PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

Not everyone is @InVOLuntary

Just saying, not all of us are bankrolling to give to recruits. That's why donors exist.
Asking you wonder why donors does go all out each year we all know it's a tax write off anyway. I honestly understand where your coming from about this issue,we buy season tickets for the big sports meaning WBB,WSB,MBB and football that's really pushing finances for fans.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Asking you wonder why donors does go all out each year we all know it's a tax write off anyway. I honestly understand where your coming from about this issue,we buy season tickets for the big sports meaning WBB,WSB,MBB and football that's really pushing finances for fans.
I would love nothing more than to financially back TN athletes. Honestly, if God has blessed and enriched you, you're in a place to do so. Kudos to you for doing it.

I dont even need to say, my children and my family will alwaya, aa they should. Come first.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I would love nothing more than to financially back TN athletes. Honestly, if God has blessed and enriched you, you're in a place to do so. Kudos to you for doing it.

I dont even need to say, my children and my family will alwaya, aa they should. Come first.
Very true about family always first!!!!!!!!

Yeah big donations are out of the question for me

But 5 dollars or 25 dollars a month?

99% of us can do either of those

Donating to Spyre or a collective is not a tax write-off. Donating to the school is a write-off.

Exactly, so stop saying it. No one is saying -- or has ever said -- that people should not take care of their families.

It makes everyone who repeats this dumb argument -- when it's already been stated 1000 times in every NIL thread -- sound like they have zero memory and feel guilty. Or that they just want to bicker and don't care how it affects our fundraising.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Exactly, so stop saying it. No one is saying -- or has ever said -- that people should not take care of their families.

It makes everyone who repeats this fumb argument -- when it's already been stated 1000 times in every NIL thread -- sound like they have zero memory and feel guilty. Or that they just want to bicker and care care how it affects our fundraising. It derails the thread every time.
Ive never read it before, until I said it. Slow your roll.

It also is priorities.

If people spend like everyday on this site or spend almost everyday consuming some type of Vol coverage.

Go to games

Watch every game

Watch replays and highlights year round

And then refuse to pay 5 dollars a month

Then you're just being a stubborn man

Like 5 dollars is literally nothing

Reactions: VolNash17
If people spend like everyday on this site or spend almost everyday consuming some type of Vol coverage.

Go to games

Watch every game

Watch replays and highlights year round

And then refuse to pay 5 dollars a month

Then you're just being a stubborn man

Like 5 dollars is literally nothing
But I mean you still are supporting the team. Just not as directly to NIL. So it's not that big of a deal.

TN might be well positioned as the NCAA takes marijuana off of their banned substances list. Schools in legal states like CA and CO might win some recruiting battles, but TN with the opposite culture from 15 years ago (players getting baptized instead of getting arrested), might have an advantage with clearer minds on the court.

TN might be well positioned as the NCAA takes marijuana off of their banned substances list. Schools in legal states like CA and CO might win some recruiting battles, but TN with the opposite culture from 15 years ago (players getting baptized instead of getting arrested), might have an advantage with clearer minds on the court.
Well said TGO!
Just because others are doing it ... does not automatically make it a good thing to do. Just spit balling here: Driving your car off a California cliff, robbing convenience stores at gunpoint, sleeping on the street, test driving meth, driving under the influence, I can think of a few more if needed ..... :^)))))))

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Roster management is underrated. With football, staffs can take a lot of chances with so many spots. In basketball they have to be far more selective and mistakes can be hard to overcome.

I don’t know for a fact, but I believe that TN has cut several players loose over the last several years that weren’t necessarily cultural fits and they could have filled some important roles. Rebounders recently.

Things didn’t work out so well when about 5 years ago the NCAA claimed that they were going to emphasize freedom of movement for offensive players. So TN had an appropriate roster built for that. Unfortunately the SEC refs in particular continued letting the extremely physical style of play continue. Last year’s team, as physical as they were, would have been an advantageous roster during the fake freedom of movement era.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
OMG

Reactions: berryvol
All other things being equal, I’ll take the guys that are in Bible study the night before the game over the ones taking bong hits.
They are one in the same. Bible paper works well in a pinch.

You can't be serious. No one is choosing a school based on that.

Quite the exaggeration to think the players are going to partake before the game. I'm not saying everyone will abstain before games, but most will

VN Store

Back