Quote from the coach

I'm not saying that your statement is incorrect, but I don't put much stock into someone having potential because their dad was a coach and they were raised around football. Dooley's dad was a coach. Pruitt's dad was a coach. Forgive me if I'm numb to that logic.

But, I do agree with the rest of your statement. I think Heupel is a great coach--the best coach TN has had since Fulmer. And yes, I know, LK was probably better if you purely look at X's and O's, but when you consider everything--attitude, character, football IQ, etc--Heupel is the best we've had in a long, long time.

I hope he does great things here, but more importantly, I hope he sees Tennessee as an elite, destination job and stays here for longer than what has become the norm 3-5 year stint
I hope Heup retires from here after a three decade stint and 5 or 6 national titles. Time for our program to settle down 😉

I hope Heup retires from here after a three decade stint and 5 or 6 national titles. Time for our program to settle down 😉
Your hope is too vague. We need to start setting definitive expectations.

The General averaged 1 national title every 5.25 years. Unless he fights in WW3, I expect better from Heupel.

I'm only giving Heupel 26 years (5.2 ave), to get his 5th Natty. And he better win the SEC at least once in the meantime if it takes a decade for his 1st Natty.

VN Store

Back