Pruitts hire compared to other 4 BIG names two years ago............

Pruitt walked into a disaster just like Butch Jones walked into a disaster. So far Butch Jones did it better. We all know how Butch turned out and the risk of letting a coach have 5 year to "brick by brick" a program in the SEC. Big wins early matter the most. So far Pruitt has zero of those. He does have some pretty unexpected losses though.

Everyone on that list right where I thought they’d be outside of Kelly, although it’s not surprising, he needs a QB to make that system he runs go. He just got that this year.

Pruitt has some flaws but I’m good as long as he stays on schedule, need 8 wins next year to keep this thing trending up. Everything is focused on 2021 for me, that’s when I’ll make my judgement.

Pruitt walked into a disaster just like Butch Jones walked into a disaster. So far Butch Jones did it better. We all know how Butch turned out and the risk of letting a coach have 5 year to "brick by brick" a program in the SEC. Big wins early matter the most. So far Pruitt has zero of those. He does have some pretty unexpected losses though.

Beating 2 ranked teams in his first season, including at Auburn doesn’t qualify as a big win?

If Kelly or Frost had said yes...but he was waiting.

That is your story, and you're sticking to it. I followed Mullen's public statements, and I believe he would have accepted a Good Tennessee offer instead of waiting, if Tennessee had made him a good offer. I think he really wanted and expected a good offer from Tennessee, which he earned and deserved. Our brainiacs decided to hire Schiano and shut it down. I am good with Pruitt. But you keep repeating the belief that Mullen was waiting for Florida as if he was not open to an offer from Tennessee, and that's not my take on the situation which I followed closely at the time.

That is your story, and you're sticking to it. I followed Mullen's public statements, and I believe he would have accepted a Good Tennessee offer instead of waiting, if Tennessee had made him a good offer. I think he really wanted and expected a good offer from Tennessee, which he earned and deserved. Our brainiacs decided to hire Schiano and shut it down. I am good with Pruitt. But you keep repeating the belief that Mullen was waiting for Florida as if he was not open to an offer from Tennessee, and that's not my take on the situation which I followed closely at the time.
Me too. Gotta link quoting his interest in us? Would have to check the VQ archives, but Hubbs said our terms weren’t less than Florida’s. We just weren’t his preferred destination. He was always going to wait.

Everyone on that list right where I thought they’d be outside of Kelly, although it’s not surprising, he needs a QB to make that system he runs go. He just got that this year.

Pruitt has some flaws but I’m good as long as he stays on schedule, need 8 wins next year to keep this thing trending up. Everything is focused on 2021 for me, that’s when I’ll make my judgement.
If you’re talking about Dorian Thompson-Robinson, it’s his second season under Kelly.

Me too. Gotta link quoting his interest in us? Would have to check the VQ archives, but Hubbs said our terms weren’t less than Florida’s. We just weren’t his preferred destination. He was always going to wait.

Of course I have a link quoting his interest in us. Wrote down the link, tore it off, and stuck it in the left front pocket of my wallet. Wait. Where's my wallet?!

Dude, being ruggedly handsome and packing serious heat goes not mean I am a link librarian. I recall raising dust about Currie vacationing in Bahamas with the basketball team, when his job was to get a new fb coach hired. Mullen had already spoken about being contacted, as if he expected an interview. I don't recall if he ever got one, but some guy appeared on VN talking like a big shot and told me there was nothing to worry about because the decision was made and Currie was doing his job by flying down to the Bahamas. Well, it wasn't long before same guy was talking up Schiano, and that was about the time all hell broke loose.

Last edited:
Of course I have a link quoting his interest in us. Wrote down the link, tore it off, and stuck it in the left front pocket of my wallet. Wait. Where's my wallet?!

Dude, being ruggedly handsome and packing serious heat goes not mean I am a link librarian. I recall raising dust about Currie vacationing in Bahamas with the basketball team, when his job was to get a new fb coach hired. Mullen had already spoken about being contacted, as if he expected an interview. I don't recall if he ever got one, but some guy appeared on VN talking like a big shot and told me there was nothing to worry about because the decision was made and Currie was doing his job by flying down to the Bahamas. Well, it wasn't long before same guy was talking up Schiano, and that was about the time all hell broke loose.
Mullen was talking up Schiano? Lost focus, sorry. Two different posters privy to the same information and allz I remember was Mullen playing it close to the vest. Only declarations were that he was happy at Mississippi State and preparing for the Egg Bowl...then simply a bowl. Guiltily bought that he might end up snubbing everyone and staying put. Obviously wrong because he dumped his Mississippi State kids as fast as Florida greenlit his hiring. Schiano was Currie’s 1B and most likely only because the 1A was his masters top choice...Mullen. That’s why Hubbs and other insiders ventured the $5 million to $6 million figures authorized to hire Mullen...SERIOUS offer. Not a champion for that snafu apparatus in charge of hiring our coach...but wrong example for messing up. They tried (seriously) to land Mullen before going full Schiano.

Morris got fired after 1.5 yrs. That doesn't seem right. Was their something else going on? I wouldnt fire a guy after a year and a half unless I had a good replacement lined up. Is Arky run by a 7 year old?

unfortunately I live in LR........the football team quit on him and fan apathy was at an all time high. Morris lost the locker room, the media and the fans.....bad combination

If you don’t see what Mullen accomplished, fine.

But, Florida had issues. A lot of those issues are the reason they are competitive, but really a pretender for loftier goals at this point.

but, whether you like him or not, Jaws is correct here. the last two years, I have read Florida is overrated. Florida’s off-season was a mess. Florida’s recruiting class is blah. Mullen’s not that good. And plenty more. Yet, two NY6 bowls in two years and a top 10 ranking.

i didn’t have goals set that high in the first two years, so I’m pretty impressed myself.

Not to mention, he’s fixed the thing he was hired to fix almost immediately as Florida is scoring more points in a season than they have since Tebow and they did it this season with a QB who doesn’t fit his offense and an offensive line that can not block.

Reactions: UTwild82
Out of that list, I think you can argue whether Cristobal or Mullen have been best so far, so they're 1A and 1B. Jimbo third. Pruitt is clear 4th IMO. And I'm pretty happy with that.

Too easily we forget the chaotic administration, the hiring & firing & in-fighting, the fiscal mess...

UT may want a coach, but the coach has to want to work at UT. Given UT's situation, the "best" experienced candidates understandably demurred. UT's hire of Pruitt was a very good hire in the cold light of truth. Let us hope for his success. Let it be long standing and lift our football program to challenge for championship regularly.

Butch Jones' feet of clay were masked by the play of an exceptional athlete and QB, Josh Dobbs. Pruitt shows more promise for rebuilding UT football than CBJ ever did. Clear eyes see this.

Butch Jones wanted the UT job when few others did. That is why he was hired. He served at a difficult time. I am not ungrateful, however, I am also glad his service ended and Pruitt's has begun.

Is this serious? I think Pruitt has 5 SEC upsets in his first two seasons...

I bet you couldn't name all the big 12 coaches without google. And no I can't in case you were wondering.

Riley
Rhule
Herman
Gundy
Campbell
Patterson
Miles
Wells
Klieman
Brown

I’ll admit that I couldn’t remember WV coach (Brown)
And each one would out coach Pruitt

Hopefully there’s a bag on your genitalia so you are prevented from Procreating.

Reactions: AM64
Riley
Rhule
Herman
Gundy
Campbell
Patterson
Miles
Wells
Klieman
Brown

I’ll admit that I couldn’t remember WV coach (Brown)
And each one would out coach Pruitt

How you can say that definitively is silly but if that's what you think, I'm not going to sit here and try and change your mind. The reason being, I can't prove he could out coach them unless he played them on a consistent basis. I will say that I like Patterson, Herman, and Miles off that list. I think they are good coaches. And for Pruitt, I like him as well but he's still learning to be a HC at a major university. But all that means is that he's learning how to manage the program as a whole, not learning how to coach.

If 20-5 is odd, give me more odd.

Opposing fans like to insult the coach of other teams, especially their rivals, it’s part of fandom. So naturally, you like to call Mullen “odd,” many Gator fans like to call Pruitt a “goofball,” Kirby Smart “Barney Rubble,” Willie Taggart “Blackelwain” and so on..
Your name reminds me of the pic of your head coach humping a shark.

VN Store

Back