Quote from Sarkisian, and Heupel

Thanks captain obvious … in other news water is wet AND the sky is blue !!

It may seem that simple of a statement to you but today's thinking in some young minds don't pick up the simple and obvious things without a reminder....They get upset when it doesn't work out or isn't guaranteed. A captain obvious reminder.

This post got me thinking.

Which qbs (UT or not) have been most overhyped yet below average. Harrison Bailey comes to mind in recent history. No offense just is what it is

Yet, Pey is deified while Tee is treated like a marginal footnote, if even that.
1998 Florida game
Probably because Peyton (1) Was the highest regarded recruit of that time period, (2) should have won the Heisman (3) endeared himself by staying a 4th year when he could have turned pro, and (4) had one of the greatest pro careers of all time. Tee was a great college QB, a great leader, but not near as great as Peyton.

Probably because Peyton (1) Was the highest regarded recruit of that time period, (2) should have won the Heisman (3) endeared himself by staying a 4th year when he could have turned pro, and (4) had one of the greatest pro careers of all time. Tee was a great college QB, a great leader, but not near as great as Peyton.

Well, in college I had a girlfriend who was a knock-out. I still wonder to this day why she hung with me, took me places I'd never been, and introduced me to foods I'd never eaten, not to mention made the semester, uh, much more than about practically living in the library studying, if you get my drift. Being older and two years ahead of me, she graduated, I never saw her again. I met another gal, Shirley, a Kiowa chick, cute in her own way, and who was taller than I and had some heft on her. Long story short, I ended up married to her a few years later. For a guy who likes simple living, being outdoors, cooking on a stove or outside over a fire pit, but above all who got hooked on a gal who adopted the Vols are her favorite CFB team despite being from Oklahoma originally, she's my dream girl. I wouldn't trade her for a boatload of UCLA cheerleaders. Despite all that, I still have a kind word for the first gal who was fun, yes, exciting, and introduced me to things I never knew about before. Tee doesn't get that kind of mention or respect. And that's all I'm saying. You either appreciate someone, or you don't. Many Vols fan seem to be unable to appreciate the guy.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Arch is full of talent but honestly based on film Nico is the better player imo, he definitely fits our style better

Exactly correct CJH. Just a reminder......Texas could have the number 1 recruiting class each year that Manning is there but that does not win them the national championship. Manning alone does not make them win any championship and the game is still played on the field on game day. IF a QB was a guarantee to win a national championship then TN would have (4) years in a row under Peyton. But.....TN could not beat Florida when Peyton was here.
Very interesting. I had never heard any of that mentioned before.

VN Store

Back