Quart'e Sapp declares for draft

I think he will show his athleticism on Tn. Pro Day. He will sign as a free agent just like A, Foster did
Probably be assigned to practice squad

Positive point is that it will free up a slot for recruiting. Negative point is Q would have been able to contribute next season but a new recruit may not be able to contribute immediately.

He probably won’t be drafted but I could see him getting picked up on a practice squad. Wasn’t gonna make it here but hes got his degree to fall back on so not a bad move imo.

While I am not a Tennessee fan, I think it's sort of a bad sign that I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

If he's an offensive player, he'd have to be an offensive lineman because I would recognize the names of the skill players. And if he's an offensive lineman, that would be bad.

If he's a defensive player, I don't recall his name mentioned during a game.

Was he injured early in the year and missed a bunch of the season or something?

Reactions: rocytop2624
I wish Quarte Sapp all the best and hope he makes it in the NFL, but my wishes won't get him a cup of coffee or a donut, much less success in the League.
Quarte is a long shot at best in the NFL.

I can already hear Liev Schreiber narrating next years Hard Knocks
“Undrafted free agent Quart’e Sapp gets the call no one wants to get. He has to bring his playbook and laptop to the director of player personnel’s office and will be told that he did not make the team.”

I hope I’m wrong

If all things Vol continue as normal, then Sapp becomes an UFA, makes practice squad, takes advantage of injuries and gets on a team, balls out, makes the pro-bowl his 2nd season, then after a dominant 3rd, he causes comparisons with Butkus and Lewis. Meanwhile, next year we lose to Vandy again in another faceoff to determine who gets bowl eligible. :-\

Wasn't he the one who refused to go out onto the field during the Florida game? Openly defying Pruitt to the staff and team?

Kind of glad he's leaving TBH. The more toxic Butch Jones' recruits that leave the better.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
While I am not a Tennessee fan, I think it's sort of a bad sign that I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

If he's an offensive player, he'd have to be an offensive lineman because I would recognize the names of the skill players. And if he's an offensive lineman, that would be bad.

If he's a defensive player, I don't recall his name mentioned during a game.

Was he injured early in the year and missed a bunch of the season or something?
ILB. Highly recruited but was beat out by Bituli and Kirkland. But had major injuries the previous seasons that halted progress.

Was asked to leave the field during our game against you guys. Pruitt said he was told Sapp refused to go in when asked. Sapp said it was all just poor communication.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back