Punk Rock Thread - formerly know as Circle Jerks Appreciation Thread

Still a sore spot with me. I had a chance to see them around that same year. It was at the Nucleus in Chattanooga. Got talked into going to a YMCA lock in. WTF was I thinking.

If I remember it correctly, in early ‘86 Vic & Bills had them, Circle Jerks and Dead Kennedy’s in the same week.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Research proves my memory way off. Black Flag was at Vic and Bills, but the Circle Jerks show I was thinking of was at the Antenna Club in Memphis.

I would put money on the Kennedys being there, but google says otherwise.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Just watched this on Amazon last night. Great fun. Steve Jones would be fun to hang with.

Documentary on making of Never Mind the Bollocks: Here's the Sex Pistols

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Just watched this on Amazon last night. Great fun. Steve Jones would be fun to hang with.

Documentary on making of Never Mind the Bollocks: Here's the Sex Pistols

I have The Filth and the Fury on DVD, though I am not really sure where my DVDs are. It is a good one.

40 years ago today X released Los Angeles. One of my favorite albums from one of my favorite bands.

I remember when I discovered X and became obsessed. Their albums were hard to find in small town TN circa 1990. Had hit up a record shop on vacation to run across one.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
First punk song I was ever exposed to that I can remember thanks to Return of the Living Dead (great movie!). I like this version better than the real album version.

My favorite punk song though of all time. When I lived in Iceland they came over the radio at one of their grocery stores..thought it was hilarious.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
For fans of Ian Mackaye, check out Coriky. Just released an album. Ian, his wife Amy Farina and Joe Lally.

This is my sound! I like a lot of different music but melody and energy gets me every time.

VN Store

Back