PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

you wanna pay my mortgage?
Nah are you one that complains about NIL issues I'm talking about the ones who bitch about that is the reason we can't get the big recruits they know who they are. No offense to anyone just a statement. Have a nice day

Nah are you one that complains about NIL issues I'm talking about the ones who bitch about that is the reason we can't get the big recruits they know who they are. No offense to anyone just a statement. Have a nice day
Not everyone is @InVOLuntary

Just saying, not all of us are bankrolling to give to recruits. That's why donors exist.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Apologize f I got people pissed off,just mark it off as a newbie who has no business on this board
You have nothing to apologize for. To quote an old saying, “you are putting your money where your mouth is”. I also contribute 100 bucks per month, but I can afford to. I don’t think 5 dollars per month is to much to ask for to contribute to the cause. I wonder how many of the more vocal voices on here contribute? And no I don’t want to pay others bills.

Plenty of Vol fans could afford $50 a month. Tons spend way more than that each month in ignorant crap like cigarettes, marijuana, meth and booze. Hell one meal at say Texas Roadhouse is over $50.

Maybe they want those things tho?

Most American thing ever is to blame the consumer instead of the business. If Spyre is having trouble attracting members then perhaps they need to figure out how to provide more value for members and/or market their product better.

Last edited:
Plenty of Vol fans could afford $50 a month. Tons spend way more than that each month in ignorant crap like cigarettes, marijuana, meth and booze. Hell one meal at say Texas Roadhouse is over $50.
Appreciate Vol fans that donate to UT, but I already make my student loan payments for my time there and have a family that I’d rather spend money on than an athlete. Love NIL for what it is, legal or pay-for-play, but I’d rather spend my money taking extravagant trips, furnishing my home, etc. Plus, with my genetics, my son will need a college savings because he’s not getting an athletic scholarship

Reactions: MarcoVol
Doesn’t even have to be the 50 a month. If everyone that had season tickets just did 5 a month it would make a big impact

Appreciate Vol fans that donate to UT, but I already make my student loan payments for my time there and have a family that I’d rather spend money on than an athlete. Love NIL for what it is, legal or pay-for-play, but I’d rather spend my money taking extravagant trips, furnishing my home, etc. Plus, with my genetics, my son will need a college savings because he’s not getting an athletic scholarship
I think we could get 500,000 to do $5/mo without it hurting too much. But everyone needs to decide what is important to them. I just don’t want people to complain when we can’t keep up with other schools. Hopefully CJH can scheme us to a lot wins.

The fact of the matter is, Spyre has just got to do a better job of outreach to the average Tennessee fan, as I've said elsewhere. Most people have still never heard of Spyre or what they do for the athletes.

Also (and this is jmo) but I think the value for what you receive is there at the high end of donations but at the low end (which is where most people will be) Im not sure it is.

I think we could get 500,000 to do $5/mo without it hurting too much. But everyone needs to decide what is important to them. I just don’t want people to complain when we can’t keep up with other schools. Hopefully CJH can scheme us to a lot wins.
I get what you’re saying and it’s a fair statement. Everyone watching Tennessee on TV can afford $5 a month. IMO It’s not the money, it’s more of a principle. I could afford to give a couple hundred a month, but NIL is the 50th item on the financial priority list. Maybe down the road that changes but right now I’m staring down the barrel of a 30 year mortgage and 22 years of daycare, private school, and college

I get what you’re saying and it’s a fair statement. Everyone watching Tennessee on TV can afford $5 a month. IMO It’s not the money, it’s more of a principle. I could afford to give a couple hundred a month, but NIL is the 50th item on the financial priority list. Maybe down the road that changes but right now I’m staring down the barrel of a 30 year mortgage and 22 years of daycare, private school, and college
No one ever said you are required to do anything. That goes without saying. But yet it has been said 1000 times already.

Repeating "the case" every time the subject comes up, by anyone (not just you), amounts to actively undermining our team and our NIL.

Please stop this stuff.

Sounds to me like you have your priorities straight

No one ever said you are required to do anything. That goes without saying. But yet it has been said 1000 times already.

Repeating "the case" every time the subject comes up, by anyone (not just you), amounts to actively undermining our team and our NIL.

Please stop this stuff.
So, let me get this straight. You think you should be able to tell other people how to spend their money. However, nobody else should be able to respond. Have you considered a career in the U.S. Congress?

So, let me get this straight. You think you should be able to tell other people how to spend their money. However, nobody else should be able to respond. Have you considered a career in the U.S. Congress?
Your reading comprehension: 0%

My reading comprehension is perfect, and you got this discussion moved out of a player thread, where you never should have started this discussion in the first place.
Actually I said something and people commented on it and I apologized about starting a war. As far as posting stuff I can look in EVERY thread and I will find bs conversations going on off topic so don't act like thread patrol

Maybe they want those things tho?

Most American thing ever is to blame the consumer instead of the business. If Spyre is having trouble attracting members then perhaps they need to figure out how to provide more value for members and/or market their product better.

While I don’t disagree, the “value for members” in this instance is a bit different. While autographs and benefits are great, the “value” is from signing great athletes and winning, which we are doing across the board. Our athletic department just won its second straight SEC all-sports title. There is much of the “value.”

VN Store

Back