a while. He's an innovator.

What I like most is that he just seems like a grounded person, like an easy going neighbor who is easy to talk to. We're lucky to have him here.

Brother, while those are nice words are you gonna feel the same if the Vols have to struggle to even go to a bowl this season?

Quite frankly, by this point if Satan incarnate made the Vols consistently win 10 or 11 games routinely, I would be a fan.

Refreshing.

Who else remembers:
We've got 34 freshmen who've never been on a plane, 47 players who've never been north of the Mason Dixon Line and zero players who've played in a pro stadium.

At least some of the guys made the trip to the MCB just two games ago, which was played in Nissan Stadium (the home of the NFL's Tennessee Titans)

Brother, while those are nice words are you gonna feel the same if the Vols have to struggle to even go to a bowl this season?

Quite frankly, by this point if Satan incarnate made the Vols consistently win 10 or 11 games routinely, I would be a fan.
Yes, but no need to play devil's advocate, we're going to a bowl. I could be wrong, but I appear to be right so far.

People have higher expectations for this team in yr 2 than most any other coach could've created. People want to see if he meets their expectations for the year, but they completely forget that this staff is why they have these expectations in the first place.

Yes, but no need to play devil's advocate, we're going to a bowl. I could be wrong, but I appear to be right so far.

You know this and I know this. I am however tired of stressing before each season about whether or not we will even go to a bowl.

Remember 15-20 years ago? Us not even qualifying for a bowl was about as likely as aliens landing in Neyland Stadium in the Florida game.

I guess my BVS is just terminal by this point. I just want teams terrified to play us as they know they are going to be embarrassed in front of their mom's and girlfriends. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: Winchester73
Refreshing.

Who else remembers:
We've got 34 freshmen who've never been on a plane, 47 players who've never been north of the Mason Dixon Line and zero players who've played in a pro stadium.

Just dont lol

Just CRUSH them ! Last year, we let them off the hook! I was at the UCF -Pitt game in 2019 and after pitching the ball to his wide receiver, Kenny Pickett sprinted down to the end zone and caught the ball back from that same wide receiver, on a trick play called "The Pitt Special! " Pitt won 35-34 with seconds left in the game! Just CRUSH them!

Last edited:
You can really tell Heupel has put forth a ton of effort to turn the culture around. Sounds like the team is really bought in.

Vols by fiddy! 🍊
This is the biggest thing, I think Heupel is turning around the toxic/loser me culture that had cultivated across 5 coaching staffs (beginning at the end of Fulmer). I'll be happy with 8-4 this year, however it is achieved. I hope this weekend includes a W but I'm not going to freak out or think all is lost as a fan either way, especially if it's a close loss (which for all the bravado ITT would be to a higher ranked team on the road).

VN Store

Back