Punk Rock Thread - formerly know as Circle Jerks Appreciation Thread

they are regarded as an integral part of NYC's punk scene of the 70s - kinda started the CBGB's phenomenon
Sure, I’m familiar with their history. So were the Talking Heads bit is never consider them punk.

That was a time where punk rock and art rock were mingled, which was a good thing imo.

Last edited:
I hear ya. The are punk in more of an ethos than sound/musical styles
That’s a good way to put it. There was some really good music to come out of that era, much of which is still unknown by most out there. I was listening to the Plimsouls a while back and thinking how they got overlooked.

Reactions: sona
That’s a good way to put it. There was some really good music to come out of that era, much of which is still unknown by most out there. I was listening to the Plimsouls a while back and thinking how they got overlooked.

i vaguely remember them - the name at least

Big fan of The Plimsouls.

Reactions: Roustabout
There were a lot bands that were considered punk without the sound as the 80s punk bands.

There were a lot bands that were considered punk without the sound as the 80s punk bands.

If anyone wants their shot st the title, I'll be here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200212-170133_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-170133_Facebook.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back