PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

True. America has become whiney. You definitely fit the new mold. Awesome on donating to cool seats! When you decide to give money to Spyre I’ll respect your opinion more on how well they’re doing with recruits. Until then, nah.
Ha, having an opinion I don't think is new. But oh well, move out the parents basement. That number 11 to 13 recruiting class doesn't motivate me to give them my hard earned. But Huepel has earned it.

Ha, having an opinion I don't think is new. But oh well, move out the parents basement. That number 11 to 13 recruiting class doesn't motivate me to give them my hard earned. But Huepel has earned it.
Donate and maybe you can help that class ranking increase. They gotta have money to be able to make offers. 👍🏼 If you don’t want to that’s fine. It’s your money, but to crap on them when you don’t even donate is just dumb.

I didn't see an option for 1 time donations, only monthly memberships. Maybe I missed it? Also it seems odd not to accept paypal

Reactions: InVOLuntary
There's the $5 dollar a month option.

If every fan did that, we'd be rocking and rolling.

Pardon me, but if you can't afford $5 a month to support a passion... then your attention should probably pull away from sports and whatever else so that you can focus on more financial stability.

Being poor doesn't make you inherently a bad person... but it absolutely sucks.
And not having money can make you do desperate things.

Have a passion for life as well for the Vols.
There's been a lot of crappy "True Fan" takes in my years on this board and this is about the dumbest one.

That $30Mil a year goal for Spyre is really doable IMO. Think of it this way, if the capacity of Neyland Stadium (101,915) would just donate $25 a month that would be $30.5Mil annually. Donate if you haven’t already and if you have, tell a friend.

That's a gym membership. A single experience at the movies.
If you're making 50k+ living in TN, then sure
$25 a month no problem.

However, even without spyre most fans are spending money on tickets and merchandise. Or buying food that doesn't even go to VOL ad...it's still money and time spent. It counts.

That's why I like the $5 option.

Pretty much any fan should be able to contribute to that.

There are millions of Vol fans. Not just the stadium goers.

Even if we have 30 mil. Our culture needs to be right. As if we still just had 5 million private dollars...
Still need good recruiters/ coaches.

Reactions: bigdan
@WillAtSpyre

Is there a way to purchase an annual membership instead of the monthly deal? I was thinking about a Christmas gift for my son. I don't like the monthly thing. Would rather just pay the annual amount one time.

Also, just my opinion, I think you need another level. I think you need a $10-$15 level. I think the difference between $5/month ($60 annual) and $25/month ($300 annual) is too great. I think you'd get more people at that $10-$15 level that settle on the $5 because the $25 is too much. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Auburn has 13 million ready for NIL. Spyre might want to stop nickel and diming and get your Haslam millions to back you. Then you can skim more off the top for yourselves and then actually pay for recruits.

Reactions: WillAtSpyre
@WillAtSpyre

Is there a way to purchase an annual membership instead of the monthly deal? I was thinking about a Christmas gift for my son. I don't like the monthly thing. Would rather just pay the annual amount one time.

Also, just my opinion, I think you need another level. I think you need a $10-$15 level. I think the difference between $5/month ($60 annual) and $25/month ($300 annual) is too great. I think you'd get more people at that $10-$15 level that settle on the $5 because the $25 is too much. Just a thought.
How about a $16 level? Move $25 to $27.
So we have a Hooker, Peyton or Big Al level!

VN Store

Back