Quote from Arky player about looking forward to playing us.

So
As for Arkansas, they are rarin’ for a crack at No. 1 Tennessee after a sweep of No. 15 LSU this weekend. More and more, the Arkansas baseball players are tipping their cap at the reality of the rivalry. Robert Moore got the ball rolling in the press conference after the Game 3 win vs LSU on Saturday: “I think we are going to go into the (SEC) tournament and shake a lot of heads too with a team that’s at the top of the East.”

Leading Arkansas Sportscaster on Tony Vitello: "He’s Going to Make So Many Enemies"
Arkansas’s sportscasters are the guys with the intelligence to take a video of themselves talking about sports while taking a pee outside their duck blind and post it to Facebook. In other words, Arakansas has three sportscasters.

Tennessee is the rent-free occupant in the space between Arkansas' fans' and players' ears. They spend as much time talking about us as they talk about themselves. It seems to go back to last season when they "wet the bed" in the super-regionals, while we went on to Omaha.

It's definitely not one-sided, lots of Tennessee fans in Twitter comments after Arkansas loses a game too. Don't think it's a bad thing though, competition is healthy. It's a weird year where it seems both of us are kinda running away with our divisions pretty handily.

Guys lets not get to cocky. Arkansas could easily win all 3 in a series as we could take all 3. They have a very good ball team.
What does us fans getting “cocky” have to do with the players playing the games? Also, are you just a miserable person? Do you not enjoy winning and fun?

Reactions: feathersax
It's definitely not one-sided, lots of Tennessee fans in Twitter comments after Arkansas loses a game too. Don't think it's a bad thing though, competition is healthy. It's a weird year where it seems both of us are kinda running away with our divisions pretty handily.
Similar to 2013 midway point 🍬 14-1 and 🐅 13-2

As for Arkansas, they are rarin’ for a crack at No. 1 Tennessee after a sweep of No. 15 LSU this weekend. More and more, the Arkansas baseball players are tipping their cap at the reality of the rivalry. Robert Moore got the ball rolling in the press conference after the Game 3 win vs LSU on Saturday: “I think we are going to go into the (SEC) tournament and shake a lot of heads too with a team that’s at the top of the East.”

Leading Arkansas Sportscaster on Tony Vitello: "He’s Going to Make So Many Enemies"
You make lots of enemies when you are kicking butt. I thought the writer’s “take” was the typical bias article.

Reactions: TN_gal
I like to look at numbers. When i look at a baseball team , I look at runs allowed , run differential. When I look at UT's numbers through the 15 SEC games , I have to be excited. We have outscored SC, Ol Miss , Vandy , Missouri , and Alabama.... 115-38 , 29 doubles to 11, 6 triples to 1 , 34 HR's to 18 HR's , 108 RBI's to 36 , 290 to 156 total bases , 570 to 319 slugging , 77 BB to 18 BB................i have looked at Arky's numbers and they are good but not as good... what does this mean... Actually nothing... both teams are Great and both can beat each other.... both teams are extremely talented , both teams have experience. Both teams play hard.... I believe the back end of Arky's Schedule will be tougher than UT's... Again what does this mean... Either team will have to be on their A game to beat the other.... We are talking about the Best 2 teams in the Best Baseball conference.... A Classic Battle..... What would be Great is to see them in the Finale for it all...And Could happen but their's a lot of baseball to be played......But the fact that they are already referring to us , actually plays in UT's favor....Pressure to preform can be imposed my the rattling of the mouth. which i hope UT will learn from. JUST KEEP PLAYING THE GAME... head's down grinding every day..

I've never understood the buddy buddy system among coaches in their conferences unless they were buddies before they began coaching against each other. When I coached HS ball, I was not friends with any of the guys that were in our conference or that were part of our rivals. I could not understand because our AD was best friends with the AD and football coach from our arch rival. He told me once we had to respect them and not beat them so bad. I told him when I came there they were the ones that everyone said I had to beat so I was going to beat them as bad as I could. I do understand respect as there were some guys that had done it a long time and been successful that I respected but we were not buddies. I agree that TV is not looking to make any buddies or friends along the way with rival coaches or umpires.
You should look at Johnny Majors’ viewpoint on being friends with opposing coaches, then you would understand just how right you were and how wrong your AD was.

What does us fans getting “cocky” have to do with the players playing the games? Also, are you just a miserable person? Do you not enjoy winning and fun?
That is about as dumb a response to a post as ive seen on here. Miserable? these bitchy whiney fans on here are the freaking worst and you must be one of them

Want to trigger a Razorback?
Show them todays updated betting odds from CBS Sports for winning the College Baseball World Series.

View attachment 448409

I have been battered too often by the University of Tennessee, and these massive expectations have me worried about the post-season already lol. This team is built for post-season play though with how deep we are. It's just a question of whether or not we can avoid a cold spell at the wrong time.

Guys lets not get to cocky. Arkansas could easily win all 3 in a series as we could take all 3. They have a very good ball team.

They are a good ball team but you're talking about a hypothetical situation. Not to mention, Arkansas' players and fans were insufferable and arrogant as hell last season. It was so glorious to see them choke in their own Super Regional, especially after the thrashing they gave NC State in the first game.

It is overwhelmingly one sided though. I went to Hogville this morning for ***** and giggles and there are multiple threads about Tennessee. To my knowledge, the only one on here is the one we’re in, and it’s only mentioned because it involves us. My brother read a Twitter/message board post this morning from an Arkansas fan who suggested CTV should be charged with assault and Macias should press charges. I know he’s an outlier, but good lord how stupid can you be!? Whether or not anyone west of the river will admit it, this infatuation is due to no other reason than CTV’s ties to Fayetteville and the fact that he’s likely never coming back. From his success starting in 2019 through 2021 pre-Arkansas series, the notion that he was the prodigal son to replace DVH was a strong one. Now all of a sudden he’s a hot head, immature, classless, trash, “subhuman, scum” (straight from Hogville), etc. He didn’t suddenly become more fiery, develop a sailors mouth, develop a temper or whatever you want to call it, recruit different types of kids; the difference is he’s on the other side and those attributes are leading to our success and adding one more dog in the ring that is SEC baseball.

It is overwhelmingly one sided though. I went to Hogville this morning for ***** and giggles and there are multiple threads about Tennessee. To my knowledge, the only one on here is the one we’re in, and it’s only mentioned because it involves us. My brother read a Twitter/message board post this morning from an Arkansas fan who suggested CTV should be charged with assault and Macias should press charges. I know he’s an outlier, but good lord how stupid can you be!? Whether or not anyone west of the river will admit it, this infatuation is due to no other reason than CTV’s ties to Fayetteville and the fact that he’s likely never coming back. From his success starting in 2019 through 2021 pre-Arkansas series, the notion that he was the prodigal son to replace DVH was a strong one. Now all of a sudden he’s a hot head, immature, classless, trash, “subhuman, scum” (straight from Hogville), etc. He didn’t suddenly become more fiery, develop a sailors mouth, develop a temper or whatever you want to call it, recruit different types of kids; the difference is he’s on the other side and those attributes are leading to our success and adding one more dog in the ring that is SEC baseball.

How stupid can you be?

44B91235-658E-4758-8B74-1E0BE27F5405.jpeg

He didn’t suddenly become more fiery, develop a sailors mouth, develop a temper or whatever you want to call it, recruit different types of kids; the difference is he’s on the other side and those attributes are leading to our success and adding one more dog in the ring that is SEC baseball.

I don't think as an assistant you really see those parts of a coach though, it's magnified when he's running his own program. Most of us didn't know much at all about his personality prior to him going to Tennessee just that he was a hell of a recruiter. DVH used to be pretty intense and would cuss out umps with the best of them but he's mellowed out over the years. It's probably true that the fur coats and daddy hat wouldn't trigger a lot of fans if it were their own team lol

VN Store

Back