Quote from Arky player about looking forward to playing us.

Bigun

As for Arkansas, they are rarin’ for a crack at No. 1 Tennessee after a sweep of No. 15 LSU this weekend. More and more, the Arkansas baseball players are tipping their cap at the reality of the rivalry. Robert Moore got the ball rolling in the press conference after the Game 3 win vs LSU on Saturday: “I think we are going to go into the (SEC) tournament and shake a lot of heads too with a team that’s at the top of the East.”

Leading Arkansas Sportscaster on Tony Vitello: "He’s Going to Make So Many Enemies"

As for Arkansas, they are rarin’ for a crack at No. 1 Tennessee after a sweep of No. 15 LSU this weekend. More and more, the Arkansas baseball players are tipping their cap at the reality of the rivalry. Robert Moore got the ball rolling in the press conference after the Game 3 win vs LSU on Saturday: “I think we are going to go into the (SEC) tournament and shake a lot of heads too with a team that’s at the top of the East.”

Leading Arkansas Sportscaster on Tony Vitello: "He’s Going to Make So Many Enemies"

At present, the only thing one needs to know about Arkansas baseball is that they're three games behind us.

Tennessee is the rent-free occupant in the space between Arkansas' fans' and players' ears. They spend as much time talking about us as they talk about themselves. It seems to go back to last season when they "wet the bed" in the super-regionals, while we went on to Omaha.

Arkansas has a polarizing basketball coach. So we’re even.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I absolutely love the fact that CTV is so aggressive and defends his players. If we had someone who was soft, no way we'd be where we are now. Arkansas may have a historically decent to good baseball program, but that was then and this is now.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol

That’s what you call “living rent freein their head”.

The SECT means nothing. It’s less important than the SEC Basketball tournament.

In reality... the may have more wins in baseball, but they still haven't won a Natty. To me... the difference between the programs is nominal at best. They've been to more CWS, but we've been to multiple as well. They'd best be careful what they wish for. That's what I was always told.

I went and looked at Arkys remaining schedule… they will have their hands full there. I think they will remain the top in the west but finish 5 games behind that team in the the East that Robert Moore referred to. I love it. The more they talk the better.. They are a good team but don’t think they have the pitching depth that the team from the East has. I like that Description!!!

"

Just so you'll know, it's "rearin' for..."
But Vols ain't skeered of no hogs.

It’s a horrible play for the player , but the play in the College World Series to catch a pop up to win it all will forever linger in their minds. I honestly hate that type player for any player especially a College player. I still go watch that play on YouTube from time to time… Now UT is in their heads a little. I love the fact that UT has risen to the forefront of College Baseball. I just want to see this team go to the CWS. I honestly think if UT gets there they win it. At least have a legitimate shot !!

Vitello isn't looking to make friends with Umpires, opposing Coaches or their Players. Tony is about UT winning baseball games.

I've never understood the buddy buddy system among coaches in their conferences unless they were buddies before they began coaching against each other. When I coached HS ball, I was not friends with any of the guys that were in our conference or that were part of our rivals. I could not understand because our AD was best friends with the AD and football coach from our arch rival. He told me once we had to respect them and not beat them so bad. I told him when I came there they were the ones that everyone said I had to beat so I was going to beat them as bad as I could. I do understand respect as there were some guys that had done it a long time and been successful that I respected but we were not buddies. I agree that TV is not looking to make any buddies or friends along the way with rival coaches or umpires.

I've never understood the buddy buddy system among coaches in their conferences unless they were buddies before they began coaching against each other. When I coached HS ball, I was not friends with any of the guys that were in our conference or that were part of our rivals. I could not understand because our AD was best friends with the AD and football coach from our arch rival. He told me once we had to respect them and not beat them so bad. I told him when I came there they were the ones that everyone said I had to beat so I was going to beat them as bad as I could. I do understand respect as there were some guys that had done it a long time and been successful that I respected but we were not buddies. I agree that TV is not looking to make any buddies or friends along the way with rival coaches or umpires.
Its sports. Its a game. Not war. I like to see respect amongst coaches and rivals. Doesnt mean you have to dislike or disrespect another coach.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I never said it was war. But when you are going for the same players there is too much buddy buddy stuff. I never felt the need to be friends with the guys on the other side unless we were friends when we started. Kirby and Robert and several other Arkansas players will always be friends, I'm guessing since they played together for 3 years. But he will not give Robert anything to hit and vice versa Robert will take him yard if he gets a chance. I just have no respect for DVH before UT so I don't see it changing afterwards. Him and TV are two totally different coaches and they coach differently and recruit differently. They are actually looking for two different types of players.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back