Quote from Sarkisian, and Heupel

I was disappointed he didn’t choose GA. Think he will be a cancer to any QB room. Saw him play last fall. Thought average at best. If GA, Vandergriff, Beck & Stockton all would have hit the portal. Better for us. Going to be a lot of pressure from Manning family, tv networks & fans to play freshman year. We shall see. Will be interesting.

I really don’t give a damn about him but to say “he’s average at best” is just silly when practically every coach in the country would gladly take him.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH..........FOR SURE, WHY DIDN'T WE BEAT FLORIDA DURING PEYTON'S YEARS IF THE MANNING'S CAN WALK ON WATER..................YES I AM YELLING THIS !!!!!!

I love my Pey, like nearly all Vols fans, love the guy. It's just funny how "Happy Feet" & Co. couldn't pry the Gators from the water, BBQ, and eat them. Yet, Pey is deified while Tee is treated like a marginal footnote, if even that.

When it was Tee time, the Gators were served theirs in orange hued Meiman Marcus Bello cups.

1656068829269.pngTee Martin relives memories from 1998 Florida game

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH..........FOR SURE, WHY DIDN'T WE BEAT FLORIDA DURING PEYTON'S YEARS IF THE MANNING'S CAN WALK ON WATER..................YES I AM YELLING THIS !!!!!!

One HUGE reason was SOS scored TDs on 10 straight possessions vs Chavis defense (end of ‘95 game & start of ‘96 game).

Reactions: jeff1vol
I love my Pey, like nearly all Vols fans, love the guy. It's just funny how "Happy Feet" & Co. couldn't pry the Gators from the water, BBQ, and eat them. Yet, Pey is deified while Tee is treated like a marginal footnote, if even that.

When it was Tee time, the Gators were served theirs in orange hued Meiman Marcus Bello cups.

View attachment 466597

Al Wilson & the defense had more to do with “Tee” beating Fla. If the defense had held Florida to 17 pts, Peyton would have won a couple. Giving up 62 in ‘95 & 35 in the first half of ‘96 doesn’t give anyone much a chance.

I think he is a bit overrated because of his name. (personal opinion) I think he leaves for another school after Texas recruits around him.

yup...should not say, but the film reminds me of Harrison Bailey.

He has a better arm and quicker/smoother release than Bailey. I’m guessing he’ll process things faster, just being a Manning. But I don’t see the overall #1 recruit type ability. He’s a good recruit. I’d say he’s a high 4* if his name weren’t Manning.

Tennessee is getting the better QB in Nico.

Al Wilson & the defense had more to do with “Tee” beating Fla. If the defense had held Florida to 17 pts, Peyton would have won a couple. Giving up 62 in ‘95 & 35 in the first half of ‘96 doesn’t give anyone much a chance.

There you go, Tee is just footnote status in the minds of a great many Vols fans. Nevermind his string of completions, key plays, or Gator-killing. He's of no real consequence despite any of that, and that's how it goes. Tee's play calls got the Vols into field goal range that led to our winning. But again, ignore such things, he's just a footnote of no real value. I love my Pey, but what I said about the attitude of many fans regarding Tee, is pretty much proven by your post. No knock on you personally, as you certainly aren't alone in that mental realm.

Now, let me illustrate how much I love our demigod, Peyton. In the waning minutes when his Indianapolis team won the Super Bowl, he sat on the bench with his head down and occasionally rubbing his head. I scooted forward in my seat with my palms on either side of my head. My thoughts? How I hope he isn't disappointed and robbed again after putting in so much hard work as usual. Gator escapes, the Nebraska bowl butt-kicking, the Heisman joke selection, the Patriot impediments, and now this. Like Pey, I exhale a big sigh of relief when the game finished and Peyton's Colts had indeed won the game. The man deserved a victory after so many disappointments.

All this doesn't change how very many Vols fans view Tee as barely a footnote, while Peyton is deified, despite Tee beating the Gators and bringing us a national champion trophy.

I hope Uncle Peyton attends a lot of Texas football games to watch Arch and brings the same bad mojo he's brought to every UT game he's attended over the years.

There you go, Tee is just footnote status in the minds of a great many Vols fans. Nevermind his string of completions, key plays, or Gator-killing. He's of no real consequence despite any of that, and that's how it goes. Tee's play calls got the Vols into field goal range that led to our winning. But again, ignore such things, he's just a footnote of no real value. I love my Pey, but what I said about the attitude of many fans regarding Tee, is pretty much proven by your post. No knock on you personally, as you certainly aren't alone in that mental realm.

Now, let me illustrate how much I love our demigod, Peyton. In the waning minutes when his Indianapolis team won the Super Bowl, he sat on the bench with his head down and occasionally rubbing his head. I scooted forward in my seat with my palms on either side of my head. My thoughts? How I hope he isn't disappointed and robbed again after putting in so much hard work as usual. Gator escapes, the Nebraska bowl butt-kicking, the Heisman joke selection, the Patriot impediments, and now this. Like Pey, I exhale a big sigh of relief when the game finished and Peyton's Colts had indeed won the game. The man deserved a victory after so many disappointments.

All this doesn't change how very many Vols fans view Tee as barely a footnote, while Peyton is deified, despite Tee beating the Gators and bringing us a national champion trophy.

You’re way in the weeds dude. Tee’s completion record was set vs SC, not Fla. And the “drive” to get Tenn in position to kick the FG started at 25 and without a 6or 7 yd scramble on 3rd down, Tenn would have been out of FG range to win. Hall kicked a huge FG from beyond 40.

Tee was an outstanding QB in ‘98 from Ga game on. And was equally outstanding in ‘99, when he, BTW, lost to Florida. But to say QB play was the difference in beating Fla & not beating Fla is a massive stretch.

@WoodsmanVol his relentlessly positive and generous attitude in the face of this footnote treatment, plus his purported scuttling of Coach Thumb makes Tee my favorite.

He’s a quality dude who treats the guys he coaches like family, and I’m bummed I can’t make his golf tournament this morning!

You’re way in the weeds dude. Tee’s completion record was set vs SC, not Fla.
"Tee's completion record was set against SC, not FL."

Hmm.

Didn't Peyton play SC, too? And Shuler? And Bray? And the Iceman?

They all did. They all played SC, as well as Kentucky, and Vandy, and some G5 teams, and even an FCS team or two each. Bunch of opportunities against lesser competition to establish a completions record.

Only Tee did.

Listen, I love all those guys. Every one of them. But don't take away from Tee what he did accomplish. Even if he's not your favorite, or even among your top 10 favorites, give the man his due. He did some pretty impressive things as a Vol QB. Starting with QBing the squad that gave us the only national title many of us have been alive for.

Go Vols!

Only one person walked on water and his name was not Manning. We didn't beat Florida during Peyton's four years because the defense couldn't stop Spurrier's offense. Had very little to do with Peyton.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
Exactly correct CJH. Just a reminder......Texas could have the number 1 recruiting class each year that Manning is there but that does not win them the national championship. Manning alone does not make them win any championship and the game is still played on the field on game day. IF a QB was a guarantee to win a national championship then TN would have (4) years in a row under Peyton. But.....TN could not beat Florida when Peyton was here.
Thanks captain obvious … in other news water is wet AND the sky is blue !!

He would have beaten them twice if the offensive staff in '99 could have figured out putting an extra TE in to stop Alex Brown from jumping the snap count and getting to Tee about the same time he got his hands on the ball might have been worth a shot. Chavis wasn't the only one getting out coached back then.

Yep. With a decent defense, we win both of those games.

Watch the game again.

It's hard to keep playing defense when Peyton couldn't keep the offense on the field 🙄.

Same thing you saw all last year with our Heuper Speed offense. A lot of 3 and outs in under 1 minute.

Watch the game again.

It's hard to keep playing defense when Peyton couldn't keep the offense on the field 🙄.

Same thing you saw all last year with our Heuper Speed offense. A lot of 3 and outs in under 1 minute.

The 1998 Florida game was a lot of 3 and outs also. Bryson scored on a 60yd run & Price caught a long TD. Hardly a game of ball control.

You’re way in the weeds dude. Tee’s completion record was set vs SC, not Fla. And the “drive” to get Tenn in position to kick the FG started at 25 and without a 6or 7 yd scramble on 3rd down, Tenn would have been out of FG range to win. Hall kicked a huge FG from beyond 40.
Tee was an outstanding QB in ‘98 from Ga game on. And was equally outstanding in ‘99, when he, BTW, lost to Florida. But to say QB play was the difference in beating Fla & not beating Fla is a massive stretch.

OK, forgive my sin for daring to say positive things about Tee, and getting a bit of ball history mixed up. I'll have the Pope and six cardinals condemn me to 40 stripes minus one, plus the same via self-flagellation. By gosh, that'll teach me for sure, uh-huh.
sackcloth.png

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back