Pruitt's post game message for TN fans

Eh. Its not a shock to hear him say that. The groans are getting louder.

Believe or not but there are some people old enough to know what good football looks like at Tennessee. It gets harder to remember with each passing year, but many have seen it. We dont need it explained, just need it fixed.

No different than last week, what he says after the game and on Monday is irrelevant.
You re not gonna win any games or leverage behind a mic.

The only thing he needed to say in that article to complete the transformation would have been, "we will get there...brick by brick...".

Being a UT fan is like Groundhog Day every year....

Reactions: NEO and JACK8254
What player future or current, would be inspired to play for Tennessee after watching that game? No imagination, no excitement, no apparent drive to win. Looked like a team just going through the motions. Even the idiot Gary Danielson thought this was part of some kind of strategy we have going.

Yea, we may look better getting off the bus and we do have several 300+ lineman. Who cares? What are the results? After getting shellacked 3 games in a row, I don't care how good we look.

Reactions: 08Vol
He really has 3 jobs. Hire and manage a staff, fix the D, and manage the QB position.

He appeared to succeed on the first one only to handcuff them. The D looks worse and for threes straight games has been shredding down the middle. His management of the QB position is terrible. He appeared to do well last year but if they seriously don't have a better option than JG... then what's he been doing for 3 years and why didn't they go after a guy like D'Eriq King?

His recruiting is sh!t, his development is sh!t, his in game management is sh!t.... He's not a head coach

I don’t think his recruiting is complete $hit. He’s looking at bringing in a very good class this year. That’s not his biggest problem area.

He really has 3 jobs. Hire and manage a staff, fix the D, and manage the QB position.

He appeared to succeed on the first one only to handcuff them. The D looks worse and for threes straight games has been shredding down the middle. His management of the QB position is terrible. He appeared to do well last year but if they seriously don't have a better option than JG... then what's he been doing for 3 years and why didn't they go after a guy like D'Eriq King?

I wouldn't say that he's "succeeded" at hiring a staff. How much staff turnover have we had in 2.5 seasons under Pruitt? How much more are we going to have before next season?

Hiring the wrong coaches is just setting us back further and further with each hire.

Reactions: 08Vol and VOL_Lyfe
I wouldn't say that he's "succeeded" at hiring a staff. How much staff turnover have we had in 2.5 seasons under Pruitt? How much more are we going to have before next season?

Hiring the wrong coaches is just setting us back farther and farther with each hire.

I think I saw that 12 (now 13 coaches) have either left or changed job titles in the last 2.5 years

Reactions: 08Vol

Hiring the wrong coaches is just setting us back farther and farther with each hire.
Staff of guys who have succeeded elsewhere... is what's setting the program back?

Honestly we’ll know more next week about pruitt. Kentucky game was a big fat disappointment but Georgia, Bama those were going to be losses regardless. If he trots out JG versus Arkansas, he’ll probably lose the rest of the fans and the team as well.

As much as I hate to hear the whole BS of “we’ll get them next year” I’ll be closer to believing it if we see a QB being developed better than JG. I think this is essential for morale in the team and the fans and most importantly recruiting.

Last edited:
I'm sure he is very glad to be here, his projected ceiling is a top tier defensive coordinator at a program with a dynamic head coach that has a hand in coaching the defense and in recruiting the players to play in that defense, Fulmer was obsolete when he was fired, not attractive to any other program (he thought he had the Clemson job but the elevated some nerd named Dabo), Dooley had no head coaching options when he flamed ou, nor did Butch, nor will Pruitt when he realizes he's in over his head in deep water,

In my opinion, the saddest part of the story is we handed the keys to the whole ride to the guy that ran it into the ditch to begin with

Staff of guys who have succeeded elsewhere... is what's setting the program back?

If succeeded elsewhere = succeeding here, then we wouldn't be seeing the turnover we've seen.

Other than Helton taking a HC job, how many of these hires were hired away because they did a good job and were promoted, or someone poached them with more money?

Reactions: 08Vol and VOL_Lyfe
If succeeded elsewhere = succeeding here, then we wouldn't be seeing the turnover we've seen.

Other than Helton taking a HC job, how many of these hires were hired away because they did a good job and were promoted, or someone poached them with more money?
So you are arguing that these guys are being empowered and well led by Pruitt and are failing because they aren't any good? We'll just have to disagree.

So you are arguing that these guys are being empowered and well led by Pruitt and are failing because they aren't any good? We'll just have to disagree.

I think their status as either not being employed by UT, or the current lack of player development speak for themselves.

Whether that's because of their own lack of skill, or trying to employ that skill under Pruitt as HC is debatable.

Well....let's unpack that. Why are guys who succeeded everywhere else not successful here?

1. Facilities? Top 10 facilities in the country. That is not an issue
2. Environment? SEC environment, large stadium, passionate fan base. Not an issue either
3. Talent? Given, first two years he had limited talent and a team that had to change their attitudes. He now has 3 recruiting classes in, and is on his 3rd year of changing the locker room and developing players. Not done either, and there was no talent gap with UK that was detrimental to us. Talent is there.
4. Head coach? Maybe that is it. Stubborn? Won't listen to his staff? Forces his decisions? Hard to work with? I do not know, but this is a variable that could be causing this
5. AD? Not an issue for failure. He has all the support he needs to be successful in the athletic department.

So, if it is not issues within the coaching staff and possibly with Pruitt and how he handles his staff, what other causes do you have?

VN Store

Back